Physical & Mental health

Leif

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive gone from lifting weights 5 times a week to doing just 2 full body workouts a week and a shit load of football. I've been packing the muscle on. I know everybody is different and i clearly need a longer recovery time and its working an absolute treat. I feel a lot better mentally as well by playing more football. A good cardio session always makes me feel good, a weights session does too but nowhere near to the level a cardio one does.

• 2 weeks later...

This year's first football match played, haven't touched a football since a tournament in May! Stamina was pretty good, wasteful on the ball. The fact that is was 3v3 didn't help the cause. :)

How about you lads/gals, any training 'resolutions' or feats planned for this year?

How about you lads/gals, any training 'resolutions' or feats planned for this year?

Basically, since last year, the "resolution" has been to never stop working out. Would consider some extra stuff in the summer if there will be enough free time.

I've gained so much fucking weight over the holidays. FUCK MY LIFE

So have I! :(

I was completely in shape until November (I even ran in a 15k race), but now I am a little bit over 75kg.

It isnt the total failure of last year (when I got as fat as 82kg), but that it is still horrible for someone who worked out to get to 67kg!!!!

Fuck, I havent played a single sport nor have I gone to the gym for almost two full months...

So have I! :(

I was completely in shape until November (I even ran in a 15k race), but now I am a little bit over 75kg.

It isnt the total failure of last year (when I got as fat as 82kg), but that it is still horrible for someone who worked out to get to 67kg!!!!

Fuck, I havent played a single sport nor have I gone to the gym for almost two full months...

I know dem feels bro. Dem feels. :cry:

Added two sort-of-cardio workouts to the routine (football), so it's 3 times weights and 2 times football a week. Might add extra weights session so I can hit every muscle group twice a week.

Today was chest and triceps day, tried to press max-one-rep flat bench press and peaked at 120kg (~265lbs) with good form, no wrist wraps, no cheat arching with back.

Standing at 192cm and 94kg (~207lbs) at the moment.

Well done to anyone sharing here, keep going strong!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I am about to resume my training.

I wanted to start with an alternating whole body plan:

A

Squat

Bend over barbell rows

Bench press

Barbell curls

French press

some random ab work

B

Deadlift

Dips

Chin ups

Military press

hammer curl

abs

Now I am done with MMA&Sprinting I can fully concentrate on bodybuilding&strength training.

I will start with a 2-3 weeks circle of lighter work in the 15+ rep range and 2 set, to recover, then 2-3 weeks of 3 sets and 8-12 reps, and finally 3 weeks of 3-4 sets in the 4-8 rep range. My goal is to gain 4-5kgs of lean muslce till the WC starts so i fit in the Germany kit, Arne Friedrich gave to me because it was too big for him.

I'm 1,90m and about 82 kgs (even though that was before my holidays, so i have probably lost some water due to not training), 2 years of experience in resistance training, even though not bb.

What do you think about my workout routine guys?

• 3 weeks later...

@Magic Lamps, How's the regime going?

glad you ask. Even though the volume is not very high it is harder than i thought. Especially dips and chin ups for 15 reps give u sour muscles even if it is only 2 sets. Which is why i decided to only train twice per week in the first cycle but add some intevall sprinting to enhance recovery. The real challenge is to eat those 3500 cals per day and stay away from unnecessary sugar.

glad you ask. Even though the volume is not very high it is harder than i thought. Especially dips and chin ups for 15 reps give u sour muscles even if it is only 2 sets. Which is why i decided to only train twice per week in the first cycle but add some intevall sprinting to enhance recovery. The real challenge is to eat those 3500 cals per day and stay away from unnecessary sugar.

3500 cal? damn, can only imagine. Then again you are a behemoth standing 1,9m tall. Best of luck with the training, happy you're sticking with it and enjoying (?) it. :)

I've not been on in ages so whilst I'm here thought I'd stick an update in. Im in the same boat as a few of you, Ive slumped a bit in my training.

I recently got myself a couple of kick ass internships in football and they've really sucked up all my free time. luckily I've managed to cement myself in to a few groups of football so im playing football 2/3 times a week. I get to be involved in a few coaching sessions etc at my internships so I'm pretty active in terms of how much football I get to play. However im only getting in the gym once a week which is really frustrating. And my diet has become terrible, and theres no excuse for it to be honest.

so my main focus now is to fix my diet and try and get in the gym twice a week, and by writing in here for y'all to see im hoping it'll boost me to do that! (...said whilst eating a pizza!).

Also got a little tip for those wanting some casual ab workouts. all you need is a mirror, sick tunes and no fear of looking like a stripper whore. Stand in the mirror, shirt off, focus on abs, and do an ab dance. like doing sit ups but stood up. really squeeze and contract. I tend to do this 10-15minutes every other day and I have no proof to say its that thats working, but I get aches and I've got alllllll kinds of gains!

• 1 month later...

This is a male dominated forum and this thread is inactive... Bunch of lazy, fat keyboard warriors....

I got a level 2-3 ankle sprain/ligament tear, tendon rupture and I can't do any running, jumping or kicking on my left leg. I got acupuncture 4x in 2 months. Without any cardio, I'm massively gaining which is not good for me...Past 2-3 months consists of only upper body and pilates/core. I'm like afraid to do any cardio...

I'm looking more and more like Maurice Jones Drew...

I need to start taking protein shakes and eating clean again.