Physical & Mental health

Leif

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ever since I started eating healthier my poo weight has come down from on average 1.6lb-1.8lb to around 1.2lb :(

Leif mate this seems to be your personal diary hahaha,, dont worry i'll be posting in here,, just started my workout routine and decided im gettin abs before summer. will expand more tomorow. hahaha

Great topic :)

Height: 5'11" / 180cm

Starting Weight: 165lbs / 75kgs

Current Weight: 177 lbs / 80kg

BMI: 24.7

Objective: Gain muscle, be stronger and look good with/without clothes :D Maintain bodyfat of 12-14%

Programmes P90X & weight-lifting

Supplements: Creatine and protein powder

Started out with P90X, which at first was very challenging, but now I'm only doing Shoulders & arms and the rest in the gym... especially chest because body-weight excercises don't give as good gains as good old barbell compound movements. I'd recommend creatine to everyone, who do weight training... it 'pumps' water into your muscle fibers, gives you strenght and the power to lift heavier / lift for more reps, but make sure you dont over-do it - may put too much stress on kidneys. Plus some people already have high levels of creatine in their body. I've been struggling with high-ish blood pressure (140-150 / 80) in the past and thus I'm trying to finish every workout with 10-20 min cardio.. also planning on doing one pure cardio day.. e.g jogging.

Been working out for 3-4 years now, but spent the last year in the army (compulsory military service) and lost a lot of my bodyweight/muscle mass - gained stamina and mental strenght... and now I'm back on the road of recovery so to say.

There are lots of youtube channels that give good advice on what to do and how to do it, but atm my favourite is TwinMuscleWorkout.. check it out. :)

Heght: 5'8 ish

weight:178lbs

BMI:27.4

Objective: its to get the abs and be comfortable taking shirt off as the above^poster said. Not really trying to gain muscles on top of muscles, but to be cut and slim. I have a feeling my body lay-out is pretty stocky although my dad was tall and thin guess its too early to tell. try and Get body fat% of 4%. and be 150lbs all muscles by June. but weight is not my primary concern,, becasue we all know muscle weighs more than fat sooo in reality i dont really have weight target.

The month of December im doing it on my own. Mondays and Thurdays no time to workout due to work right after school but Tues, Wednsesday and Friday is all Home Dumbbell workouts & ABs. On Saturday and Sunday go running two days in a row and one of those days i do another dumbell workout. The problem with me is i miss a day and suddenly that adds to 1,2,3,4 and then its fuck this shit i'll start next season. But its finally hit me hard i gotta improve body because this face can't do all the work. :D Not trying to starve myself just eating right and all should be good. Only thing im cutting down on is carbohydrates and eating plenty of greens and proteins.

Im hoping to buy p90x in january on my B-Day and hopefully by April have those ABs. hahaha

Objective: fuck more bitches.

I've been lurking more here and not posting for a few reasons … the main one is the words in red above …. I realize there aren't a lot of women on the board but there are a few of us and statements like this and others I have seen are offensive and honestly make me what to shake some sense into you. Or wash your mouth out with soap and send you to cotillion until you learn some respect and manners. I pity any girl you date at this point in time.

I would be happy to join in and add to the conversation and offer some advice and share some knowledge but will not as long as the attitude toward women is so base and disgusting.

I've been lurking more here and not posting for a few reasons … the main one is the words in red above …. I realize there aren't a lot of women on the board but there are a few of us and statements like this and others I have seen are offensive and honestly make me what to shake some sense into you. Or wash your mouth out with soap and send you to cotillion until you learn some respect and manners. I pity any girl you date at this point in time.

I would be happy to join in and add to the conversation and offer some advice and share some knowledge but will not as long as the attitude toward women is so base and disgusting.

He was only joking.

I agree with what you just said.

However, I think you are honestly interpretaring too much from what he posted. In his defense (if there is any), these quotes happen way way way more frequently than you might imagine. It does not mean he genuinely want to "fuck more bitches". Men talk like that, but he wasnt being serious and he definetly wont treat his girlsfriends like that. He is 16, sex is part of your daily conversation. I recognise there are girls reading and he isnt in the pub, though.

It was a terrible joke, but it still a joke.

He was only joking.

I am aware of that but it's still disgusting and rude and saying your joking doesn't make that better. I am not some young girl that is easily offended, I am a grown woman who has dealt with plenty of dumb comments and insults. Why is it acceptable to make degrading remarks about women? Because the board is mostly boys?

I am aware of that but it's still disgusting and rude and saying your joking doesn't make that better. I am not some young girl that is easily offended, I am a grown woman who has dealt with plenty of dumb comments and insults. Why is it acceptable to make degrading remarks about women? Because the board is mostly boys?

No, it has nothing to do with the fact that there are more males on the forum... I just think you're overreacting a bit. I doubt any guy here would be offended if you made a similarly comment but stated pretty much straight afterwards the comment. You shouldn't let a light hearted comment like that stop you from posting something constructive in this thread in my opinion :).

I agree with what you just said.

However, I think you are honestly interpretaring too much from what he posted. In his defense (if there is any), these quotes happen way way way more frequently than you might imagine. It does not mean he genuinely want to "fuck more biches". Men talk like that, but he wasnt being serious and he definetly wont treat his girlsfriends like that. I recognise he isnt talking to his friends and there are grils on the forum, though.

