Future Chelsea Captain

Jase

Captaincy  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Chelsea captain after JT retires?

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long before someone troll-votes Falcao? lol

I have a feeling it'll be Fabregas. Won it all, seen it all, senior player, plays in a position where he influences the entire pitch. Kind of a no brainier.

Gotta be Eden, surely? You usually give the armband to your best player more often than not, Hazard represents our future and passing of the guard so to speak. It would be a fitting and help Hazard's maturity grow.

Gotta be Eden, surely? You usually give the armband to your best player more often than not, Hazard represents our future and passing of the guard so to speak. It would be a fitting and help Hazard's maturity grow.

I dunno.. I feel like Fabregas has the more fitting personality for this role.

Cesc would be the best captain but for a long term solution (which I think we should go for, maybe with Cesc VC and Ivan/Cahill 3rd Captain to help them out) for me it's a choice between Azpi, Courtois and Matic. Of those 3 I think the best option is Azpi for the same reasons as Amels outlined above.

He hasnt got the personality to do it. Same goes with Tebo. It takes someone that all the lads trust,respect and would get behind. Someone that can give players a pat on the head or a kick up the arse to wake up.

No, the armband should and usually does go to the best leader, not the best player.

Not to say that Eden isn't that man, but one's amount of goals/clean sheets/tackles etc. is only part of the equation when picking a captain.

I Vote for Cahill

1. He's seems to last long in Chelsea (loyal)

2. He has achieved all Trophies with Chelsea

3. he's been long partnering with JT in the heart of our defense

4. Still playing for England

5. I consider him as one of England's finest defender

Cahill has no charisma, he is our weakest link in defence.

I dont think any of our current crop can replace Terry in this role, his criteria as english, loads of character and experience, blue through and through are unmatchable, logically the one who deserve it after Terry is Ivanovic, because of his loyalty, and he is the one that will probably replace Terry next season if things goes right as center back, Stones or any other young one like Zouma have to wait or to be extremly decisive this season.

"Eden is coming with big status now and was voted one of the top ten players in Europe last year. In my opinion he should be in the top three not in the top ten. Let's see what is going to happen but we have these people. But let's say John Terry and Branislav Ivanovic are our captains and the others are ready to come."

Saw this in a quote about Eden on WAGNH. Looks like Ivanovic will be VC this year.