Future Chelsea Captain

Jase

Captaincy  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Chelsea captain after JT retires?

Do you know Luiz personally to say he's as big of a joker as you make him out to be? David is a extrovert yes, but that doesn't he isn't professional. Do you think he isn't professional because he sticks out his tongue in photos or?

There isn't evidence? Isn't that Mata situation and the fact that Terry said what he said evidence?

he himself said it.

"I'm an extrovert, a joker, and I didn't want to change my character when I moved to England. Yes, it was hard, but I wanted to show that Brazilians are happy people, and this is me."

again, when you think of a captain's role in football, u need a cool head who keeps things professional. that way gary cahill is a better choice anyday. i can see the case made for luiz as he is popular, positive etc but i don't agree that he should become captain because he is not exactly calm and professional on or off the pitch. there are many occassions when he tries to play his way out of trouble or makes a rash challenge ( against newcastle, and against Stoke (Walters))

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he really "crazy" or are you just assuming that? How can you assume he isn't mature either? And like I said how does anyone know if he isn't professional? People are saying all these things based on assumptions rather than anything else.

is there evidence that he is professional? there is more evidence pointing to the fact that he is the joker in the team. you can't accuse us of assuming things when really, it's there for everyone to see. David Luiz is the joker in the team. sure, he maybe professional at times but i wouldn't want a person like luiz leading the team out. as jason already mentioned he is representing the team on and off the pitch and someone calm/mature is a better way to go

also, the captain needs to deal with the ref right? and luiz is not exactly fluent in english. that's another con of having luiz as captain.

is there evidence that he is professional? there is more evidence pointing to the fact that he is the joker in the team. you can't accuse us of assuming things when really, it's there for everyone to see. David Luiz is the joker in the team. sure, he maybe professional at times but i wouldn't want a person like luiz leading the team out. as jason already mentioned he is representing the team on and off the pitch and someone calm/mature is a better way to go

also, the captain needs to deal with the ref right? and luiz is not exactly fluent in english. that's another con of having luiz as captain.

Still don't understand how anyone could say Luiz isn't mature enough; he has taken it upon himself to help Oscar settle into the team and look at the result. Still don't understand how Luiz is only strictly viewed as some sort of clown of a person. It's ridiculous to say that Luiz wouldn't represent the club in a good way. Being a captain isn't only about showing how "mature" you are. For me passion is more important, something Luiz had in abundance.

I did say that Luiz needs to be more fluent in his English. Apart from that I think he's one of the main candidates.

is there anything wrong with saying Cahill just because he is English? Most teams have a captain from the country they are from

Barcelona- Puyol

Real Madrid- Casillas

AC Milan- Ambrosini

etc. etc.

Well, you are comparing Puyol and Casillas with a very avarage CB, the worst we have in the squad, and no doubt the club see Cahill as a squad player. This is not the kind of player that become captain.

Still don't understand how anyone could say Luiz isn't mature enough; he has taken it upon himself to help Oscar settle into the team and look at the result. Still don't understand how Luiz is only strictly viewed as some sort of clown of a person. It's ridiculous to say that Luiz wouldn't represent the club in a good way. Being a captain isn't only about showing how "mature" you are. For me passion is more important, something Luiz had in abundance.

I did say that Luiz needs to be more fluent in his English. Apart from that I think he's one of the main candidates.

i'm not saying he wont represent in a good way but the fact is luiz is a bit of a hot head. you won't see cahill lunging in for a 2-footed tackle on the half way line. you won't see cahill trying to dribble his way out of trouble. the thing about luiz is that he won't be taken seriously because that's who he is. the only plus point about luiz for captain is his passion for the club but that's about it. cahill is a much better choice

Either Gary, Brana or Juan will do for me.

Cahill was the only candidate for me, but leaning towards to Mata more and more lately. Experienced, heart of the midfield, good spoken English and Spanish of because.

I just don't see Mata being Chelsea's captain. I feel a more intimidating person is needed.

Look at United, City, Arsenal & Spurs...all of their captains are intimidating CB's, they know how to control their players, they demand respect..and they look like born leaders like Terry.

Mata is a great player but he just seems a bit too quiet and friendly for the role of captain.

César Azpilicueta could become a leader; mayhap he already is?

How I love saying 'César Azpilicueta'.

