test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

OneMoSalah

Wishlist Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Started by OneMoSalah,

567 posts in this topic
28 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

I think you will find they are they ain't counting zouma Matic and costa also not counting Remy 

Apart from Zouma, I hope the other two are off tbh. 

1 hour ago, Barbara said:

Reselling? Lol, that's even worse reason to ignore a player in his prime.
Morata is traveling to Milan and Belotti while welcomed by me, may not be the best partner for another younger player in Mitchy.
The argument just got poorer IMO. We have to improve the squad and fill in the void left by Diego, not think about reselling

Thing is, when people make decisions while investing into projects, they look at the worst case scenarios too. He may be in his prime, but that doesn't guarantee the fact that he will definitely be successful in Chelsea. There's always that chance. Remember Shevchenko?

If that happens with Auba, that's all the money down the drain, if he fails one season, we aren't going to look to replace him. If he fails for another season after that, that's the money gone down the drain, no resale value. 

What I mean is, we have to evaluate if Morata and Belotti really are that far away from Aubameyang that we are willing to go for Auba and not these guys. Who are really good players and yet to peak. Also, that players like these aren't always available in the market.

We do have to improve the squad yes, but we need to factor in everything, not just 1-2 years. We did that under Mourinho, and we ended up selling De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku.

28 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

Thing is, when people make decisions while investing into projects, they look at the worst case scenarios too. He may be in his prime, but that doesn't guarantee the fact that he will definitely be successful in Chelsea. There's always that chance. Remember Shevchenko?

If that happens with Auba, that's all the money down the drain, if he fails one season, we aren't going to look to replace him. If he fails for another season after that, that's the money gone down the drain, no resale value. 

What I mean is, we have to evaluate if Morata and Belotti really are that far away from Aubameyang that we are willing to go for Auba and not these guys. Who are really good players and yet to peak. Also, that players like these aren't always available in the market.

We do have to improve the squad yes, but we need to factor in everything, not just 1-2 years. We did that under Mourinho, and we ended up selling De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku.

We're not at the point to worry about about re-selling, what we need to do is solidify a deal. There is no room left for hymning and hawing, just get the guy who Conte wants and deal with the circumstances later. 

At any rate, what I think is happening is we don't want to be the ones to make the first bid. We want Milan to decide the fee and we swoop in with a bigger offer in the 11th hour. As soon as Chelsea make a bid the valuation for a player goes way high... Bonucci went to a direct rival for a fraction of what we were offering.

3 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

We're not at the point to worry about about re-selling, what we need to do is solidify a deal. There is no room left for hymning and hawing, just get the guy who Conte wants and deal with the circumstances later. 

At any rate, what I think is happening is we don't want to be the ones to make the first bid. We want Milan to decide the fee and we swoop in with a bigger offer in the 11th hour. As soon as Chelsea make a bid the valuation for a player goes way high... Bonucci went to a direct rival for a fraction of what we were offering.

That too. At this moment, I'd take anyone. We have only Batshuayi.. :fist:

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

My argument is if we're going to spend big on a striker - let it be one that'll potentially be at the club for more than 5 years. 

Wenger, is that you?

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Wasn't Suarez 28 when Barca got him? If we were making a habit of these type of signing's it would be a bad move as we will have another 10/11 like season on the way eventually (and i think that would finish me, despite the second place finish it was our worst moment of the modern era bar Jose's last month's) but to do it as a one off is ok, if Auba delivers as much as 1 title or CL (and that's a huge contribution not winning a corner by fluke) he's worth it.

Suarez was 27 years and 6 months so roughly half a year younger than auba is now. Wie do not have the time nor the alternatives to pussyoot around here anyway. If we do not get auba it is belotti or bust 

Tomo likes this

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

My argument is if we're going to spend big on a striker - let it be one that'll potentially be at the club for more than 5 years. 

I don't think so. Football is really dynamic. Unless you are getting someone like Ronaldo in his 24, there is no guarantee a player that is 24 years will be a better investment in the long term than a player who is 28.

Belloti is 23 and Morata is 24. We are not talking about 17 or 18 years old kids. Ok, 5 years from now Belotti will be 28 and Morata 29, but will a 29 years old Morata be the best striker in the world, or a mediocre one? What about a 28 years old Belotti? Both players came from recent good seasons, but only throwing around the age argument is not a good thing to do in my books. We are not talking about players that are taking big leagues by storm. 

Actually, I think Aubumeayang is the only striker that is even close of being worth huge money. He is top scorer for BVB, BVB is a big and rich club, he is playing in Bundesliga for 4 years, and he is improving his goal score record season after season.

No offense, but only in TalkChelsea people think Belotti is worth the same price as Aubumeyang.

The Skipper, DYC., Fernando and 1 other like this

7 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I don't think so. Football is really dynamic. Unless you are getting someone like Ronaldo in his 24, there is no guarantee a player that is 24 years will be a better investment in the long term than a player who is 28.

