Juventus - Opposition Views

CHOULO19

Ahmed, JuveJay and Foeller from Juventuz.org were kind enough to answer a few questions regarding our very important Champions League encounter with Juventus Tuesday night.

Let’s start with an easy one: How long have you supported Juventus and why?

Ahmed-95/96, fell in love with the blue and yellow jersey, had no idea what the club was and who the players were but it was love at first sight.

JuveJay-My family are Juventini, so basically since I was old enough to understand.

Foeller -Juve has been my favorite team since around '00, but it wasn't until '05 that I started to follow them actively. Basically I became a fan because of Del Piero. I got a Del Piero shirt as a birthday present before I had even heard about him, and that was when I started to become a fan.

You have, as expected, made a great start to the season in the Serie A and are sitting comfortably at the top of the table, how confident are you of retaining the title?

Ahmed-100 percent confident, it is our Scudetto to lose.

JuveJay-Quite confident, although we are having issues playing in both competitions, as it is a new experience for this team.

Foeller - I'm pretty confident. We are definitely huge favorites and even with the loss against Inter I still believe that we are going to win the title. We have to $#@! up big time to lose the title.

Does everyone’s expectations of you to win the Scudetto add pressure or confidence to the team?

Ahmed-I would say adds pressure as we are now expected to win and win convincingly.

JuveJay-A bit of both, everyone is trying to knock us off the top.

Foeller -Of course it does. It was definitely an advantage last year that we came out of nowhere. Now there's a lot more pressure, but I don't think it's too much pressure for us to handle.

How has the team been affected by Conte’s absence from the touchline?

Ahmed-The results may not reflect but yes, his presence is a great morale booster and an important reference point, and the players have admitted to that.

JuveJay- In terms of results, difficult to say it has. But he adds something when he is there, he's a very intense man.

Foeller - I think our team has lacked an extra boost of motivation when we were in trouble on the pitch, but the players are professionals, they are managing fine without him. Our results have been as good as we could hope for in the Serie A.

You have recently lost you unbeaten run in the league to Inter, was that demoralizing or is there a renewed vigor about the team after the defeat?

Ahmed-Renewed vigor, it has taken the additional pressure of the 'unbeaten streak' off the team's back.

JuveJay-It was both demoralising and invigorating, no one likes to lose to Inter, and you can see that response in the players.

Foeller -At first I thought it would be demoralizing, but in the end I guess it really turned out the other way. At least we managed to score 10 goals in the two games after.

What did you make of Chelsea’s Champions League conquest last season?

Ahmed-Very fortuitous, but I guess it was karma as they had had their share of misfortune of the past few years in CL.

JuveJay- Tactical, clinical, and with the luck required to win it.

Foeller -I think Chelsea has the necessary luck to go all the way, but that doesn't take anything away from the tactical brilliance of that campaign. Furthermore, I liked the fairytale story about your Champions League run.

Our previous meeting was a very tight affair; it really could have gone either way. Did you find the result fair and do you expect a similar match this time around?

Ahmed-Juve were the better team on the night, and should have won the game if they had been more clinical in the first half.

JuveJay- I thought the result was fair considering we were 2-0 down, but we seemed to be the better team until Chelsea struck with two blows from nowhere.

Foeller - The outcome of the first match was definitely fair. I don't expect this game to be the same at all since the group stage is almost over and now Chelsea will be more than happy with a draw. I expect this game to be much more tactical than the first one which was basically a very well played football game.

Chelsea can afford to draw this match while Juve probably have to win in order to qualify to the last 16 round. How do you think that will affect the match?

Ahmed-Juve always stands up to be counted in the big games and when all is on the line, it should bring out the best in us.

JuveJay- Di Matteo will most likely set the team up the same way he did for many of the big games last season, which I suppose is a worry.

Foeller -Well, I mentioned this a little bit in my previous answer, but I think that will mean that Chelsea will approach the game a bit more defensively that they otherwise would have. At the same time I think Juventus will be motivated as never before. I expect them to play like it's the last game of their life, basically.

Who has been your best player this season, and who should we look out for?

Ahmed-Arturo Vidal has been sensational and been scoring goals for fun, you'll need to try to keep him quiet.

JuveJay- Bonucci, Marchisio and Pirlo have been amongst the best, but watch out for Quagliarella and Vidal (again).

Foeller - I think Marchisio has been our best player so far, but what you should be afraid of is our midfield trio. Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal are most likely going to be the key to winning this game for us.

If you can pick one Chelsea player to play for Juve, who would it be?

Ahmed-Fernando Torres.

JuveJay-Tough to see better for our formation, Torres might seem obvious given our strikers, but if we were to play a back four then Juan Mata, Eden Hazard or Ashley Cole would be obvious choices.

Foeller -. Even though we desperately need a striker, I think Torres is too much of a choker, and I've not been impressed by Sturridge. We also need a left wingback, but I personally don't like Ashley Cole too much. I guess that would mean I would go with either Mata or Hazard.

What is the likely formation and line-up that Mr. Conte will put out on tomorrow?

Ahmed-should be the same team that played in London, with Quagliarella starting ahead of Vucinic who is down with illness. Isla may start ahead of Lichsteiner at RWB.

JuveJay-3-5-2, almost certain.

Foeller -We are definitely playing 3-5-2 just like the last game. I expect this to be the line-up:

Buffon

Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini

Lichtsteiner - Vidal - Pirlo - Marchisio - Asamoah

Giovinco - Vucinic

However, it is possible that Isla will be play instead of Lichtsteiner and that Quagliarella will play instead of Vucinic.