Well, he has to take over the RB spot from Brana before he can lead the team... :D

If only Hutchinson didn't go down with a career-threatening injury all those seasons ago, he just seemed tailor-made for the captaincy role, typical English bloke, down to earth, loves the club.

i'm not saying he wont represent in a good way but the fact is luiz is a bit of a hot head. you won't see cahill lunging in for a 2-footed tackle on the half way line. you won't see cahill trying to dribble his way out of trouble. the thing about luiz is that he won't be taken seriously because that's who he is. the only plus point about luiz for captain is his passion for the club but that's about it. cahill is a much better choice

When has Luiz lunged in for a two footed challenge bar that JW incident (which wasn't even two footed to be honest)? You act like he does it all the time? Hasn't JT done that before? Puyol? Because he tries to dribble his way out of trouble (something he hasn't done in AGES mind) he won't be taken serious by fellow team mates?

The problem is that people (fans) don't take Luiz serious, not his teammates, because he's a fun guy to be around. That doesn't mean he doesn't graft hard in training, or doesn't take matches serious? I'd rather have someone who's passionate, someone who inspires his team mates and fires them up than someone who just looks okay as a captain. If Cahill wasn't English I doubt many would consider him as an option. You wouldn't say that about JT though because he's a natural leader. So is Luiz, more so than Cahill IMO.

Genuine passion for the club, a good image and personality, commitment and the ability to inspire. That's what I look for in my captain. Luiz ticks all of those boxes while Cahill doesn't in my opinion.

Listen I'm not saying Luiz should be captain right now, but as I've said in previous posts he's one of the main contenders if 1) JT is fazed out in about 2/3 years and 2) he improves his English fluency.

When has Luiz lunged in for a two footed challenge bar that JW incident (which wasn't even two footed to be honest)? You act like he does it all the time? Hasn't JT done that before? Puyol? Because he tries to dribble his way out of trouble (something he hasn't done in AGES mind) he won't be taken serious by fellow team mates?

The problem is that people (fans) don't take Luiz serious, not his teammates, because he's a fun guy to be around. That doesn't mean he doesn't graft hard in training, or doesn't take matches serious? I'd rather have someone who's passionate, someone who inspires his team mates and fires them up than someone who just looks okay as a captain. If Cahill wasn't English I doubt many would consider him as an option. You wouldn't say that about JT though because he's a natural leader. So is Luiz, more so than Cahill IMO.

Genuine passion for the club, a good image and personality, commitment and the ability to inspire. That's what I look for in my captain. Luiz ticks all of those boxes while Cahill doesn't in my opinion.

Listen I'm not saying Luiz should be captain right now, but as I've said in previous posts he's one of the main contenders if 1) JT is fazed out in about 2/3 years and 2) he improves his English fluency.

overlooking your outburst, all you are doing is accusing me of assumptions when you are blatantly making assumptions about me making assumpions. let me break it down. firstly i didn't say he lunges in all the time.i said you won't see Cahill doing that. i didn't say that because he dribbled his way out of trouble he won't be taken seriously. those are 2 different points.

the only point you made is passion. personality, commitment, ability to inspire are just other phrases you've used and you are overlooking the obvious points here. you can't deny david luiz is goofy. he has admitted it himself. he is not taken seriously simply because he is the joker in the squad.

doVdC.gif

he is a hot head. there are enough examples to say he is a hot head, challenge from the back on rooney at the bridge, clumsy penalties given away to Fulham, QPR, shirt pull as last man on Ba away at Newcastle last season - early in the game and oh yeah, jon walters this year. but he is getting better, admittedly

also, on the field of play passion could turn into a negative point. he is often carried away by the situation and gets in the face of the opponents. (against newcastle last season)hardly ideal for a captain. he has to communicate and calm down his team-mates, a job which cahill is more suited to due to his professional nature. also, have you seen luiz interviews? not a captain in the making.

Passion is the ONLY plus point to luiz becoming captain. so if u have any other point to add to that, please do.

things like interrupting your teammates during interview, laughing all the time and making jokes doesn't mean one is not suitable to be the captain. i do the same shit and during the game i'm fucking gattuso, haven't seen luiz making jokes on the pitch yet. besides he has a great passion for the game and can step up when needed.

At the risk of getting crucified, I'd pick Mikel. He's young, very mature, a guaranteed starter and can stand up for himself and the team.

His accent is as thick as a very thick object. He'd be lucky if the referee understood him. They'd probably yellow card him everytime he argued just to be safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday was evidence of the fact that Luiz is not captain material. watch his frustrated push on van persie after the red cards. needs to keep his head together. plus his defending was pathetic. headless chicken