test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

OneMoSalah

Wishlist Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Started by OneMoSalah,

616 posts in this topic

I really like Aubameyang (pronounced o-bam-meh-yang). If we're selling Lukaku he'd be an ideal second choice striker. He can also play on the wings pretty effectively. Would be a really nice signing IMO.

Edit:

Think a slightly faster, more versatile Remy for those who haven't seen him play.

Tomo, bluesman2610 and Madmax like this

Last season, he played mostly on his natural position (right wing). Sounds like a French Schurrle.

Right wing isn't his natural position... He was shoe horned in there because of Lewandowski.

He's first and foremost a striker that can play out wide, not a winger that can play up front.

I see, so he's more like a French Sturridge. :P Some sites report that he's a right winger. Pretty sure he can't be worse than the current strikers.

I think PEA would be a very nice addition to the squad (especially for anything under 15 mn £) as a foil for Costa. Don't think Mourinho's going to put up with Lukaku's antics.

In games where we come up against parked defences, I'd happily throw him up top alongwith the Spaniard.

The Skipper and Tomo like this

Right wing isn't his natural position... He was shoe horned in there because of Lewandowski.

He's first and foremost a striker that can play out wide, not a winger that can play up front.

...and something different from Blacszykowski.

The Skipper likes this

Worth remembering a lot of the time when parents say "he will stay, he is happy" etc is opinion more than likely. He has no power to stop Dortmund accepting a bid

nadavTKL likes this

I like this move if true. Right price, right age, and a much different type of striker than Costa. Would strike a good balance up top.

wow francefootball reporting we're in advanced talks with him? that's awesome, i really rate this guy and if we sold lukaku and got him, we could probably make a profit... hopefully we make this happen

How reliable is France Football? Anyone from France here?

very reliabe afaik

I don't understand,If he is indeed a very good player than why are Dortmund selling him and that too quite cheap? It's kind of strange.

I don't understand,If he is indeed a very good player than why are Dortmund selling him and that too quite cheap? It's kind of strange.

They did just buy their Lewandowski replacement. Don't know who else they have up front but it does seem strange for them to sell him a year after buying him.

Aubameyang is averaging 18 goals a season over the last 3 years. Last season Hazard our top goalscorer with 17 goals, the nearest to him was Eto'o on 12. That's absolutely pitiful for a club with our aspirations.

The team that won the league had Aguero (28 goals), Dzeko (26), Yaya (24) and Negredo (23). They scored a massive 56 goals more than us over the course of the season.

Costa on his own won't be enough, we need more players capable of scoring goals.

I'm not sure why Dortmund are selling but they were apparently interested in signing Lukaku so maybe we've struck some sort of deal? I know that kind of thing rarely happens but you never know. Wouldn't surprise me if Lukaku is off to Dortmund this summer.

kellzfresh and Tomo like this

They did just buy their Lewandowski replacement. Don't know who else they have up front but it does seem strange for them to sell him a year after buying him.

They have got PEA,Immobile,Schieber and Ramos as their strike-force currently.PEA had a decent last season,is fairly versatile and fits their counter-attacking system perfectly so I can't comprehend why do they want to sell him.