12. Finally, predict the result.

Ahmed- Juventus 2 - 0 Chelsea.

JuveJay- 2-1 (heart), 1-1 (head).

Foeller - Juventus is going to win 1-0.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They shouldn't really be that confident because tomorrow they play the champions of europe.

LOL, 2 OF THEM WANT TORRES, IF THEY COULD PICK ONE OF OUR PLAYERS...

not mata, hazard, oscar, ramires, JT, etc, BUT TORRES.

By all means Juve, discounted price of 20 mil and he is yours...

They said Torres, because Juventus lacks striker and he really is a talented lad that lost alot of his confidence and isn't clicking atm ( Loan with option to buy, Marrota style would be perfect).

Hazards and Mata would be obvious choices but in this system the juve plays it would be almost impossible to integrate them, John Terry is more adapted to Premiership defending and quite old to adapt to Serie A.

I don't see Cole much of a wingback ( if he was younger he would definitely bring alot of energy on the flank), Ramires would be nice in Juve if he could just improve his passing ( and We are overloaded in midfield atm).

I hope that clarifies your question partially ;)

They said Torres, because Juventus lacks striker and he really is a talented lad that lost alot of his confidence and isn't clicking atm ( Loan with option to buy, Marrota style would be perfect).

Hazards and Mata would be obvious choices but in this system the juve plays it would be almost impossible to integrate them, John Terry is more adapted to Premiership defending and quite old to adapt to Serie A.

I don't see Cole much of a wingback ( if he was younger he would definitely bring alot of energy on the flank), Ramires would be nice in Juve if he could just improve his passing ( and We are overloaded in midfield atm).

I know Juve has a lot of talented players and the striker department is one that needs strengthening, but tbh, saying "the bold bit" is an understatement. He hasn't been clicking for 3 years. I would 100% swap him for vuninic right now.... Or quaglierela (can't spell it lol).

We can do a straight swap, Torres for Matri right now. That's how much we've had it with Torres.

I know Juve has a lot of talented players and the striker department is one that needs strengthening, but tbh, saying "the bold bit" is an understatement. He hasn't been clicking for 3 years. I would 100% swap him for vuninic right now.... Or quaglierela (can't spell it lol).

Vucinic is one wierd player (only he has guaranteed spot), he reminds me alot of Berbatov - just abit more creative and faster and a terrible finisher :P, (only because of his height he is considered more of a striker, that's what i assumed from people doesn't mean its right), Quagliarella- you could say he is world class on his best days.. but hes injury slowed him down alot.. we saw few glimpses of him this season. One striker from Juve which i think would be perfect for Chelsea is Matri ( you can laugh at this) because in more open defences and less man marking he would excell if given regular playing time, problem that juve has with him is that juve system need strikers to link up alot with midfielder for short passes ( thats why Vucinic is needed) and Matri just can't give that because he is more of a classical poacher with a better workrate, I'd like Torres in Juve because i think he can slow down play, make good passes and is quite decent in link up play..

Vucinic is one wierd player (only he has guaranteed spot), he reminds me alot of Berbatov - just abit more creative and faster and a terrible finisher :P, (only because of his height he is considered more of a striker, that's what i assumed from people doesn't mean its right), Quagliarella- you could say he is world class on his best days.. but hes injury slowed him down alot.. we saw few glimpses of him this season. One striker from Juve which i think would be perfect for Chelsea is Matri ( you can laugh at this) because in more open defences and less man marking he would excell if given regular playing time, problem that juve has with him is that juve system need strikers to link up alot with midfielder for short passes ( thats why Vucinic is needed) and Matri just can't give that because he is more of a classical poacher with a better workrate, I'd like Torres in Juve because i think he can slow down play, make good passes and is quite decent in link up play..

Yep sounds good to me. You drive him to southern france, ill meet you there with torres. We will do the exchange, put a couple of masks on them no one will be any the wiser. :ph34r:

LOL, 2 OF THEM WANT TORRES, IF THEY COULD PICK ONE OF OUR PLAYERS...

not mata, hazard, oscar, ramires, JT, etc, BUT TORRES.

By all means Juve, discounted price of 20 mil and he is yours...

Juventus needs only a strong striker....I don't think they would change their others player with chelsea's players...and they are right

Juventus needs only a strong striker....I don't think they would change their others player with chelsea's players...and they are right

Lol, i would take hazard mata oscar over anyone you could over me for juve, given everything... And Torres - strong striker?

Lol, i would take hazard mata oscar over anyone you could over me for juve, given everything... And Torres - strong striker?

Only Torres...with Conte He will retourn the player of Liverpool, I'm sure...but he must accept a reduced salary...4 or at least five mln for year..so it's impossible

Only Torres...with Conte He will retourn the player of Liverpool, I'm sure...but he must accept a reduced salary...4 or at least five mln for year..so it's impossible

LOL 5 mln a year thats too much, I tought more like 3.5/4 to adjust him to our wage structure. Only Buffon and Pirlo deserve that kind of wage. How much does he earn now?

180k week £'s not Euros :(

Wish I was a billionaire, I would subsidise his wages for you :)

Bonjourno! (Sp?)

I didn't understood so much criticism about him, now I do.. if he is getting that much money he must perform. Knowing Italian ultras, he would recieve death threats for playing bad and being payed more than Buffon :P