The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

manpe

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

Yes. In all previous series.. travel was made to feel relevant to our time scale. 

True. Travelling sometimes took several episodes, now you get people running, ravens flying and dragons arriving to that same place in a matter of hours. I have started wondering how big (or small) exactly their land is.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

True. Travelling sometimes took several episodes, now you get people running, ravens flying and dragons arriving to that same place in a matter of hours. I have started wondering how big (or small) exactly their land is.

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with the size of their land but more to do with the fact they have blown their budget on the action scenes. Thus forcing them to shorten the series and rush the story line through. They have surpassed the books too, mayne that has played a part in lazy writing.

Only just watched the latest episode and i was gutted. Ravens and Dragons travelling 10000km within hours? and how corny was the entire Dany - Jon dialogue? I cringed. The white walker nailing the first shot which was a hard one but missing the easy one thereafter? And where the fuck did BenjenStark comefrom? Years of oblivion and then he reappears for a 30s martyr cameo? the whole season was rushed with huge armies travelling the continent  in stealth mode and fleets appearing out of nowhere but this episode was so fucking rushed it would have been an entire season a few years ago. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Only just watched the latest episode and i was gutted. Ravens and Dragons travelling 10000km within hours? and how corny was the entire Dany - Jon dialogue? I cringed. The white walker nailing the first shot which was a hard one but missing the easy one thereafter? And where the fuck did BenjenStark comefrom? Years of oblivion and then he reappears for a 30s martyr cameo? the whole season was rushed with huge armies travelling the continent  in stealth mode and fleets appearing out of nowhere but this episode was so fucking rushed it would have been an entire season a few years ago. 

It was truly shocking. We can only pray that this seasons finale and season 8 doesn't follow suit.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

The writing is terrible.  Shock news, HBO isn't as good at writing GoT as GRRM.  I'm sure he's given them the basic plot points, but the writing from the first 5 seasons that made the show engaging is gone.  So many questions, all the time.

Why did the NK choose to throw his spear at a target flying around in the sky, instead of the stationary one on the ground with every on it?  And, if you're the greatest javelin thrower in the galaxy, why not just pick off Jon Snow while he was sleeping on the convenient rock?

So, if you kill a white walker, all of the wights around it die, except 1 that you need?  Okay, right.

How do you stab a wight with dragon glass when a lot of them are just skeletons?

As for Benjen:  One guy in a YouTube video said it best.  "There was plenty of room on the raft for Jack, but he plops Rose on and dies for some reason". 

I thought season 6 was going downhill, but 7 has been awful.

41 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

The writing is terrible.  Shock news, HBO isn't as good at writing GoT as GRRM.  I'm sure he's given them the basic plot points, but the writing from the first 5 seasons that made the show engaging is gone.  So many questions, all the time.

Why did the NK choose to throw his spear at a target flying around in the sky, instead of the stationary one on the ground with every on it?  And, if you're the greatest javelin thrower in the galaxy, why not just pick off Jon Snow while he was sleeping on the convenient rock?

So, if you kill a white walker, all of the wights around it die, except 1 that you need?  Okay, right.

How do you stab a wight with dragon glass when a lot of them are just skeletons?

As for Benjen:  One guy in a YouTube video said it best.  "There was plenty of room on the raft for Jack, but he plops Rose on and dies for some reason". 

This made me lol when I saw. Most of your points are on spot. This season is fucking terrible from a story point, decisions and characters but the effects are great to be honest.

Next episode should be more of the same if the spoiler I read are correct.

45 minutes ago, Georgy said:

This made me lol when I saw. Most of your points are on spot. This season is fucking terrible from a story point, decisions and characters but the effects are great to be honest.

Next episode should be more of the same if the spoiler I read are correct.

I'm not expecting more from season 8, unfortunately.  Unless they get some help in for the writing.  It was the dirty little secret in season 6, but now, everyone knows.

On 8/27/2017 at 9:23 AM, Sideshow Luiz said:

Yup without the book guidance this season has been quite mediocre. Like you said the decision that people take make zero sense. Too much decision was made either to make it more dramatic or to force the story. Plus what with the pacing, I heard hbo wanted 10 episodes but the creator want only 7. Should have gone for 10 episodes and slow down. 

20 minutes ago, lucio said:

if danaerys wins the throne, it isnt worth the 8 years following the show, cringe character who can't act

She is not that bad but that meeting scene at dragon pit  not sure whose fault is that. Her or the director. When you are queen of andals, mother of dragon you don't sit looking like kids in front of monster like cersei. Danaerys looked so timid especially when she put her hands on her leg. 

White walkers taking over the land and turning everybody into zombies would be my preferred ending. But the show has gone soap opera soft, so I think it will be King Jon and Queen Dany bringing peace and love for eternity. Whatever the case, I hope the grande finale isn't all sunshine and rainbows.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

White walkers taking over the land and turning everybody into zombies would be my preferred ending. But the show has gone soap opera soft, so I think it will be King Jon and Queen Dany bringing peace and love for eternity. Whatever the case, I hope the grande finale isn't all sunshine and rainbows.

Nah, Dany will die giving birth whilst Jon becomes ruler of the seven kingdoms. Dwarf will die. Cerci will die. Jamie will die. Ayria kills Cerci. Sansa becomes lady of winterfell. Bald gay guy dies. Fire witch dies. Brotherhood dies. Hound kills brother. Hound dies. Dragons die. White walkers die. I die.

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

Nah, Dany will die giving birth whilst Jon becomes ruler of the seven kingdoms. Dwarf will die. Cerci will die. Jamie will die. Ayria kills Cerci. Sansa becomes lady of winterfell. Bald gay guy dies. Fire witch dies. Brotherhood dies. Hound kills brother. Hound dies. Dragons die. White walkers die. I die.

Thanks for the laugh :lol:

4 hours ago, communicate said:

Yup without the book guidance this season has been quite mediocre. Like you said the decision that people take make zero sense. Too much decision was made either to make it more dramatic or to force the story. Plus what with the pacing, I heard hbo wanted 10 episodes but the creator want only 7. Should have gone for 10 episodes and slow down. 

The pacing is terrible.  Look at the events even in the last 2 episodes.  Wherever those guys were, north of the wall, Gendry ran back to the wall in 1 night.  But, from the same spot, the white walkers make it there in the same amount of time that Jon and gang take the weight to King's Landing and have a meeting and head back again.

Map of pacing issue in season 7:

DHWntu5UIAACTa_.jpg:large

Also:  Shout out to Jon Snow for taking his own advice last episode:

11 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

The pacing is terrible.  Look at the events even in the last 2 episodes.  Wherever those guys were, north of the wall, Gendry ran back to the wall in 1 night.  But, from the same spot, the white walkers make it there in the same amount of time that Jon and gang take the weight to King's Landing and have a meeting and head back again.

Map of pacing issue in season 7:

DHWntu5UIAACTa_.jpg:large

Also:  Shout out to Jon Snow for taking his own advice last episode:

Hey maybe the white walker is just that slow :D

They should have ride south. It will take the white walker decades or even centuries to reach them. 

3 hours ago, manpe said:

Then GOT will become some kind of prequel for Walking Dead :D

I think one of them will die. Maybe jon. One thing for sure, Arya will kill the night king