Belloti is 23 and Morata is 24. We are not talking about 17 or 18 years old kids. Ok, 5 years from now Belotti will be 28 and Morata 29, but will a 29 years old Morata be the best striker in the world, or a mediocre one? What about a 28 years old Belotti? Both players came from recent good seasons, but only throwing around the age argument is not a good thing to do in my books. We are not talking about players that are taking big leagues by storm. 

Actually, I think Aubumeayang is the only striker that is even close of being worth huge money. He is top scorer for BVB, BVB is a big and rich club, he is playing in Bundesliga for 4 years, and he is improving his goal score record season after season.

No offense, but only in TalkChelsea people think Belotti is worth the same price as Aubumeyang.

I agree wholly. 

You guys don't realize that Abumeyang will have great understanding and partnership with Hazard. 

That is something most of us been wanting for ages. 

Apart from Aguero, only Abumeyand comes closely to that style of striker...and Sanchez but he is no striker. 

We need to change our style from the "target man". 

4 hours ago, zekinjo said:

Wtf? Like an amateur club. 

Chelsea FC squad -> 14 first team players + 3 goalkeepers!

IMG_2505.thumb.PNG.e7f50024b7ffc3f255745313b18d3348.PNG

Last time i knew of a squad as thin as this?  Yep, last year,  Hull city had similar.  Fuck me

As long as a striker is in great physical condition and can clearly still play at an elite level for a few more years I don't care about their age. It's why I would take Aguero no questions asked if it were possible even though he's just about 30.

I mean, we just saw a 35 year old Zlatan easily play in the PL and could comfortably do so for another couple of seasons if he hadn't picked up that freak injury. 

xPetrCechx and Fernando like this

15 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I always like getting them young, but I guess you have a good point here. Of the four strikers available at the start of the summer, he is likely to be both the cheapest (wages excluded) and the safest option. 
I mean, it is pretty unlikely that Belotti and Morata come in and start dominating the league after all, and that is what we want. By the time PEA is 32 and most likely declining, he will have given us a couple of good seasons while we buy ourselves four transfer windows to find a long-term replacement. These transfer sums are here to stay, so we better get used to them.

Also, if someone told us as the beginning of the window that we would be getting Rudiger, Caballero, PEA, Danilo, Bakayoko and whatever RW we find then I doubt people would be too unhappy. 
As a Brazilian, what is your opinion on Danilo? Worth the shot?

The Skipper likes this

35 minutes ago, Rekin said:

Also, if someone told us as the beginning of the window that we would be getting Rudiger, Caballero, PEA, Danilo, Bakayoko and whatever RW we find then I doubt people would be too unhappy. 
As a Brazilian, what is your opinion on Danilo? Worth the shot?

Yes that window sounds good until u add but we will lose costa matic zouma ake RLC chaloba begovic atsu traore Terry aina.

Chelsea? likes this

8 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Yes that window sounds good until u add but we will lose costa matic zouma ake RLC chaloba begovic atsu traore Terry aina.

Zouma, Ake, Chaloba, Begovic, Atsu, Traore, Terry and Aina played either no role at all this season, or next to none. Let us not act as if they are huge losses. 

1 hour ago, Henrique said:

Good argument. Just FYI - I'm actually not against signing Auba, of course it would be a nice signing, however, in my opinion, if you're going to make a huge investment, getting someone who's younger is something you'd have to look at. 

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Wasn't Suarez 28 when Barca got him? If we were making a habit of these type of signing's it would be a bad move as we will have another 10/11 like season on the way eventually (and i think that would finish me, despite the second place finish it was our worst moment of the modern era bar Jose's last month's) but to do it as a one off is ok, if Auba delivers as much as 1 title or CL (and that's a huge contribution not winning a corner by fluke) he's worth it.

For sure - I'm just saying that if we're signing in a position for big money, you'd look at the younger player and think that the investment might be more justified. I'm aware of Auba's merits and he'd be a good signing, just that Belotti being younger can be seen as a positive if we were to make a huge investment in him. 

Tomo likes this

Milan are in talks with all the players we are interested in WTF? 

They want Belotii, PEA, Morata? They can't be this indecisive or we need to close a deal on the striker we want. I am starting to get nervy about our squad. I dont know if we would have the fire power to compete in PL let alone other competitions. 

37 minutes ago, Rekin said:

Zouma, Ake, Chaloba, Begovic, Atsu, Traore, Terry and Aina played either no role at all this season, or next to none. Let us not act as if they are huge losses. 

They might not be huge losses as far as the first choice starting eleven goes but to get rid of ALL squad players at the same time is just crazy. Don't forget there were already departures of Oscar, Mikel and Ivanovic in January without any replacements. 

At the moment, not counting the youth players there is just one striker, three attacking midfielders (one injured), three central midfielders (one injured) and two wing-backs (one suspended) in the squad. So without further reinforcements for the league opener against Burnley there's only six first team players available for seven positions and the bench would pretty much be entirely made out of youngsters who haven't made a single appearance for the club. Don't know about you but that doesn't seem enough for a team that supposedly has ambitions to compete in four different fronts and unless Conte somehow magically starts trusting unproven young lads like Baker, Musonda and Kenedy the squad depth problem won't be solved with just one or two new signings.

The Skipper likes this