The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

manpe

Fuck this show. Seriously. I loved it till this season. But holy fuck the writing has been terribad. I don't even care that the child was burnt, in the context of the show it isn't shocking. It's still disturbing but what fucks me off more is that it is incredibly out of character. It was written for shock value. Nothing more.

Dorn is a joke

i love DORNE. its almost like the actors forgot how to act while trying to speak in their weird accents.

a good book is built around its characters. how each character has a particular strength or a particular flaw. its the essence of any book.

stannis burning his daughter is like ned raping arya, or jon snow joining the white walkers. unfortunately, showing gory and OTT things sells. lets just hope that the books are not ruined with stuff of this magnitude's stupidness.

They've been alluding to it for over a season, now, ever since that Melisandre/Selyse bath scene on Dragonstone in Season IV. Stannis burning his daughter won't be seen as outlandish if it happens - as is expected, considering GRRM inspired the decision to kill of Shireen - in The Winds of Winter.

question that dude who was kicking Ser Jorah Mormont a braavosi water dancer in the last episode?

Yes, he was a Braavosi water-dancer, much like Syrio! Was a nice touch to add that in.

Liked the last episode but far from great. I actually expected a more shocking death (once it ended I was like "wut", that was it?). I guess I've just seen way too many f*cked up scenes in movies in general.

So far it has been a good season overall, so I can't complain. And yeah, Dorne has been pretty lame for the most part.

I don't care if the TV series diverges from the novels. If it is written well; it is written well. But lately it has not been written well nor has it been acted well. What I've seen is something akin to amature fanficition found on shitty parts of the internet.

I haven't paid that much attention to the acting or writing myself, but I'm a bit disappointed in the cinematography/visuals lately. The CGI also looks pretty blatant at times. Guess this is what sucks about TV shows in general, in that they have a different director for nearly each episode.

I hope next season is more consistent.

I haven't paid that much attention to the acting or writing myself, but I'm a bit disappointed in the cinematography/visuals lately. The CGI also looks pretty blatant at times. Guess this is what sucks about TV shows in general, in that they have a different director for nearly each episode.

I hope next season is more consistent.

Not just directors, but budget is also way less for TV shows and it shows clearly during CGI stuff.

Liked the last episode but far from great. I actually expected a more shocking death (once it ended I was like "wut", that was it?). I guess I've just seen way too many f*cked up scenes in movies in general.

So far it has been a good season overall, so I can't complain. And yeah, Dorne has been pretty lame for the most part.

They've destroyed the Dorne storyline. Thankfully Alexander Siddig (Prince Doran) has added a degree of credibility to it with his performance in this episode.

They've been alluding to it for over a season, now, ever since that Melisandre/Selyse bath scene on Dragonstone in Season IV. Stannis burning his daughter won't be seen as outlandish if it happens - as is expected, considering GRRM inspired the decision to kill of Shireen - in The Winds of Winter.

i dont know how you came to the conclusion of "Stannis burning his daughter won't be seen as outlandish". that was probably the worst thing the writers of GOT have done. i doubt those idiots have read the books or know stannis character AT ALL to show this scene.

also killing off shireen is not comparable to stannis burning her. worlds apart.

i dont know how you came to the conclusion of "Stannis burning his daughter won't be seen as outlandish". that was probably the worst thing the writers of GOT have done. i doubt those idiots have read the books or know stannis character AT ALL to show this scene.

also killing off shireen is not comparable to stannis burning her. worlds apart.

Because if, in TWOW, Stannis conspires to burn his own daughter - which may well happen, until we have the book, only GRRM knows - then people will look a little bit silly berating the showmakers for this decision.

Because if, in TWOW, Stannis conspires to burn his own daughter - which may well happen, until we have the book, only GRRM knows - then people will look a little bit silly berating the showmakers for this decision.

i honestly dont think a half decent writer would do something like this.

i honestly dont think a half decent writer would do something like this.

The same half decent writer who has killed off half the main cast of "good guys" already? :lol: I don't think anyone but GRRM knows what he'll end up doing, and that's the beauty of it. Yes it's barbaric, but I wouldn't be surprised if Stannis burning his own child ends up in book 6.

The same half decent writer who has killed off half the main cast of "good guys" already? :lol: I don't think anyone but GRRM knows what he'll end up doing, and that's the beauty of it. Yes it's barbaric, but I wouldn't be surprised if Stannis burning his own child ends up in book 6.

he killed off the good guys but did any of his characters end up doing anything uncharacteristic?

ned got killed cos he wont just screw up cersie, infact gave her a chance to take the kids and save herself.

the starks died cos they trusted a vile person thinking he would do what they would do with him.

etc etc..

by a half decent writer i meant, any writer who has created his own world and knows the value of each character. you are confusing barbaricness and goriness with something completely unrealistic. was stannis and his army close to utter anhilliation. yes. what does he do? kill and burn his men at his own whim? NO. and (again its been sometime since i read the books) but any sacrifice is valid. there is no relation to the blood or royal blood as far as i can remember. it will be damn hard for "any half decent writer" to justify the act. and i am pretty sure, GRRM will give one hell of a justification (maybe grayscale does affect shireen at the end or something),IF he ends up doing this deed, but it definitely wont be a sacrifice to please the god and improve the bloody weather. that will be a case of just hopeless writing and thinking.

he killed off the good guys but did any of his characters end up doing anything uncharacteristic?

ned got killed cos he wont just screw up cersie, infact gave her a chance to take the kids and save herself.

the starks died cos they trusted a vile person thinking he would do what they would do with him.

etc etc..

by a half decent writer i meant, any writer who has created his own world and knows the value of each character. you are confusing barbaricness and goriness with something completely unrealistic. was stannis and his army close to utter anhilliation. yes. what does he do? kill and burn his men at his own whim? NO. and (again its been sometime since i read the books) but any sacrifice is valid. there is no relation to the blood or royal blood as far as i can remember. it will be damn hard for "any half decent writer" to justify the act. and i am pretty sure, GRRM will give one hell of a justification (maybe grayscale does affect shireen at the end or something),IF he ends up doing this deed, but it definitely wont be a sacrifice to please the god and improve the bloody weather. that will be a case of just hopeless writing and thinking.

I'm not confusing anything. I'm just not getting worked up over something that "isn't in the books" that may well end up being "in the books" by the time book six is released. I completely understand what you're saying, but what I am suggesting is the action, which was inspired by GRRM, and thus highly infers that the burning of Shireen will happen in one of the last two books, may well end up happening in the book-lore anyway.

I'm not confusing anything. I'm just not getting worked up over something that "isn't in the books" that may well end up being "in the books" by the time book six is released. I completely understand what you're saying, but what I am suggesting is the action, which was inspired by GRRM, and thus highly infers that the burning of Shireen will happen in one of the last two books, may well end up happening in the book-lore anyway.

when (and most importantly IF) it happens in the books, i will deal with it later.

i will ridicule the fat sadist at that point of time, but considering the fact that he has written 5 books which are wonderfully written, i would give him the benefit of doubt to know his characters better than some tv series writers who are just looking to make a ruckus by showing idiotic things.

so as a ASOIAF lover, i will condemn them for showing something as idiotic as stanis burning his daughter.