The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

http://www.chelseafc...nitez-appointed

Chelsea Football Club can confirm Rafael Benitez has been appointed interim first-team manager until the end of the season.

The owner and the Board believe that in Benitez we have a manager with significant experience at the highest level of football, who can come in and immediately help deliver our objectives.

The 52-year-old Spaniard is due to meet the players at the training ground in Cobham tomorrow.

The two-time UEFA Manager of the Year comes with outstanding pedigree. He began his managerial career in his homeland, most notably at Valencia where he built a reputation as one of Europe's top coaches by winning the Spanish League twice and the UEFA Cup. He then spent six years at Liverpool and led them to their fifth European Cup and an FA Cup.

Thoughts?

Edited by CHOULO19
Added Official Statement

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People seem to be getting rather angry about this whole thing without actually giving any reasons. Is it because of his Liverpool ties? If that's the case, don't you dare support Torres, ever talk nicely of Joe Cole, ever contemplate the idea of us signing Suarez etc.

Double standards are naughty.

If it's because of his CV, you're deluded. A Champions League winner coming in on an interim deal? How on earth can you slate Roman for that.

Here's a thought - Someone, right now, name one person more suited to taking the job until the end of the season who's available and willing to coach our players. Go.

Another stupid decision, what's the point in only giving him till the end of the season? should have just kept RDM until we could get Guardiola, who I still doubt will come here, or actually backed Benitez (fuck) with a decent contract.

I can with all honesty saying this is my second biggest nightmare in regret of Chelsea FC comeing true, number one was seeing Drogs leave after his Career is over, and both came true in ONE YEAR... I can't fuck'n belive this... I don't think I can stand Rafa watching our games... what a twat, what an asshole... what is it wih Buck claiming bein a chelsea fan? would a Chelsea Fan appoint Rafa, makeing stupid comments, Benitez?.... gosh... I'm speechless...

People seem to be getting rather angry about this whole thing without actually giving any reasons. Is it because of his Liverpool ties? If that's the case, don't you dare support Torres, ever talk nicely of Joe Cole, ever contemplate the idea of us signing Suarez etc.

Double standards are naughty.

If it's because of his CV, you're deluded. A Champions League winner coming in on an interim deal? How on earth can you slate Roman for that.

Here's a thought - Someone, right now, name one person more suited to taking the job until the end of the season who's available and willing to coach our players. Go.

I think it's because people don't rate the job he did at Liverpool and his style, he also made a lot of bad signings there, didn't exactly do well at Inter either.

Easy to slate Roman, people are fed up with interim managers, he should just pay what it takes to get the manager he wants or find someone else to take the job permanently. Can't keep waiting for Guardiola, he's doing fuck all at the minute-if he really wanted the job he would've taken it by now.