Future Chelsea Captain

Jase

Captaincy  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Chelsea captain after JT retires?

OR it could be like Lampard and Cole, who were both released after being deemed no longer good enough for the team.

If Mourinho and the board still have any logic in them, then they would not be giving Ivanovic a new contract, not with the way he has been playing.

Of course, it could be like that too... but I'd rather try to rotate him this season and see if he can find his form again, if given some rest.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of 'bad boys' have been given the armband before in football and its actually made them a bit more level headed

But they were inspiring charismatic leaders, it's either calm and collected like Zanetti and Maldini or passion and charisma like Puyol and Cantona.

I think Costa has the passion but he lacks all the other traits.

Rooney, Zlatan, our own Dennis Wise, Roy Keane....there are loads of examples

And I think they are shit captains. Especially Rooney and Zlatan. Rooney is quite possbily the worst captain I've ever seen in my life.

Not commenting on Wise or Keane.

And I think they are shit captains. Especially Rooney and Zlatan. Rooney is quite possbily the worst captain I've ever seen in my life.

Not commenting on Wise or Keane.

but my point is...that when all the 'bad boys' were given the armband, they calmed down a bit in general and had a responsibilty to others.

Costa is charasmatic, a born winner, wants to lead people into battle as well as being a very decent footballer.

Giving him the armband would in my humble opinion just calm him down a bit and make him more level headed

But they were inspiring charismatic leaders, it's either calm and collected like Zanetti and Maldini or passion and charisma like Puyol and Cantona.

I think Costa has the passion but he lacks all the other traits.

For me, Puyol will be one of the most sportsman captains ever.. Things like this are great examples of why:

• 3 months later...
57 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Well, said in Terry thread.

His impending departure leaves the question.. What next?

Ivanovic is looking like he's signing on and is VC. Cahill is also signed on and could see more games now..

Zoumazga

Looking at the poll list, I realized there is absolutely nobody fit to be a captain of a top team, no leaders. For a few years at least wearing the armband will be a formality, because somebody has to, but in reality we will have no captain if JT does go, so might as well give it to Mourinho's loverboy if he stays.

• 2 weeks later...