UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Games against this Atletico team takes too much of a toll on the opposition (both physical and mental), so I dont see the players being fit for 3 important matches in 6 days...

That was the main reason I didnt want ATM!

So would you rather chase the ball for 90 minutes against Bayern, play the best attack in the league, and go chase the ball against Bayern again? :D

So would you rather chase the ball for 90 minutes against Bayern, play the best attack in the league, and go chase the ball against Bayern again? :D

I actually would. That Pep style fits Chelsea way more than the intensity and physicality of Atletico...

I wonder what this Atletico team are like when other teams sit back and don't want to monopolise possesion. Seen them destroy Barcelona but we are a very different team... should be interesting.

Does anyone know if Costa will be fit? I saw he was injured for the Barca game.

WEEE CANN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REVENGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Mixed feelings about this draw. Especially with all the drama surrounding Courtois. Legally UEFA's statement shouldn't matter much, Chelsea can take it into civil courts who will allow the clause, no doubt. Contract is a contract. Nothing to do with UEFA. Happy to avoid Bayern and Madrid because they do have players who can change the game in a second out of nothing but the prospect of facing physical and very motivated Atletico isn't much better. However this spans out, I'm confident we'll make it into the final, no doubt in my mind.

This tie will be so important for us NOT to fall behind by more then 1 goal! This is the one team you don't want to be behind against! If we can score first then they will have to come out and attack us which leaves us space to counter attack in! They will be forced to play at style that doesn't suit them! I feel the first goal will be important for us!

Hope some players will remember the 4-1 defeat in Monaco and will want to take care of it by winning this tie. I am also curious to see how the Courtois situation will look and end.

Oh, and there is another homecoming - Torres against his former club. Hopefully, though, he will be waving to the ATM fans from the bench only.