Future Chelsea Captain

Jase

Captaincy  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Chelsea captain after JT retires?

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many fit the bill, but no one is rich enough to pay it.

Costa is fighter to end, but crazy, Iva is warrior too, but is crazy and getting old, Matic midfield king, but is more quiet type of player, Cahill is english and decent, but not as reliable, Cesc is our playmaker, but is missing in big games, Hazard is our best player, but not yet mature enough, Zouma has potential, but too young. Azpi would suit too, but might not have as big role in team yet.

We had plenty of true captain material in Didi, Ballack, Cech, Lamps but those are gone. Not sure there is anyone in current team that would tick every field for captain material, but if Iva stays in first 11, I would go with him for the time being. He is crazy, but Terry had some crazy moments too (like the kick in Alexis in semis for no reason), Iva is also one of our biggest warriors and has given us win many many times, true leader. Mou trusts him aswell too. Captain of serbia, so has some experience there too. And he is a proper beast, no one would dare to argue with our captn.

We might buy new player that will suit captain role, but Terry will retire in one-two-max three seasons and I wish our captain was here for a longer time. Knowing the club, respect it and play for it because he understands it in every aspect.

One player I hope we dont give captain band is Cesc. Here for short time, ex-arsenal player and as whole not a personality I would give band to. Mentaly not strong enough to be true leader that is seen where he dissapears in big games and does fuck all. Wil be grateful for him as our playmaker and midfield maestro, but captain should be someone with connections to the club, not just quality player. Maybe I will change my mind in couple years, but as of now, I dont want him as captain at all.

Ivanovic can't really be considered as captain material. He is too crazy. I still remember his verbal fight with Cech from a couple of seasons back.

Not a chance in hell I would consider Cahill captain material. He has shown no signs if leadership and tbh if Mourinho didn't trust him so much he would have lost his place in the starting XI to Zouma during last season.

For me a proper leader is the silent one. IMO Matic is the best option for now. Some say he is shy but I disagree. I think he comes about like that because he is still new to the team but I really beleive he can lead the team.

Azpi is next for me, but he seems shy of the pitch but inside it he is a warrior, imo our best defensive player by far as well.

Zouma is an interesting option. Popular in the dressing room and I think he has captained French u21 team in the past, but I still have my doubts about his leadership skills but I have no doubt he will learn a lot from the master that is JT.

Seeing the discussion about our new captain, and the arguments of each of you, with which I agree in a big part; I see how big will be the hollow that will leave Terry when he leave the team. Is a amazing player and I will miss him as that, but even more as captain and leader.

Will be difficult, If not impossible, find some captain like him.

As of right now, Cesar is the only suitable option if we're thinking long-term. He's part of the new generation, he's been here from the beginning of this new generation, he's a starter + one of our best players, he's fighting on the pitch, he has charisma, and judging by the off-pitch pictures he's a well liked member of the team that seems to be able to bond with anyone.

As of right now, Cesar is the only suitable option if we're thinking long-term. He's part of the new generation, he's been here from the beginning of this new generation, he's a starter + one of our best players, he's fighting on the pitch, he has charisma, and judging by the off-pitch pictures he's a well liked member of the team that seems to be able to bond with anyone.

Nailed it excellent post.

Captains in football barely do anything, it is more of an honour than anything. A leader is going to lead regardless of the armband. This isn't cricket where the captain actually has an important job.

True to a certain extent in cricket the captain lives and dies by his on field tactical decisions. In football the captain is more of a figurehead for the club as a whole.