test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Champions League thread

Started by Jason,

4,222 posts in this topic

We didn't "fail with dignity". We failed because we were shit throughout. Struggled away in Denmark, outclassed by Shaktar and horsed by Juve. Where is the dignity in that????

We beat a pub team last night, nothing more. Dignity, my arse.

Because we all have access to multimedia nowadays doesnt mean that everybody bothers to look back on the history of our club, the fabric of our club, The amount of kids running about Glasgow nowadays with Chelsea tops on is unreal. Could probably count on one hand the ones who actually care about what our club is, what it stands for..

We were grossly outplayed. Dignity is another thing, I said we had dignity, not quality. The majority of our players and RDM did what they could, they showed commitment.

It is said that you think you are above young fans and that they dont care about CFC. You probably just know some shit fans...

After what happened a few months ago, i want to beat Atletico Madrid in the final so much, that would satisfy me a lot. I really hope we try n win this, would be another trophy on the cv. They all matter.

Kez, Changingman_2000 and Peace. like this

We were grossly outplayed. Dignity is another thing, I said we had dignity, not quality. The majority of our players and RDM did what they could.

It is said that you think you are above young fans and that they dont care about CFC. You probably just know some shit fans...

I didnt say I was above anyone, at any time.

This club, at present has absolutely fuck all dignity.

Do you know some shit fans?

Do you know some shit fans?

Of course, there are always shit fans. I can also recognise there are excellent fans though...

You placed older fans who passed through hard times above young fans. I extremely disagree with it!

I know we have a lot of fans who only cheer for Chelsea when we are winning, those arent fans. They just follow the trend, tomorrow they will follow another club.

Of course, there are always shit fans. I can also recognise there are excellent fans though...

You placed older fans who passed through hard times above young fans. I extremely disagree with it!

I know we have a lot of fans who only cheer for Chelsea when we are winning, those arent fans. They just follow the trend, tomorrow they will follow another club.

I didnt place older fans above other fans, I voiced an opinion. You can take that as you please

This club, at present has absolutely fuck all dignity.

Don't agree with that in the slightest.

Can safely say that we aren't going to win the league. A top four finish plus Europa league title is possible by playing the first team.

I'm all for giving the younger lads a run, but if we want to be contenders for this trophy fringe players aren't gonna be enough, unless we are just gonna treat this comp as an excuse to use them rather than winning another trophy. Its one or the other, there are some good teams in the competition.

I agree that we aren't going to win the league, but we have to prioritise a top four finish and I don't think we can jeopardise that with a run at a trophy that really has very little in the way of prestige left about it anymore. It's a trophy that really only interests the 'second tier' clubs, and I mean that respectfully.

Look at the British teams who go far in it - in the last decade Fulham, Middlesbrough and the two Glasgow teams have reached finals. Would it be nice to win it? Sure. But let's focus on what's really important this season.

The priorities are simple. Win the Club World Cup, Win the Europa League, finish in the top 4. If this happens, i finish the season as a very happy man.

Have just added 8 more teams into the 2 pots - 4 in each - after 6 of the Europa League groups just concluded. The other 6 groups have kicked off and 6 more teams will join in.

Atletico Madrid are now one of our potential opponents in the Last 32!

Rmpr and Sheva. like this

We didn't "fail with dignity". We failed because we were shit throughout. Struggled away in Denmark, outclassed by Shaktar and horsed by Juve. Where is the dignity in that????

Despite all of that, we had 10 points which is normally enough to go through, superior GD to Shakhtar and only went out due to away goals.

All this with a striker that doesn't shoot, leaky defence and unbalanced midfield.

Kez likes this

The priorities are simple. Win the Club World Cup, Win the Europa League, finish in the top 4. If this happens, i finish the season as a very happy man.

This priority list is getting smaller and smaller lol. FA Cup would be nice to add aswell. But your list seems plausible.

Rmpr likes this

Think whether we will take this competition seriously or not will depend on where are we in the league, FA Cup, League come February and what we do in January. Nonetheless, our main priority this season has to be finishing in the Top 3. Nothing less!

Obviously the troll face appeared in that post was just for decoration...

Didn't notice it lol, Just always see people calling him to be sacked etc. Its alright us wanting him out, But who'll actually come in and replace him?

Tottennham fans signing "Champions of Europe, Not anymore" - Embarrassing, Singing about us when were not even playing them. We put them in the Europa League, Now just imagine being able to knock them out of this lol.

Sh0n3x, Kez and BlueLion. like this

Despite all of that, we had 10 points which is normally enough to go through, superior GD to Shakhtar and only went out due to away goals.

All this with a striker that doesn't shoot, leaky defence and unbalanced midfield.

Six of those points came against a pub team. Out of a possible twelve from Shaktar and Juve, we only got four points, and were fucking lucky to beat Shaktar at home.

Six of those points came against a pub team. Out of a possible twelve from Shaktar and Juve, we only got four points, and were fucking lucky to beat Shaktar at home.

Juve only picked up 4 points against this said pub team, you still have to beat them to stand a chance of going through.

What killed us really was the goal we conceded at the end to Juve at SB, those 2 points dropped would have seen us into the next round - without needing to win an away game for the second straight season.

Rmpr and Bosnian Blue like this

Tottennham fans signing "Champions of Europe, Not anymore" - Embarrassing, Singing about us when were not even playing them. We put them in the Europa League, Now just imagine being able to knock them out of this lol.

Well that's brilliant! xD Us kicking them out of Europe again would be priceless. Even worth more then going through the group stage :D

It would scar the twats for life :D

I know most fans do, but my question is why?

Because when i started supporting Chelsea, this was the only trophy we use to win. I guess it just reminds me of the good ole days.

CHOULO19 likes this