UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Chelsea FC (ENG)
Last QF: 2011/12 (won 3-1 v SL Benfica)
QF record: W6 L2
This season: W6 D0 L2 F15 A4
Top scorer: Samuel Eto'o, Fernando Torres (3)

European head-to-heads
v Real Madrid W2 D1 L0 F4 A2
v Barcelona W4 D5 L3 F18 A18
v Dortmund N/A
v Paris W1 D1 L0 F3 A0
v Atlético W1 D1 L1 F7 A6
v Bayern W1 D1 L1 F7 A6
v United W0 D1 L2 F2 A4

It is crazy how all 8 teams are insanely strong on paper though... every single team got top 10 players in their position in the world in their team.

Real Madrid: obvious

Bayern: obvious

Barca: obvious

us: obvious

PSG: obvious

MU: RVP, Rooney are still world class

Atletico: Costa, Felipe, Courtois

Dortmund: Hummels, Lewandowski, Gundogan

Remember just a few years ago when we had the likes of Lyon, Bordeaux, Inter, Fiorentina and others making noise around Europe. Remember when Bayern barely scraped past Fiorentina thanks a Robben wonder goal, when Lyon some how made it to semi final of fricking CL and beating Madrid comfortably with the 2nd leg at Bernabeu. When Bayern was terrible and got fucked over by Barca 4-0. When Bordeaux with Chamakh, Gourcuff went to QF, Villarreal was actually quite good and QF, shit those were the days...

Now look like PSG are on the up and MU/Dortmund is on the decline again. The only team that have been consistently good in CL are Barca for the last 10 years, the rest had their up and down moments. Fuck me remember when Roma was stronger than Madrid and beat them in both legs. Unthinkable stuff now isn't it. And the thing is it isn't even ancient history but only like 4-5 years ago. Fucking hell even Arsenal would be used to getting to semi finals then.

Quarter-finals then... It's all about money from now on, TV rights etc. etc. and Platini trying to get Paris into the Final. I stand by what I said - I don't think UEFA will go for a Chelsea/Mourinho - Madrid or Mourinho - Guardiola yet.

United/Borussia/Atleti would be a good draw, but my prediction is:

United - Paris

Madrid - Dortmund

Bayer de Munich - Atleti

Chelsea - Barcelona

i do not want Real Madrid or barca...bayern are not as scary as they were last season..we can beat them..for me i would like us to face in this order
atletico
psg
man utd
bvb
bayern
barca
real

Made a mock-up draw of the quarter final ties and this is what I got...

Bayern Munich v Barcelona

Real Madrid v Chelsea

Manchester United v Paris St. Germain

Atletico Madrid v Borussia Dortmund