UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

It's not just money. Sportsmen want to play at the top level every week (well most of them do). Very, very few top players have winning the French league on their bucket list.

But the Ligue 1 will rise up in 'priority' if the clubs there get richer and can invest more in.

I just can't wait for this match to take place. And I don't have any idea of who will win! If Matic could play I think you would have the upper hand, but as he can't i think it's pretty tied.

IMO the key player in this game is gonna be Hazard. No one knows if VdW will be able to play, if he can't and if Jallet plays, Hazard will destroy our defense in no time. Maybe Blanc will prefer to have marquinhos play instead, it would be wise.

Maybe I am, that's just how I feel. He's a terrible decision maker, his vision is limited, he isn't a bright cookie and he's way too selfish. If I believed he could work around those things I'd probably believe he would develop into a top player. I don't. That's why I don't complain about Hazard and Cris also being flashy. Because although Cris is selfish, he's smart, has great vision, amazing finishing (Lucas is not bad or good) and Hazard is about the same (except his flaw is being way too selfless, but that's easier to remedy imo). So the only thing left is how much talent to dribble he has. That's why from time to time we see him doing a Messi-play and it's awesome... but on a everyday basis he dribbles, loses the ball, gives a bad pass (he plays way too often looking down to the pitch and his feet - a capital mistake imo which Oscar is also infected with) or well, does nothing and pass the ball sidewards or backwards... That's why his flashiness does nothing to me. It seems infertile and pointless, counter-productive. I know he isn't a party guy (never thought that was the problem with Denilson, but maybe you have a point) and that he is a hard worker, I just think he's well... how can I put it nicely... hmmm I can't... he's stupid - football wise. If he had the football brains to combine with his talent, he'd be another Ronaldinho in the making imo. Maybe he'll grow smarter, improve his vision, stop being selfish and start making better decisions. I don't believe though. I'd be happy to be proved otherwise (the kid IS hardworking and I value those kind of individuals a lot).

I was praying and hoping he signed for United. Lucas in that United team would make me laugh even harder... though again maybe they wouldn't have signed Mata... who knows.

That is actually a good description of his problems/mistakes and, although you have a very pessimistic view, I tend to agree with you!

The difference is I believe he will work around them and improve to become a top quality player. I think he is a very focused individual (unlike Denilson or Robinho) and that will go in his favour.

To be honest, I see a lot of young Robben in him. Lucas, like Arjen, is somewhat selfish and keeps making bad decisions. But they both have loads of talent and work extremely hard, thus creating more upsides than downsides. With a strong and organized team on their side, both can thrive. For instance, look at Robben in Real Madrid that you will see Lucas' same mistakes written all over it; but look at Robben in Bayern and you will see what Moura CAN become...

Dont lose faith in him, Barbara. He may not be World Class, but he definitely not a flop yet!

He was 22 when he left united after making 12 appearances in 4 seasons. Pique is an excellent footballer, just a shit defender.

To get back on topic, I think Lucas is a good player. Lots of pace and dribbling ability, but he's not world class. He's not up to the level of players like Hazard, Reus, Robben, Ribery..etc let alone Messi and Ronaldo.

for me Cristiano Ronaldo is overrated, he is not decisive in big games, a lot of goal aganist poor teams and only some tap-ins against Barca, Borussia,Atletico, and Bayern.

he is not a great dribbler, most of the time he is a tap-in striker with some great goals and nothing more.

Madrid would be better without him.

this is a great topic about the overrated Cr7

http://www.goallegacy.net/t14032p180-cristiano-ronaldo-the-most-overrated-player-of-all-time

Messi is from another universe, the best player ever, in the past 15 years I saw only one player destroy the defenses like Messi, Ronaldo Phenomenon (1996-99), but he had the knees of crystal.

For me Hazard(a pure winger) is more decisive player than Cr7(most of the time he is a poacher striker), i don't remeber a perfomance of Cr7, like Hazard vs Bayern.

Hazard could bring Messi, but it will never be as good as Messi.

Lucas also has great potential more than Neymar for me, but its decision making process sucks.

I knew you would. Lucas is Denilson 2.0 until he proves me otherwise. Dribbles like Denilson produced means nothing to me... I don't see Lucas becoming much better if any better.

