UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

You all are way too confident. Maybe you guys didn't pay attention to yesterday's game between City and Sporting. I suppose City is stronger than Chelsea, as Benfica is stronger than Sporting... Do your math.

And maybe check out our players, as Cardozo or Nico Gaitan are not the only good ones we have (indeed our most ex-players go out to bigger european clubs, money-wise). Also remember, we won 2 CL's and have participated in 7 european finals. History is on our side, and we'll have 65000 supporters in Lisbon claiming the win for our side.

No one should be a fool and underestimate Benfica... Perhaps Napoli taught our team to never under-estimate anyone..

But of course we will be confident, as Benfica will also be confident.

Happy with the draw. Tough tie against Benfica but it's winnable. As for the semis, well, I know who I would be rooting for.

The 2 semifinal matches(if v qualify) will sandwich the all important derby at the emirates on april 21

That is what I'm concern about IF we get past Benfica. However, Barcelona have the El Clasico in between the SFs but Milan face Bologna in that weekend.

Until then, I suppose we'll have to see what happens in the upcoming games first.

Happy with the draw. Tough tie against Benfica but it's winnable. As for the semis, well, I know who I would be rooting for.

That is what I'm concern about IF we get past Benfica. However, Barcelona have the El Clasico in between the SFs but Milan face Bologna in that weekend.

Until then, I suppose we'll have to see what happens in the upcoming games first.

Barca can field their B team in the el classico now. Not much value in it for them now. Real has the league won.

Crazy run of matches coming up

18th Mar - Leicester - FA Cup Quarter-final

21 Mar - City - Prem

24 Mar - Spurs - Prem

27 Mar - Benfica - CL QF 1st leg

31 Mar - Villa - Prem

4 Apr - Benfica - CL QF 2nd leg

Players shud b smartly rotated...the likes of romeu, cahill, lukaku can put in a good shift when needed.......

'Image wise' it would be great for the club to meet Barca in the semi-finals, win or lose. We certainly won't be favourites, or hyped up to win, and there is no shame in being knocked out by GreatestTeamEver™, so it's win win.

This has El Boringastico in final written all over it...

Hoping we can reach semi finals. It will be a tough game, but I know we can do it.

They are the two greatest teams in the world and, arguably, two of the strongest sides that both clubs have had in their respective histories. It would be a more than worthy final if it were to take place.

You lot are making Barcelona and Real Madrid into two unstoppable teams which their not. The Barcelona team this season is not the greatest team of all time, Last year it was, If their so unstoppable how are they 10 points behind Real Madrid in the La Liga? Their suspect at the back. I think Milan can actually beat them, Ibra will have a point to drove, along with Pato, Up against Barca's suspect back four.

Real Madrid are a great side, With Ronaldo in the form of his life. Ronaldo is key to that team,

But how many times has Ronaldo failed to deliever on the big occasion? I've lost count at this stage. Bayern Munich can definatly take them.

I wouldnt write Milan off just yet..Or Benfica for that matter. Lets get the quarters out of the way first before worrying about Barca (fc Uefa)

always just concentrate on the next game ,,

first lets deal with Leicester before thinking about City