Future Chelsea Captain

Jase

Captaincy  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Chelsea captain after JT retires?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think Fabregas is suited to be captain for us when he has been consistently inconsistent with his performances. He might have the leadership qualities but he also needs to lead and show example by putting in performances week in, week out.

Azplicueta could be a surprising choice for me. Mou favorite, always praised his character and never seems to be involved in anything controversial and always does his job well. Then again he hardly ever seems to talk on the field either so don't know how inspired he could be for other players.

As for people suggesting Fabregas, lol a bottler who goes missing in most big games and not someone to stand up and put his body on the line when things get tough, if he is made captain we are probably destined for Arsenal style trophy draught.

Why anyone would want a liability in big games leading our team is beyond me. But then again there are already Chelsea fans thinking of Fabregas as a legend so that's telling, anyway.

It's not so much as wanting a liability to lead our team as it is a result of lack of options. If not Fabregas, then who? Azpi has been mentioned, but who else? Cahill? Matic doesn't strike me as captain material, and neither do any of our wingers/attacking players. Costa is a madman.

So yeah, going with the most experienced Premier League player seems logical.

It's not so much as wanting a liability to lead our team as it is a result of lack of options. If not Fabregas, then who? Azpi has been mentioned, but who else? Cahill? Matic doesn't strike me as captain material, and neither do any of our wingers/attacking players. Costa is a madman.

So yeah, going with the most experienced Premier League player seems logical.

Cesar as captain, Ivanovic (and Mikel) as VC. If Stones joins us groom him behind Cesar and Brane. All of them know the club ininside out, are at their best in big games and seem to be well liked by everyone in the squad.

Cesar as captain, Ivanovic (and Mikel) as VC. If Stones joins us groom him behind Cesar and Brane. All of them know the club ininside out, are at their best in big games and seem to be well liked by everyone in the squad.

Well I didn't think we were considering guys like Ivanovic or Mikel, do they even have a future here? Not one Chelsea fan would want to have this Ivanovic or Mikel in their best XI, even as VC.

+ Azpi ahead of Ivanovic as captain? This would never happen.

I decided to change to my vote from Fabregas to Pedro as Future Captain. Once we signed Pedro I wanted him as Captain once he has played 10 games for Chelsea FC then give Pedro The Captaincy Armband.

once Pedro has completed playing 10 games for Chelsea in The Premier League then Pedro has earned his Captaincy Armband.