Future Chelsea Captain

Jase

Captaincy  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Chelsea captain after JT retires?

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on his development, probably Cahill. It's very important for the captain to be one of the better players in the team. It gives you that respect from your team mates. You can't be a player who's (easily) replaceable. It's not like he has Terry-esque leadership and mental strength so he would need to step it up and reach a much higher level.

One thing's for sure, we'll sure miss Terry as a captain when his time comes. He was truly iconic in that aspect.

Vice-captain role for Brana.

Torres? A leader? lel.gif. He's far too meek for the role.

Cech should be the leader. At 30 he has a good 6-7 years to go in his career. Assuming Terry is off at 35 and Lampard at the end of this season, Cech will wear the armband for a couple of years before passing it onto someone else, perhaps Cahill or at a stretch, Ivanovic.

You should add a poll. There are just 3 or 4 popular alternatives and it'll spare us the trouble of having 500 posts with one word responses.

Can't just jump the gun, can I? Everybody will have different views on who should be captain. And if I were to put the entire squad(well, almost) on the poll, it's going to stretch the page because of how long it is going to be.

Can't just jump the gun, can I? Everybody will have different views on who should be captain. And if I were to put the entire squad(well, almost) on the poll, it's going to stretch the page because of how long it is going to be.

Make a 5 man shortlist from the responses so far and have a 6th option for 'Others' where posters can explain their choice in the comments.

Make a 5 man shortlist from the responses so far and have a 6th option for 'Others' where posters can explain their choice in the comments.

If you are so eager to see that, then why don't you go through the responses yourself? :lol:

Just a suggestion. Do carry on <_<

:Goober:

Just went through the 3 pages and here are the results(Hope I got it right. Otherwise, it's more or less there):

1. Cahill - 15

2. Cech - 7

3. Ivanovic - 5

4. Mikel, Mata & Bertrand - All tie on 3 votes each

5. Chalobah, McEachran - Both tie on 2 votes each

6. Luiz, Torres, Moses & Azpilicueta - All tie on 1 vote each

Mind you that most just posted the name without exactly pointing who should get which post, given that there are obviously 2.

Now it's up to one of the mods or admins sort out the poll, if they want to add it. :P