All that flashy makes nothing for me

Denilson can't dribbler nothing, he was a clown.

I've never seen him dribble 2-3-4 players, he was not a dribbler but only a clown, with useless tricks. Greatest clown in football history.

Lucas is a effective dribbler but tactically he is stupid.

Lucas is better than willan, more goals, a lot more assist, more dribbling, more aggresive in defense.

Is not a opinion, is a fact, statistics show that.

Denilson can't dribbler nothing, he was a clown.

I've never seen dribble 2-3-4 players, he was not a dribbler but only a clown. greatest clown ever in football.

Lucas is a effective dribbler but tactically he is stupid.

Lucas is better the willan, more goals, a lot more assist, more dribbling, more aggresive in defense.

Is not a opinion, is a fact, statistics show that.

No and no!

Denilson was one of the best dribblers I've ever seen. Of the Brazilians, I would only put Garrincha (aka. God) in front of him! The problem is that he wasnt effective at all. As Barbara said, he would dribble for the sake of dribbling and never ever did anything useful with it.

Now, sorry, but to say Lucas is better than Willian is pure blasphemy. He may have the potential to be better, but right now Willian is miles ahead of Moura. There is a reason why TWO world champions coaches are picking Willian over Lucas!!!

No and no!

Denilson was one of the best dribblers I've ever seen. Of the Brazilians, I would only put Garrincha (aka. God) in front of him! The problem is that he wasnt effective at all. As Barbara said, he would dribble for the sake of dribbling and never ever did anything useful with it.

Now, sorry, but to say Lucas is better than Willian is pure blasphemy. He may have the potential to be better, but right now Willian is miles ahead of Moura. There is a reason why TWO world champions coaches are picking Willian over Lucas!!!

denislon can't dribbler nothing, he use only useless and ineffective trick.

Dribbling is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvbbzVCyoik or

dribbling means overcoming the players not unnecessary tricks. Denilson can't overcoming nothing, he was a clown.

Denilson is not even in top 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 best dribbler ever, simple he was not a dribbler.

There is a reason why TWO world champions coaches are picking Willian over Lucas!!!

Scolari won only one world cup only thanks to Ronaldo and Rivaldo, he is an average coach and nothing more, he was total failure in any top club.

a Coach that loses a European against Greece, does not deserve much consideration for me.

Lucas is better than Willan, is a fact.

Scolari won only one world cup only thanks two Ronaldo and Rivaldo, he is an average coach and nothing more, he was total failure in any top club.

a Coach that loses a European against Greece, does not deserve much consideration for me.

Lucas is better than Willan, is a fact.

Lucas isn't even better than Marko Marin... And Willian is way better than Marko Marin so it's a safe bet that Willian is better than Lucas.

You sound like Benitez with the "facts" lol

Lucas isn't even better than Marko Marin... And Willian is way better than Marko Marin so it's a safe bet that Willian is better than Lucas.

You sound like Benitez with the "facts" lol

the facts are others

Lucas goals 3 assists 10 total successful dribbles 87 turnovers 52

Willan goals 2 assist 3 total successful dribbles 44 turnovers 38

for me Cristiano Ronaldo is overrated, he is not decisive in big games, a lot of goal aganist poor teams and only some tap-ins against Barca, Borussia,Atletico, and Bayern.

he is not a great dribbler, most of the time he is a tap-in striker with some great goals and nothing more.

Madrid would be better without him.

this is a great topic about the overrated Cr7

http://www.goallegacy.net/t14032p180-cristiano-ronaldo-the-most-overrated-player-of-all-time

Messi is from another universe, the best player ever, in the past 15 years I saw only one player destroy the defenses like Messi, Ronaldo Phenomenon (1996-99), but he had the knees of crystal.

For me Hazard(a pure winger) is more decisive player than Cr7(most of the time he is a poacher striker), i don't remeber a perfomance of Cr7, like Hazard vs Bayern.

Hazard could bring Messi, but it will never be as good as Messi.

Lucas also has great potential more than Neymar for me, but its decision making process sucks.

Ronaldo overrated? Hmmm. You're done, you can't speak about football anymore.