The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

manpe

Just watched seasons 1-4 becuase the first time i was kinda paying attention. Bow about Jamie? His development has been awesome. I hated him, but him getting his hand cut off gave him humility. Gonna re watch season 5 now. My 3 favorite characters are Jon Snow, Tyrrion, and Arya. In that order. Should i read the books?

Just watched seasons 1-4 becuase the first time i was kinda paying attention. Bow about Jamie? His development has been awesome. I hated him, but him getting his hand cut off gave him humility. Gonna re watch season 5 now. My 3 favorite characters are Jon Snow, Tyrrion, and Arya. In that order. Should i read the books?

if you take out the incest, jamie is a brilliant character and a guy. the things he does after his captivity and the 4 and 5th books are amazing.

even the stick he gets of being a kingslayer is done for the greater good.

I realy like this series for characters. You can actualy like or respect the ''bad'' people and understand them why they do certain things. Some of them are real cunts though.

Only sad thing about whole series is that all the good people die. Cant realy connect with anyone cuz they are dead sooner or later.

The whole series so far could have title ''The good will die''.

• 2 weeks later...

^ that's why it's such a popular series. No wishy-washy "good always wins" endings to be found here.

I actualy like that but not every Stark should die ffs :lol: They are droppig like flies...

Movies with not happy endings like Shutter island, no country for old men or usual suspects are brilliant. Inception to some extent, depending how you see the ending.

I actualy like that but not every Stark should die ffs :lol: They are droppig like flies...

Movies with not happy endings like Shutter island, no country for old men or usual suspects are brilliant. Inception to some extent, depending how you see the ending.

It'll come to a satisfying conclusion, GRRM confirms that with his writing style ("closure" must be his other middle name), but we can't say whether it'll be good or evil that prevails. :lol: That being said, if he pops his clogs there won't be much closure at all!

Just started reading the series. Anout halfway through book 1, good stuff.

I'm not usually one to jump on the "THE BOOKS ARE BETTER!!!!!" bandwagon, but in this instance, they are. Obviously the TV show is a TV show, it can't possibly adapt everything. But the book offers so many different perspectives through the way it is narrated by point-of-view chapters, and there are so many storylines that the show skips over or merge together that are properly fleshed out. You'll enjoy it.

I'm not usually one to jump on the "THE BOOKS ARE BETTER!!!!!" bandwagon, but in this instance, they are. Obviously the TV show is a TV show, it can't possibly adapt everything. But the book offers so many different perspectives through the way it is narrated by point-of-view chapters, and there are so many storylines that the show skips over or merge together that are properly fleshed out. You'll enjoy it.

Yea, even just halfway through book 1 I've noticed things that they didn't really go into to much depth on the show. I like how each chapter is from a different perspective. So far so good.

• 1 month later...