UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Quietly confident about this one to be honest. JT and Cahill have been rock solid all season and I don't think that will change. Zlatan is capable of nearly anything but he does lack pace which suits JT. We will have to be wary of Cavani on the right, but I have full faith in Azpilicueta, Its a clash I can't wait to see actually. I'd imagine Cesar is relishing it too, I'd imagine he's that sort of player.

They'll probably dominate the middle in Paris. I don't follow all their games but I'd expect to see something like Cabaye, Verrati/Pastore and Motta in the middle? Lavezzi, Ibra and Cavani is a top class front three, but our defence is world class aswell. We have nothing to fear here, Jose will go out with a plan and hopefully rob an away goal in Paris. If we can get a score draw, I'd fancy us to hold out. If we do lose over there, it wouldn't be the end of the tie as long as we score.

Predicting us to go through, 2-1 loss in Paris and 1-0 win in London.

dont think Pastore Will play, Will probably be Motta Matuidi and Veratti/Cabaye

Quietly confident about this one to be honest. JT and Cahill have been rock solid all season and I don't think that will change. Zlatan is capable of nearly anything but he does lack pace which suits JT. We will have to be wary of Cavani on the right, but I have full faith in Azpilicueta, Its a clash I can't wait to see actually. I'd imagine Cesar is relishing it too, I'd imagine he's that sort of player.

They'll probably dominate the middle in Paris. I don't follow all their games but I'd expect to see something like Cabaye, Verrati/Pastore and Motta in the middle? Lavezzi, Ibra and Cavani is a top class front three, but our defence is world class aswell. We have nothing to fear here, Jose will go out with a plan and hopefully rob an away goal in Paris. If we can get a score draw, I'd fancy us to hold out. If we do lose over there, it wouldn't be the end of the tie as long as we score.

Predicting us to go through, 2-1 loss in Paris and 1-0 win in London.

Their midfield would be something like :

----- Motta ----

Matuidi - Cabaye

Matuidi is similar to our ramires, great engine but no skill (smarter though)

Cabaye is similar to our old Lampard btw

They aren't better than us on this part

THIS.

In Sweden they show almost every game cuz of Ibra and its comedy gold watching Thiago Silva babysitting the PSG defence.

their midfield is good though. Matuidi Verratti Motta. Better than Chelsea's without Matic so need to be careful there

Ok-ish draw, I'd say. We could do worse, and they look realistically beatable. Sure with our finishing it's hard to be confident but we'll have chances to score and we have solid defence.

d only better department they have mur dan us is their central midfield position due to matic absence and striking position but our defensive line up is rock solid so we can curtail them though will be difficult...our attacking players are also great which any top team in the world would dream to have...d trio of hazard oscar n willian...just need oscar n willian 2be on top of their game...ktbffh!!!

why? without matic we have looked weak in midfield (first half of the season)

Their midfield is strong because they are 3 in a 4-3-3 formation but if you look at it twice, we can match them.

------ Motta ------ (Luiz / Mikel)

Matuidi - Cabaye (ramires - Lampard) it's as good for me. I don't think that Verratti is matured enough to play a big part in this tie.

Zlatan + cavani + lavezzi vs our back four.

Verrati, cabaye, and matudi vs ramires, lampard and mikel.

If we beat psg, I would consider it a huge upset. Chelsea bias aside, I would bet aggregate either 4-1 or 3-0.