The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

manpe

Rory McCann, AKA Sandor "The Hound" Clegane spotted on set.

CLEGANEBOWL HYPE

And there was me thinking that it was safe to enter this thread now that we TV show viewers had caught up with you spoiler flinging book readers!!

And there was me thinking that it was safe to enter this thread now that we TV show viewers had caught up with you spoiler flinging book readers!!

The TV show HAS overtaken the books now... there is a fan theory about Ser Robert Strong you might want to look into. It isn't a major spoiler. It's quite clear from the Season 5 finale that Cersei is awaiting a trial (and we know a Lannister loves a good trial by combat), so it won't be spoiling much for you to look into it. As I say, "Cleganebowl" is a fan theory. In the books it makes it out as if the Hound is dead, so this would be a real nice surprise.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone have a decent stream already? NOt that I am endorsing copyright infringement here, just out of interest...

I know where there wll be plenty of quality streams tomorrow but I would love to watch one before I got to work tomorrow so I got that nice feeling of havng the power to spoiler my co-workers^^

The scene where Sansa and Mr. Cockless cross the river spoiled the series for me. How can you survive in freezing cold crossing a river in full clothing? They weren't even trembling. Not plausible. Dragons and zombies however, this I can believe.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

The scene where Sansa and Mr. Cockless cross the river spoiled the series for me. How can you survive in freezing cold crossing a river in full clothing? They weren't even trembling. Not plausible. Dragons and zombies however, this I can believe.

starks resistant to cold, like danaerys is to heat

51 minutes ago, manpe said:

Is this true or are you joking?

i think its true to some extent , she still needs to take her clothes off and get by a fire asap. they should really have stripped and carried clothes above the water.

as for theon, he's so flayed and tortured, probably dosen't feel much. and his extremities (fingers and toes) , which would be the first to freeze, are all cut off, or partially at least

2 minutes ago, lucio said:

they should really have stripped and carried clothes above the water.

Exactly what I thought, but then I realized they were running for their lives and the hounds were right behind them. And considering how they are dressed, I don't think it's as quick as pulling a t-shirt over your head, especially for Sansa.

On 7/15/2015 at 11:06 AM, iseah100 said:
On 7/15/2015 at 4:19 AM, Alex said:

I'm not usually one to jump on the "THE BOOKS ARE BETTER!!!!!" bandwagon, but in this instance, they are. Obviously the TV show is a TV show, it can't possibly adapt everything. But the book offers so many different perspectives through the way it is narrated by point-of-view chapters, and there are so many storylines that the show skips over or merge together that are properly fleshed out. You'll enjoy it.

Yea, even just halfway through book 1 I've noticed things that they didn't really go into to much depth on the show. I like how each chapter is from a different perspective. So far so good.

That should tell you something when the first book is the closest to the tv series of them all.

This was such a great show until season 5. Then it became far too popular, and the band-wagoners came since their other shows they're glued to finished. They just want something to talk about, so GoT now has to appeal to the masses, who are always dumber than the minority. The quality of show decreases as the quantity of viewers increases. 

Remember when a major character dying was still a surprise, even after the 3rd or 4th time?