test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Champions League thread

Started by Jason,

4,212 posts in this topic

Of course it is not Champions League but I am somewhat excited about this competition. Bigger chances of winning it and therefore playing another Supercup game. Which is by the way held in Prague next year!

Muzchap likes this

The sooner we get knocked out the better. Stupid competition for the likes of spurs, everton, man city and liverpool. Not us.. Hopefully we re-call our loaned out players and throw them in there.

The sooner we get knocked out the better. Stupid competition for the likes of spurs, everton, man city and liverpool. Not us.. Hopefully we re-call our loaned out players and throw them in there.

I'm not a massive fan of this competition but I don't know quite why people are clamouring for us to recall players who are getting invaluable experience of league football just to play in what could be a couple of matches. Sure, let's show our contempt for a trophy by messing up the development of youngsters....that'll show them :rant:

Let's try not to do what we did against Man United in the League Cup, but go for a respectable showing with the likes of Piazon, Marin, Romeu, Bertrand and maybe even some of the Akes and Feruz's of our squad.

The way UEFA has treated us, we should show them a big "FUCK YOU"! Field inexperienced players, Jack the prices of tickets up to keep people away etc. This competition is a farce! You know it and so do i. Both United and City made sure they played minimal amount of games last season. Besides, the games aren't even televised here anyway, so i couldn't care less.

Although, With Torres finally scoring today, we can almost guarantee he won't be sold come January. So i guess we should probably get use to playing in this comp anyway.

I personally dont like this competition. It does not bring money, publicity, technical challenge and it does bring fatigue, unpreparedness, distraction, prank, shame (if you dont win it). For me it is more of a punishment then a consolation prize.

Have said that, it is not like I dont want us to win it. It would be awesome to travel to Amsterdan Arena, I just think it should be placed as our least important objective and we must not risk losing any point by focusing in Europa League.

Does it always need to be about money???? fuck the money. I want us to win this trophy. All this Thursday - Sunday malarky winds me up as well. Wednesday to Saturday is fine, but Sunday to Thursday isnt?

Why does it bring shame?? You want to wake up and smell the coffee that your people are reknowned for.

Fulham Broadway and Peace. like this

Does it always need to be about money???? fuck the money.

The money is important unfortunately. Fortunately the bump in the PL revenue is significant but we can't ignore what is a reality of the modern game especially with FFP.

Rmpr likes this

This thread is awfully depressing..

Nonetheless, we should not under estimate EL and try to win it. This and the CWC are the only ones we haven't one yet.

Heisenberg likes this

This thread is awfully depressing..

Nonetheless, we should not under estimate EL and try to win it. This and the CWC are the only ones we haven't one yet.

To win the Europa Cup a year after winning the the Champions League is like winning the Coca Cola Cup after winning the Premier League. IF we won the Europa Cup in 2003 i would have been chuffed! But now, It's fucking depressing..

Rmpr likes this

To win the Europa Cup a year after winning the the Champions League is like winning the Coca Cola Cup after winning the Premier League. IF we won the Europa Cup in 2003 i would have been chuffed! But now, It's fucking depressing..

Look at some of the teams that are in it: Inter, Ajax, Napoli, Athletico..etc We will be lucky to win it and will have to give it our all in order to do so. If you are saying that we should not try to win it because it is not a tough competition, should drop out of the FA cup as well? Because EL is at least 10 times tougher to win.

We know What We Are

But We Aint Anymore

Champions Of Europe

...On ITV 4

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE ....until next May ,,,,,then the gooners take over :clown::yay:

i want us to try and win it i mean why the hell not?? we are in it why go out there to lose?? makes no sense we got ourself's into this we should now try and win ourself's out of it

Because trying to win it means that you have to play key players in it which means that they will have to sit out some Premier League games to rest. To me, the Europa League is as if there were a second Olympic Games where people who failed to qualify from the first games and people who failed to make the cut in early competition faced off. The games will still be fun and winning is better than not, but it's a ridiculous tournament. even if you win, it means you are the best team in Europe except for the best teams.,,The Premier League is the highest priority. We absolutely need to finish top-4 and that's still a very attainable goal. The ramifications f we fail to make the CL are massive.

Rmpr likes this

Not feeling too bad about this comp now, looking at the quality teams are in it. In the early rounds we can maybe rest some key players depending on the fixtures we have, but if we get to the last 8 or face tough opposition i would like us to try and win it now we are in it... Top 4 is of course top priority but it doesn't mean we cant have a good run in the Europa League.

Kieran. likes this