Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

OneMoSalah

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, J.F. said:

Chelsea close in on £65million Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang swoop as Antonio Conte prepares to offload Diego Costa

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-close-65million-pierre-emerick-10801255

:(

if only this bullshit with Costa was settled we wouldnt be desperate for a new striker

I can't quite understand the reasons behind not wanting to sign Aubameyang. There are too many question marks over Belotti (one season) and Morata (goal-scoring record, main striker) to justify paying by media accounts significantly more.

The arguments about him being 28 and reliant on his pace seem petty. Unless he got injured a lot, like Torres for example, he should keep that explosiveness for at least the next 2-3 seasons and even in his early thirties should still be quicker than the vast majority of defenders. His movement and technical ability should also count for something.

Right now, he is the best option out there by a mile. The most proven, least risky option. The only option that is an upgrade to Diego Costa.

We might not have a resale value on him but if we got 3 seasons out of him whilst he is still in or around his prime, he could be the goalscorer that helps us win the league or even the Champions League. Given some of the prices in this summer's market, £60-65m for a proven goalscorer and one of the best strikers in Europe the last couple of seasons seems pretty reasonable.

Also signing a top player isn't just a huge statement that we mean business going into the new season when the summer so far has been full of disappointment and confusion, but it's the sort of signing that proves to other players in the squad that we are buying top players to win trophies. Players such as Hazard and Courtois who might just need that extra little encouragement from the club that they can achieve everything they wish at our club.

Chelsea are closing in on a £65m deal for Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

I really would spend that money on Belotti instead, promise of having a young striker who is good. But if PEA can come for a much less cost then I would be comfortable. I am at loss this season as to how the club is dealing with transfers really. 

Somebody teach them business!!!! I know these days average players are selling for much higher but FFS that is where these business heads have to bring their prowess to the table.

I just hope they know what they are doing and that whatever the hell they do we win CL this season so that we can use that money to buy players for building a long term team.

If we had to invest into a young striker, I'd bet on Belotti.  The kid has it all. 

However, if the board don't want to pay the 89 million..then the next best option would be Aubameyang. 

Proven goal scorer, coming from a quality team, offers something different from Michy.

The only strikers he remotely reminds me of are Suarez & prime Torres. Not the worst company.
Thinking about it again, more prime Torres than prime Suarez. Less dribbling and more use of strength. More finishing, less creating. But he's shades of both.

9 hours ago, Mário César said:

wtf the people in this forum don't want Aubameyang ? what?

its not that people don't rate him, but we'd rather a striker who can create more for themselves (someone compared belotti to suarez and tevez).

I just don't get it why would anyone want us to pay 100M for Belotti who had his first good season i would prefer if he stays at Torino and i also think for his carrer it would be better. Torino is perfect for him to develop and become a better player.

I can't picture any other striker on earth we've been linked to in the past 5 years building as good chemistry with Hazard as Aub potentially could. They'd feed off eachother beautifully; Hazard already puts the ball where Aub would be, only to never have players of ours there.

3 minutes ago, Leif said:

I can't picture any other striker on earth we've been linked to in the past 5 years building as good chemistry with Hazard as Aub potentially could. They'd feed off eachother beautifully; Hazard already puts the ball where Aub would be, only to never have players of ours there.

Even u have to admit it's strange no other club is after him..... apart from maybe Milan.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You