Future Chelsea Captain

Jase

Captaincy  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Chelsea captain after JT retires?

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on what? The hype machine? Newer and younger is better bandwagoners?. I base my opinion on what I have seen from both Keepers and Cech is the superior GK. I prefer to go off visual evidence rather than statistics and hype machine.

For one, Cech is a superior ball handler and shot stopper (He actually catches or parries shots out of danger zone unlike Thibaut)

He has superior reflexes, superior anticipation and awareness (This one along with ball handling are not even debatable in my opinion) , better judgement.

The only areas where Courtois edges Cech are agility (he's younger which makes it only normal), dealing with corners and distribution which isn't much of an achievement as Cech has one of the worst ball distribution of any goalkeeper ever.

Everything else Cech has him beat easily and it's also worth noting that despite our solid defence the Czech still gets tested far far more often and he's usually very reliable.

I don't need misleading statistics to tell me these things and those are just the tangibles.

No I base it on watching both keepers consistently for the last 3 years!!! I haven't mentioned anything about stats so I have no idea why you keep referring to that.

Courtios is better then Cech at almost every aspect, I haven't seen a better GK in world football then Courtois it's a no brainer who the better keeper is! If you watch both it's clear Courtois is better, you obviously find it hard to admit as your obviously a big Cech fan but you need to see what most knowledgeable fans see who watch both play regularly and that is that Courtois is simply the better keeper.

No I base it on watching both keepers consistently for the last 3 years!!! I haven't mentioned anything about stats so I have no idea why you keep referring to that.

Courtios is better then Cech at almost every aspect, I haven't seen a better GK in world football then Courtois it's a no brainer who the better keeper is! If you watch both it's clear Courtois is better, you obviously find it hard to admit as your obviously a big Cech fan but you need to see what most knowledgeable fans see who watch both play regularly and that is that Courtois is simply the better keeper.

Dude, we're done.

Are you put Choulo19 in your ignore list m8? Just asking

• 3 months later...

Looks like it will be Fabregas.

Jose Mourinho prepared to appoint 'fantastic' Cesc Fabregas as Chelsea captain CHELSEA manager Jose Mourinho has boasted Cesc Fabregas' captaincy credentials, and hinted that he may be the next recipient of John Terry's armband.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/526131/Cesc-Fabregas-Chelsea-Captain-Appointment-Stamford-Bridge-Stars-Update-Latest

for the next 3-4 years: cahill as captain, Branna as VC

long term: Kalas captain zouma VC

Dont see cahill as a starter for the next 4 years..

Also, I dont see neither zouma or kalas as starters in the future... Especially, long term starters.