test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Champions League thread

Started by Jason,

4,457 posts in this topic

When you are building your team, for a couple of years, around one coach in a stable environment you can play your best football against any opponent.

I’m actually envy Tottenham. How in the world they managed to be such a stable and actually successful, a CL club currently playing in front of 90 000 home fans at Wembley, teaching football Juventus who was 2 times a CL finalists in last 3 years. 

Every player is signed for the right position and tactically perfect for the coach and football they are playing for years.

Even if they lose they will be a success. I don’t know if people realize how big they become and they are constantly growing unlike Chelsea FC who looks like a club from pre Abramovich era.

Tottenham is and soon enough will be such a good football story.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

 

I’m actually envy Tottenham. How in the world they managed to be such a stable and actually successful, a CL club currently playing in front of 90 000 home fans at Wembley, teaching football Juventus who was 2 times a CL finalists in last 3 years. 

 

 

Tottenham is and soon enough will be such a good football story.

 

I think you have to take that back, Juve is leading. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

When you are building your team, for a couple of years, around one coach in a stable environment you can play your best football against any opponent.

I’m actually envy Tottenham. How in the world they managed to be such a stable and actually successful, a CL club currently playing in front of 90 000 home fans at Wembley, teaching football Juventus who was 2 times a CL finalists in last 3 years. 

Every player is signed for the right position and tactically perfect for the coach and football they are playing for years.

Even if they lose they will be a success. I don’t know if people realize how big they become and they are constantly growing unlike Chelsea FC who looks like a club from pre Abramovich era.

Tottenham is and soon enough will be such a good football story.

 

even without trophy?....u can envy their style of football but without silverware...they are nothing...soon they will loose some of their quality players... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

When you are building your team, for a couple of years, around one coach in a stable environment you can play your best football against any opponent.

I’m actually envy Tottenham. How in the world they managed to be such a stable and actually successful, a CL club currently playing in front of 90 000 home fans at Wembley, teaching football Juventus who was 2 times a CL finalists in last 3 years. 

Every player is signed for the right position and tactically perfect for the coach and football they are playing for years.

Even if they lose they will be a success. I don’t know if people realize how big they become and they are constantly growing unlike Chelsea FC who looks like a club from pre Abramovich era.

Tottenham is and soon enough will be such a good football story.

 

Are you hungry mate because I think you should eat your words. Tottenham are fuck all and their fans are dyed in the wool fucking mugs. I posted in another topic how one of their fans rang up a phone in saying they were going to win the Champions League laugh I nearly bought my own beer.

Fulham Broadway likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the problem with having no experience in the team, they will hopefully fall away in the premier league as well, because this loss would stick on their minds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Juve clinch the whole thing. They showed quite some some spirit, their old guard deserves it. Fuck Real, Bayern and Barca and hopefully City characteristically choke.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, manpe said:

I hope Juve clinch the whole thing. They showed quite some some spirit, their old guard deserves it. Fuck Real, Bayern and Barca and hopefully City characteristically choke.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
 

Exactly my thoughts too. I have always had a soft spot for Juve. Watching Del Piero and Nedved growing up. I was always Del Piero in the school playground. If we go out, which is highly possible then I too will root for the Italians to win it. 

P.S. Alegri made some brilliant subs to turn that game around.

manpe likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pundits lauded Spurs last before kick off saying they were a big club and that they are building special things, straight after the game they all felt sorry for them and talked about how they are a little bamby who will only get better.

Like PSG the night previous, a harsh learning curve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Are you hungry mate because I think you should eat your words. Tottenham are fuck all and their fans are dyed in the wool fucking mugs. I posted in another topic how one of their fans rang up a phone in saying they were going to win the Champions League laugh I nearly bought my own beer.

Oh dear... I think you should read again because I have never said they will win the CL.

I was thinking about the bigger picture, something similar to Atletico Madrid story. Once solid but mostly average Spanish football team (at the time) who managed in the last 8-9 years to skip that level from EL at best to the very top CL football club, now is playing on regular basis at highest level in one of the most beautiful stadiums in the world.

They (Tottenham) are not building a brand new + 60 000 seats stadium for playing in EL or watching other teams winning domestic titles.

All I'm saying is they (Tottenham) are growing fast in one healthy environment with so much potential. It's simple as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zekinjo said:

Oh dear... I think you should read again because I have never said they will win the CL.

I was thinking about the bigger picture, something similar to Atletico Madrid story. Once solid but mostly average Spanish football team (at the time) who managed in the last 8-9 years to skip that level from EL at best to the very top CL football club, now is playing on regular basis at highest level in one of the most beautiful stadiums in the world.

They (Tottenham) are not building a brand new + 60 000 seats stadium for playing in EL or watching other teams winning domestic titles.

All I'm saying is they (Tottenham) are growing fast in one healthy environment with so much potential. It's simple as that.

Yes, Spurs have the potential but how long more can people play that up? For years, people have been talking about Spurs having the potential, building something good, being one of the best English sides but what do they have to show for all that? Nothing. No Premier League title. No Champions League title. Not even the FA Cup or League Cup. Just some good results in Europe and putting the pressure on in the league. There's really no point if you have the quality but don't back it up with trophy(ies), even with one of the domestic cups. This Spurs team is on borrowed time. If they don't win something real soon, it won't take long for their big players to leave (Walker chose to leave them last summer and has already won 2 trophies. might even end up with 3!) and hell, Pochettino might even be tempted to leave if one of the bigger clubs come calling.

kmk108 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2018 at 9:48 AM, zekinjo said:

Oh dear... I think you should read again because I have never said they will win the CL.

 

I never said you did I said someone rang up a phone in saying that Spurs would win the Champions League. Your vastly overestimating Spurs a couple of good seasons and a new ground does not make them a potential dominant force in European or even English football. Just look at Newcastle a couple of good seasons in the mid 90's get 52,000 every week yet they are perennial strugglers.

bigbluewillie likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2018 at 0:53 AM, manpe said:

I hope Juve clinch the whole thing. They showed quite some some spirit, their old guard deserves it. Fuck Real, Bayern and Barca and hopefully City characteristically choke.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
 

Too soon.

 

We are still in it.

kmk108 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2018 at 9:06 PM, zekinjo said:

When you are building your team, for a couple of years, around one coach in a stable environment you can play your best football against any opponent.

I’m actually envy Tottenham. How in the world they managed to be such a stable and actually successful, a CL club currently playing in front of 90 000 home fans at Wembley, teaching football Juventus who was 2 times a CL finalists in last 3 years. 

Every player is signed for the right position and tactically perfect for the coach and football they are playing for years.

Even if they lose they will be a success. I don’t know if people realize how big they become and they are constantly growing unlike Chelsea FC who looks like a club from pre Abramovich era.

Tottenham is and soon enough will be such a good football story.

 

Pray tell me where Spuds have been successful? they've won fuck all.

Yes they play lovely football, but that's about it. Oh and they were 3-2 up against Juve and fucked it up:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.