test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Champions League thread

Started by Jason,

4,430 posts in this topic

At what point can we draw Spurs?

AVB is taking this comp really seriously, it would be fucking great to knock them out of it seen as we were the team to put them in it in the first place!

We can draw Spurs from round of 16 onwards..

Superblue_1986 likes this

Some good teams in that unseeded pot.

Napoli are the ones that stand out for me and they'll certainly be gunning for us after last season.

Inter are in the middle of a much greater transitional period than we are experiencing and Ajax are decent at best, certainly made to look better then they are by City this season. The rest are all perfectly beatable.

If we take it fairly seriously then we have a real good chance of winning it IMO.

Sheva. likes this

Anyone outside Ukr/Russia/Turkey...

I would like to play vs Ajax actualy, they are good team. I hope we go as far possible, but please play with reserve players (Marin, Moses?, Danny, Azpi, Bertrand, Piazon, Feruz maybe, Romeu,...)

I personally dont like this competition. It does not bring money, publicity, technical challenge and it does bring fatigue, unpreparedness, distraction, prank, shame (if you dont win it). For me it is more of a punishment then a consolation prize.

Have said that, it is not like I dont want us to win it. It would be awesome to travel to Amsterdan Arena, I just think it should be placed as our least important objective and we must not risk losing any point by focusing in Europa League.

Kostas likes this

Made a slight error in explaining how the teams will go into the 'Seeded' and 'Unseeded' pots. Have amended it.

Where's Atletico?

They're through but just not confirmed where they'll finish in their group yet.

Some good sides there; Napoli, Ajax and Inter being the stand out ones for me. Hopefully we can avoid them three.

Why? We get West Brom in the FA Cup 4th round and then face Napoli/Inter in EL. Lose both and Benitez gets the sack. :Goober:

What time is the draw on the 20th?

Not entirely sure but think it's either 11.30am or 12pm UK time on the 20th.