test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

manpe

The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

Started by manpe,

887 posts in this topic

I don't know about 7/10 for the last episode. It was fairly good, even if a bit rushed. I'd say 8/10 is more like it. A lot of things happened:

Walk of shame, Arya kills Trant and goes blind, Stannis defeated, Sansa and Theon escape, Myrcella dead?, Jon dead?, Varys & Tyrion etc.

The reason it gets 7/10 rather than 8/10, for me, is twofold:

1) Almost too much happened.

2) Because of the above, there were many loose ends.

spoiler alert

Nights watch vows tells :"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come"

Jon Snow is Azor Ahai. Melissandre will revive him next season and he will break his vows as he is dead, this will also confirm the R+L=J theory as he will be crowned in the end as the true king after defeating the white walkers.

He is the real essence of this book "A song of ice and fire"(he is both Stark and Targaryen, get it?)

thats whats generally expected to happen. so i am guessing the fat sadist will pull another rabbit out of the bag just to prove everybody wrong.

Yep, that's what I think everyone expects to happen - which is why it will happen. George is double-bluffing everyone and everything, but that is, surely, the outcome that offers the most closure.

You're a bitter, bitter man.

Why? Because I'm not lapping up the shit that David Benioff and Dave Weiss are shoving down my throat? I've read more compelling amature fanficition than the last season of GoT.

The repetition of "20 GUD MEN" is example enough of how much the dialogue has degraded.

Shirtless Ramsey vs The Greyjoys was cringe enough.

I liked the last episode - the arya saga was EPIC IMHO - The whole Dornish affair (I hope Bronn can get himself that viper) - there are other things that happened, but I probably gave away too much already - there was soo much that was good about this episode, not sure why people are soo damn bitter about this episode - yes the finale makes me want to see more of the series

Fernando likes this

It upsets me that the Unsullied are portrayed or at the very least perceived as powerful soldiers that know nothing but battle in the GoT universe. If you observe their equipment, it is pretty obvious they are based on the Hellenic hoplite. Leather armour, spear as the main weapon and heavy rounded shields. Yet whenever they are in battle, the show no signs of team-work nor any signs of tactics like the phalanx formation.

What is the point of building them up, yet never showing their battle prowess? It is all well and good being outnumbered and losing a battle but at least make the Unsullied look competent when they are fighting a bunch of untrained merchants with daggers and silk robes. But no, only the 'named characters' get to look good in battles.

Dion, CeleryFC, Mufassir08 and 1 other like this

Haven't read the books, and can't help but wonder why this series is popular besides the seasonal-"mouth open"-shock.

Enjoying other series alot more atm.

Well that was pretty meh. The scenes with Stannis and that Arya killing scene were great, but the rest just really forgettable. Did that scene with the candle suck or what.

The Sand Snakes (or whatever they're called), their little bitch of a leader, Olly and Brienne can all fuck off.

How in the hell we've lost so many quality characters with great character progression and great actors to leave those steaming piles of shits in the show....

iseah100 and Blue-in-me-Veins like this

My money is on Jon Snow being resurrected by Melisandre or Thoros of Myr in full Dandorrion Fire God style btw. That'd make the lack of Lady Stoneheart make complete sense as it will be more of a shock then.

iseah100, Fernando and robdog like this

The Sand Snakes (or whatever they're called), their little bitch of a leader, Olly and Brienne can all fuck off.

How in the hell we've lost so many quality characters with great character progression and great actors to leave those steaming piles of shits in the show....

Bronn & Varys are still around - where is The King's Pimp (Littlefinger) at? He has totally disappeared

Just got to finish watching the episode.

When I was told that Jon Snow had died I couldn't believe it.
But after watching the episode I was like hmmmmm. It has so much of a Jon Snow revival by the red priest then anything else for next season.
Of course we can all be wrong and he is dead for real. Which would be a great shame after putting up a great fight against the white walkers.

I did felt sad for Jamie after finally getting some closure with her daughter. Such a sad and cruel thing, but that's GoT for you!

And yes I so look forward to Cersei revenge next season and more of Tyrion and Varis. Great stuff these two!
robdog and iseah100 like this

Just got to finish watching the episode.

When I was told that Jon Snow had died I couldn't believe it.

But after watching the episode I was like hmmmmm. It has so much of a Jon Snow revival by the red priest then anything else for next season.

Of course we can all be wrong and he is dead for real. Which would be a great shame after putting up a great fight against the white walkers.

I did felt sad for Jamie after finally getting some closure with her daughter. Such a sad and cruel thing, but that's GoT for you!

And yes I so look forward to Cersei revenge next season and more of Tyrion and Varis. Great stuff these two!

Don't forget about Arya - I think she will turn into a She-Devil & start killing everyone off because this last episode will make her heart sooo damn Black

Dion likes this

Yep, that's what I think everyone expects to happen - which is why it will happen. George is double-bluffing everyone and everything, but that is, surely, the outcome that offers the most closure.

or maybe he is triple bluffing. :lol:

BlueLion. likes this

Don't forget about Arya - I think she will turn into a She-Devil & start killing everyone off because this last episode will make her heart sooo damn Black

Honestly, what I'm looking forward to the most is Arya killing everybody. I don't even mind if she doesn't make it to the end of the story alive, as long as she kills plenty of the people who fucked with the Stark family I'm fine. I want sweet revenge.

Essien19, iseah100 and robdog like this

Well at least the Sand Snakes showed great character.. or great tits :tophat:

Brienne is awesome. Uber awesome.