Fernando Torres

I can see Drogba being sweet talked into staying. One of the Guardian rumours atm is that we're trying to swap Anelka+SWP for Berbatov

Not a fan of Berbatovs myself, i could think of several strikers i would rather we signed before him!!! And i would also be suprised if we actualyl DID let go of Anelka! For me next season it will be Drogba, Anelka, Di Santo + 1 Which providing we get the right quality would be perfect.

• 1 year later...

NOTW..... :rolleyes:

Carlo Ancelotti ready to launch audacious bid

Chelsea are ready to test Liverpool's resolve with a £50million bid for Fernando Torres.

Carlo Ancelotti has already targeted Torres' Spain strike partner David Villa, offering Valencia £35m. Now the Blues boss is ready to make an audacious attempt to unite Villa and Torres at club level.

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez will do all he can to block the move. But he is worried the huge sum offered by Chelsea could tempt American owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

Liverpool's true financial state will be revealed over the coming weeks and Benitez is beginning to fear the worst.

At the end of the season Benitez was hopeful of landing 27-year-old Villa. Now he not only has to face up to Chelsea signing Villa but also targeting Torres.

Villa's proposed move to Real Madrid has not gone through because Chelsea's bid is £4m higher and is preferred by debt- ridden Valencia.

Now Blues owner Roman Abramovich is prepared to take advantage of Liverpool's own money worries by making the sort of offer he hopes Gillett and Hicks will not be able to refuse.

It is understood a tentative inquiry was made by a third party in April about how much it would cost to prise Torres away from Anfield.

The message from Liverpool at the time was that there was no chance of Torres being sold. Then in May the 25-year-old striker signed an improved deal to 2013.

If necessary, Ancelotti and Abramovich will settle for just landing Villa. But if there is even an outside chance of snatching Torres away from Anfield, they will take it.

• 5 months later...

As good as Torres is, his no Drogba.

While Didier's still at the club theres no reason what so ever for us to sign Torres another out and out goalscorer and for £60m thats never going to happen.

We should of made a move for Torres years ago.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...