Fernando Torres

Yes would present a few formation headaches -but Drogba and Torres up front would terrify defences -..if they could play together...

Trouble is getting the ball to them though with a diamond, always the same problem we pass and pass with little penetration when we play with the midfield diamond. Would love to see Torres and Drogba paired up, but it's what happens behind them that worries me, if we can get it right we would be pretty unstoppable.

We might have to revert to a flat 4-4-2 in that case.. Play with traditional wingers and CMs to support attack and defense.. Problem is Lamps would not be at his usual best in a flat 4-4-2. Also there is a problem of who we would play as RM. We have only 2 options there - Yossi and Kakuta. Neither a traditional RM.

Torres set for Chelsea?

Numerous sources, including radio station Talksport, and Guillem Balague via his Twitter account, have been reporting that Fernando Torres' move to Chelsea is an almost done deal, stating that he should be a Chelsea player by the end of the day. Adding fuel to the fire a number of bookmakers, including Paddy Power have suspended all betting on Torres joining Chelsea after seeing a huge flurry of betting action yesterday. It had appeared Manchester City were the favourites to secure the Spanish European Championship and World Cup winner's signature but this latest development has grabbed the attention of Chelsea and Liverpool fans everywhere.

Villa: I thought Torres would sign for Chelsea

“I am actually a little surprised. It looks like Nando is staying. After I spoke with him at the World Cup I thought he would sign for Chelsea. I think it must only be that Chelsea did not meet Liverpool’s valuation. Because, if they had, I am sure he would have made the move.”

-David Villa, on Fernando Torres

:readthemessage:we definetly need the first espana pleya in our team list.. fernando torres is the man for chelsea london!!

he wouldn`t be the first spanish player in our team list...tho he would definately be the first on our treatment table every week.

Well the Mistery has been Revel....., in my opinion the real deal well be decide in 10 days.

So if this happen Forget torres and we should be Get as much help as posible because this year the Premier League Will be The Hardest We ever see with Money City, Liverpool Hong Kong FC, Ferguson United, Arsenal Kinder, Spurs Surprise and Chelsea The Champion, Battling for everything...

LIVERPOOL takeover mastermind Kenny Huang secretly sent envoys to see Kop stars Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres two weeks ago.

The Chinese businessman views the pair as Anfield's crown jewels and essential to the club's future success.

But he feared they would quit the club before he could gain control.

So while he was planning his buy-out of the 18-time league champions, he sent aides to meet with skipper Gerrard and Spanish hitman Torres plus their representatives.

A source close to one of the players revealed: "Gerrard and Torres were both informed that moves were underway to take control of Liverpool.

"They were told that when this happened there would immediately be money available to invest in new players and a new stadium.

"So the two players were asked to delay any decision on their futures for a few weeks while the takeover bid was made. And it's so far, so good with both of them."

But Huang knows it is still a race against time to seal a deal with current American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett as soon as possible.

That will give new boss Roy Hodgson plenty of time to move into the transfer market and bring in some much-needed reinforcements.

Huang knows the flip side of the coin is that if things do not get sorted out soon then Torres, in particular, may get restless at the lack of progress.

The World Cup-winning striker has already been the subject of a £40million bid from champions Chelsea and the Londoners are ready to go back with more.

Kop fans cannot see the back of Hicks and Gillett quickly enough, but there is more than a hint of scepticism aimed towards Huang.

The Chinese billionaire businessman is trying to buy the club's £237m debt from the Royal Bank of Scotland and use that to ultimately take control of Liverpool FC.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3079036/Fernando-Torres-and-Steven-Gerrards-meetings-with-Kenny-Huang-envoys.html#ixzz0vVJc6KVf

Gerrard and Torres will both stay at Liverpool regardless. I honestly think this thread is just getting a bit.. rinsed now. I don't think anyone of the 2 are leaving this summer, however if Liverpool don't win anything this season then one of them will most certainly leave next summer.

A bit like Fabregas and Arsenal.

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres says he is "committed to the club and fans" and is "looking forward to working with new Reds manager Roy Hodgson".
http://news.bbc.co.u...ool/8881776.stm

Personally i couldn't see how he would have fit into our best formation and for the amount of money that was bandied around i am happy he seems to be staying there.

I wasn't expecting him to come to Chelsea anyway.... too expensive.... too injury prone.... too much of a lady boy....

.... Torres clearly wants to steal more cars, and I'm sure Joe Cole will get all the help from him picking locks and getting pulled over by police! :eyebrows:

• 2 months later...

I want to see this happen! People say he is injury prone, but this would change with us. He wont be the only target man and orchestrator, meaning, less strain on him to perform and carry the team.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/barclays-premier-league-club-chelsea-have-liverpool-striker-fernando-torres-in-sights-for-january-transfer-window/story-e6frf4a3-1225941025404