Future Chelsea Captain

Jase

Captaincy  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Chelsea captain after JT retires?

I don't know for sure whether we'll have another captain like Terry, Lampard or Gerrard.

To have someone like that, the player should be one of the first names on the teamsheet. Always. To become someone like that, its not just about having the ability, but its about performing consistently to set an example to fellow players.

From the current crop its a bit too early to decide who has those attributes. Then there's the question of character, but I'm not part of the Chelsea dressing room so...

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh will never be a Chelsea first team player, unless a complete attitude change is coming, so he can be discounted.

What is wrong with his attitude? And please I don't want to hear your opinion I want primary sources proving that Josh has a poor attitude.

• 1 month later...

Who would you want as Future Chelsea Captain?...

Ivanovic,Luiz,Torres,Mata,Cahill...or maybe someone else...!!!....Lamps and Cech not considered....

I think i'll go with Ivanovic or Luiz.....

Please use the search option before starting a new topic in the future.

Thank you.

I can see Cech being our captain, but this would only be for a couple of seasons. i totally agree with Cahill. I can also see Mikel getting it. Romeu would be interesting, but he doesnt seem to have that verbal confidence just yet - but could be in the future depending how it goes. it is a tough one!

my bet would be: Cech then Cahill.

There is absolutely no way Cech should be captain! The man cannot even organise his own box let alone the whole team in times of need! Personally i would get rid of him and get the cat back :fainthv9:. Our defense is shambolic at best so far this season and Cech has to bear part of the blame for that along with the ridiculously undermanned double pivot!

Josh will never be a Chelsea first team player, unless a complete attitude change is coming, so he can be discounted.

Mikel will be gone soon as we will sign or promote someone who is a better all rounder in midfield as well as a Viera type player.

For me JT should be dropped and Cahill should be given a shout. He is much quicker and in my opinion a better player than JT at the present time. it may all change next week/month! i just feel that JT's lack of speed is becoming more and more of a problem over the last year or so. We never used to see him diving to the ground as someone beats him outside the penalty area.

Iva will be gone in two years so he would not be a long term captain.

Wtf did I just read.

Mata seems like a good choice. Great performances, everybody likes him, looks vital on the field and doesn't go into stupid fights. Everybody loves him and it's only his second season. Otherwise Hutchinson, if fortune helps him with his injuries. From older players Cech or Cahill.

Mata seems like a good choice. Great performances, everybody likes him, looks vital on the field and doesn't go into stupid fights. Everybody loves him and it's only his second season. Otherwise Hutchinson, if fortune helps him with his injuries. From older players Cech or Cahill.

He's not a natural leader though, no disrespect to the guy (i love him) but he isnt suited for captain at all.

Out of the players we've currently got id say (depending on how soon terry/lamps will retire): Luiz (if he matures abit more he would be the perfect captain).

juan mata - nah. he's a class act on the pitch but he hasn't got the temperament to be a captain. Even Cech cannot be captain. the captain needs to speak with ref and defend his players . cech cant do that 50 metres away from the referee

gary cahill seems to be a good choice now

juan mata - nah. he's a class act on the pitch but he hasn't got the temperament to be a captain. Even Cech cannot be captain. the captain needs to speak with ref and defend his players . cech cant do that 50 metres away from the referee

That why you have 2nd and 3rd captains like Madrid do, It works perfectly fine.

only doubt is can Cahill be a guaranteed starter?

only doubt is can Cahill be a guaranteed starter?

Think he can. Right now, it's only the preference partnership of Luiz & Terry by RDM that is preventing him playing week in week out. Once Terry retires, the space will open up for him.