It was a terrible joke, but it still a joke.

Yeah, my friends and I tend to talk like that amongst ourselves. I can not speak for them but I do a fair bit to restrain myself in the presence of those who may be offended. It's terrible but unfortunately it seems to be a integral part of the male psyche, whether it's due to nature or nurture I can not tell. There is a time and place for everything and sadly both missed the mark.

But then again gender debates are a pain in the arse. What is more offensive?

I want to fuck you, whore.

or

I want to fuck you, gigolo.

I'm leaving this debate now.

The board is 98% boys probably, so sadly, a misogynistic attitude is common. I feel a lot of jokes are made by people who aren't really educated on what is okay to say and what isn't. They maybe haven't really thought about how something might offend someone. And the way I see it, taking things like "fuck more bitches" out of your vocabulary is a small ask to maybe help us move a step towards egalitarianism.

The board is 98% boys probably, so sadly, a misogonystic attitude is common. I feel a lot of jokes are made by people who aren't really educated on what is okay to say and what isn't. They maybe haven't really thought about how something might offend someone. And the way I see it, taking things like "fuck more bitches" out of your vocabulary is a small ask to maybe help us move a step towards egalitarianism

I haven't seen anything blatantly misogynistic. I have seen casual sexism and stereotypes (for both males and females) but nothing that actually advocates that hatred of females.

For instance:

I think women belong in the kitchen, because I work and they raise the children.

or

Women are an inferior sex when compared to males, therefore they should only take on inferior duties like housework.

The first is just ignorant sexism (and stereotype) but the second is full blown misogyny. They are both terrible but there is a distinction.

No, it has nothing to do with the fact that there are more males on the forum... I just think you're overreacting a bit. I doubt any guy here would be offended if you made a similarly comment but stated pretty much straight afterwards the comment. You shouldn't let a light hearted comment like that stop you from posting something constructive in this thread in my opinion :).

I was being constructive, I was trying to point out that it is offensive and hurtful which falls under "mental well-being".

Thank you, Spike and Kieran, it's nice to know someone has understood what I was trying to say.

Weightier matters: for those of you using the protein supplements please tell your doctor that you are using them. The high level of protein can have detrimental effects on you body especially on your kidney functions.

The board is 98% boys probably, so sadly, a misogonystic attitude is common. I feel a lot of jokes are made by people who aren't really educated on what is okay to say and what isn't. They maybe haven't really thought about how something might offend someone. And the way I see it, taking things like "fuck more bitches" out of your vocabulary is a small ask to maybe help us move a step towards egalitarianism

People, he posted something wrong. He will comeback to apologize and erase the offensive phrase. Then, he will learn with his mistake and think better before posting offensive language.

I think you are making it bigger than it is. It has nothing to do with disrespect towards the female gender or egalitarianism. He used a common expression for teenage boys in a bad location - girls also have offensive quotes towards boys and it does not mean they treat them in a rude way - and it will be repaired.

i'm truly sorry BluesChick for any hurt feelings and sincerely sorry for the rude comment and will refrain from making such statements in the future.

that phrase is commonly used by my peers and its something we say in name only. I can honestly and truthfully say i have never have nor will I ever treat a woman or any other woman in such a degrading way. and might i add that,( nobody that i pesonally know), does as its just used around men. Having said that, I meant no harm or ill will towards you or any other woman on here, or for life in general for that matter. The term is, as you said, disgusting, but sadly i had become numb to its meaning and vulgarity. It saddens me that this has to be done online, for i am 100% sure if you had known me personally or my background you'd know that i'm not about that life which was associated in the comment. Hopefully we can put all this behind us and it will not cloud your or anybody else's view on me as an individual as i was just throwing out a term which we young goons use on a regular basis that if you'd known had no basis what so ever.

i wasn't expecting this sort of backlash, and i honestly regret ever having used that phrase.

i'll again say that im trully sorry for the comment and will be more mindful of what i say both on and off the forum.

Sincere apologies,

Antony

i'm truly sorry BluesChick for any hurt feelings and sincerely sorry for the rude comment and will refrain from making such statements in the future.

that phrase is commonly used by my peers and its something we say in name only. I can honestly and truthfully say i have never have nor will I ever treat a woman or any other woman in such a degrading way. and might i add that,( nobody that i pesonally know), does as its just used around men. Having said that, I meant no harm or ill will towards you or any other woman on here, or for life in general for that matter. The term is, as you said, disgusting, but sadly i had become numb to its meaning and vulgarity. It saddens me that this has to be done online, for i am 100% sure if you had known me personally or my background you'd know that i'm not about that life which was associated in the comment. Hopefully we can put all this behind us and it will not cloud your or anybody else's view on me as an individual as i was just throwing out a term which we young goons use on a regular basis that if you'd known had no basis what so ever.

i wasn't expecting this sort of backlash, and i honestly regret ever having used that phrase.

i'll again say that im trully sorry for the comment and will be more mindful of what i say both on and off the forum.

Sincere apologies,

Antony

Anthony,

Thank you for listening to what I had to say and apologizing. It means a lot to me that you apologized and took my comments seriously.

We all need to think about what we say and post before we do, it would serve us well actually consider what we say and how it impacts others. Also, how what we write and say reflects upon us.

Thank you again!

Kerry