UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Arsenal and City are more than capable of beating PSG and Atletico. City would have a chance against Barcelona, you'd feel, but Bayern and Real are far beyond Arsenal's comprehension. The funny thing is that PSG represents the easiest possible tie for both clubs :lol:

why RM? i feel they have the weakest defence among all the 8 seeded teams. as much as i have seen RM, they dont have a play and just realy on the wingers getting maximum purchase against the full-backs. i really doubt that RM is as strong as people make them out to be. in all honesty, ATM are a much better team than them.

Its going to be some quarter finals after this round. I know chelsea are capable of pulling a result against any team but we currently look like one of the weakest of the seeded teams and yet we've beaten arsenal and Mancity already this season despite our current form doesn't sound good for arsenal and mancity any how you look at it. Chelsea will be in the quarter finals I think where things will really get tough.

Its going to be some quarter finals after this round. I know chelsea are capable of pulling a result against any team but we currently look like one of the weakest of the seeded teams and yet we've beaten arsenal and Mancity already this season despite our current form doesn't sound good for arsenal and mancity any how you look at it. Chelsea will be in the quarter finals I think where things will really get tough.

and we played go get the win against the strongest sides we've faced this season (Bayern and City) we delivered. Of our recent matches, the one against Southampton was definitely the hardest, and it was one of which we played the best. The team seems to find some extra motivation when playing those strongest sides - and I wish they had said motivation to play everyone - or they've been performing well when they're under pressure (matches following defeats or bad presentations).

I do agree we look weak compared to some seeded teams, but the way we perform against the strongest convinces me that we have a shot. That's the thing about knock-out stage, it's somewhat predictable, but at the end of the day anything can happen. City was humiliated at home by Bayern and then they went into the Allianz Arena and beat them. Ajax couldn't beat a 10-man Milan, but they beat Barcelona.

So I won't write us off so quickly because of that... the same way I'm not writing Arsenal and ManCity off from potential crosses with the top 3 teams (although City can't play Bayern). I still think they aren't favorite to beat them (maybe not even Atletico Madrid or PSG either) the same way we aren't, but all of which can happen. That's the beauty of football and my point aforementioned is a real one. We raise our level according to the level of the side we're playing against. That's what we showed this season imo.

For me, it´s Atletico. They are playing some fine football, I recommend to watch them, soon. This team is not missing Falcao at all.

A superb goalkeeping, the team is scoring goals, just my dark horse of the CL.

As for Chelsea, see below.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelseas-ashley-cole-nike-video-2918311

I'm confused. How's the chances of us getting any of the other teams any lower? Surely we have a 1 in 5 chance of any?

If u consider who other teams can vs e.g Leverkusen cannot vs. United, Beyern and BVB leaving Chelsea 4/8... if u work it out for all teams it leaves leverkusen as slightly more possible