Chelsea Vs Middlesbrough

BlueLion.

Chelsea FC vs Middlesbrough
685.png
Five points behind. Seven games to go. Is the title still a possibility?

Following their thrilling win over Arsenal in Grand Slam Sunday, Chelsea leapt over their London rivals to move up to second position. And with Manchester United just five ahead and the Premier League champions-elections still to travel to Stamford Bridge, Avram Grant's side still have a good chance of reclaiming their Premier League crown.

Yet first on their list is to face a lifed Middlesbrough side who have already denied both Aston Villa and Arsenal home points in recent times. They also eased their relegation fears with a 1-0 victory over Derby on Saturday, but with a poor record at Stamford Bridge, Gareth Southgate's side will be hard-pressed by a team still chasing honours domestically and in Europe.

Keep the Blue Flag flying high!

Match chat here!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isnt this sposed to be like where we actually talk about the game and what we think might happen etc?

well.......I think after the goon win our confidence will be so high, i believe we'll win this game fairly comfertably to be honest. The win on Sunday could prove to be a major win in the season. Pretty much every game now is must win. As soon as us or man utd fuck up, they could be fucked. I predict a comfy 2-0 win

in spite of my self imposed ban :rolleyes:

someone's offered me 2 free tickets for the game i just can't pass up the opprtunity so i'm going Chelsea should win.......better had win.

result errrrrrrrr 2-0 drog and lamps.

regards:JBD

2 free you lucky ************

in spite of my self imposed ban :rolleyes:

someone's offered me 2 free tickets for the game i just can't pass up the opprtunity so i'm going Chelsea should win.......better had win.

result errrrrrrrr 2-0 drog and lamps.

regards:JBD

Way to go JBD!! :thumbsup:

hmmm yeah dont really think we can afford to rest people but having said that we are at home and not up at there place which has been a bit dodgy for us so i am hoopful of a good result. suspect that terry will be rested

This one could be a slip up for us. With the internationals and a lot of games played recently there could be a temptation to rest some players - which if we do will more than likely cost us.

I'm not so sure about need for resting players.

Malouda and Makelele played the full 90 minutes for France. Maka will be rested, I imagine, and Malouda was unlucky to feature against Boro from the start anyway. Anelka should be fit, he played 80 minutes. Bridge and Lampard didn't play against France, so Ashley Cole shouldn't be missed as he played the full 90. Joey and JT only played for one half and therefore should be fit enough for the Middlesbrough game. Shevchenko and Ivanovic played for their countries, but I doubt they will feature. Ballack played the full 90 so may get a rest in favour of Mikel. Carvalho and Ferreira played the full 90, as did Alex for Brazil. One imagines they will be fit.

I don't see any need to rest anyone, even with Fenerbahce in midweek.

Chelsea will line-up in a 4-3-3 formation as follows:

23 Carlo Cudicini

35 Juliano Belletti

6 Ricardo Carvalho

26 John Terry ©

18 Wayne Bridge

5 Michael Essien

12 John Mikel Obi

13 Michael Ballack

10 Joe Cole

15 Didier Drogba

21 Salomon Kalou

Substitutes: 40 Hilario, 33 Alex, 24 Shaun Wright-Phillips, 7 Andriy Shevchenko, 39 Nicolas Anelka.