The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

manpe

Great show, I started watching it some weeks back from scratch and I was overly impressed. The mixture of medieval-like life and warfare, sex, nudity and treachery is amazing. Just started watching season 2 with a female friend and I'm looking forward to the other episodes. BTW have the white-walkers gotten more ostentatious appearances in season 2/3?

So far, six episodes into Season 3, we haven't seen a single wight yet.

Although I am expecting Coldhands to make an appearance to Sam and Gilly very soon!

So far, six episodes into Season 3, we haven't seen a single wight yet.

Although I am expecting Coldhands to make an appearance to Sam and Gilly very soon!

Going to be very interesting to see where they go with the wight's, obviously going to be involved in some sort of grand scale "end game" to the series.

Really need to re-read the series soon, been too long and i would love to immerse myself back in Westeros....

Strike, the only bit of context you need to know prior to S1E01 is something called 'Robert's Rebellion'. Years before the start of the show, there was the last King of the Targaryens, called Aerys II the Mad King, who was slain by a member of his own bodyguard, the Kingsguard - Jaime Lannister, a major character in the show. During this rebellion, a man called Robert Baratheon (in the show, this is King Robert), with the help of Jon Arryn (his former Hand, who has recently died) and Eddard Stark (the Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North) overthrew the Mad King, deposing him of his rule and (supposedly) ending the ancient Targaryen rule (however we know of another Targaryen, who is a major character in the novels...). Lord Arryn has died and Robert needs a new Hand to help him rule, so S1E01 is about him travelling to Winterfell to personally ask Eddard to join him in King's Landing, the capital.

I am guessing you started from 1st season, right? Well, just sit back and let it unravel itself! You will be hooked in no time!!

Definitely hooked. Love that the show is always evolving. Not depending on any one character. Also, there are 3-4 underlying storylines supporting the main storyline - The Dothrakis, The Crippled Stark, The Night's Watch. It's all brilliantly laid out. Totally worth the hype

You do have to be patient with the show at times as it seems to "stagnate" in terms of action - but really this is akin to Martin's humanisation of his characters in the books, and lets you see the political and social machinations underpinning the story.

Nobody will tell you. If you haven't seen it, you shouldn't be asking. Now go an watch it!! Stop reading posts here, you will ruin your climax. Seriously.

I finished season 2. Now I am reading the 1st book before i start season 3.

I thought Season 2 was as good as the first one. Ofcourse, Ned Stark was the cut-out good guy in season 1 but season 2's lack of genuine good guy made it more unpredictable. Stannis, Renly, Tywin... all their motives are a bit murky.

Was wondering what all the hype is about

Tried to watch episode 1

First 5 mins

Saw decapitated heads

Turned off

37162448.jpg

Aha call me whatever you want, but i cant really watch that kind of thing. Im a comedy, cheerful kind of guy.

I finished season 2. Now I am reading the 1st book before i start season 3.

I thought Season 2 was as good as the first one. Ofcourse, Ned Stark was the cut-out good guy in season 1 but season 2's lack of genuine good guy made it more unpredictable. Stannis, Renly, Tywin... all their motives are a bit murky.

Oh, i thought you were asking in anticipation. And yes, season 2 was brilliant as well. Started with the third?

Oh, i thought you were asking in anticipation. And yes, season 2 was brilliant as well. Started with the third?

No. Reading the first book now. Books are as good as the show