The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

manpe

I don't like how they're deviating from the books so much now.. I realise the story is too extensive to show it ALL on screen but it feels I'm looking at a different story.

Some of the changes are totally unnecessary

I really, really hate to admit it...

But... a little bit of me inside dies with every episode of this season.

There have been some absolutely brilliant moments... but the deviation from the book now seems to be for deviation's sake and nothing else.

This series is starting to suck big time!

What a load of bollocks.

This Ransey dude is boring the shit out of me.

He is getting far too much screen time!

Worse series so far !

And where the fuck is the litte Stark dude who can see through the eyes of animals.

Not one fucking mention of him!

What a load of bollocks.

Worse series so far !

And where the fuck is the litte Stark dude who can see through the eyes of animals.

He's not showing up this season.

He's not showing up this season.

Hiw can they just leave him out for a whole season.

Damn this weeks episode annoyed me.

Think it's because i have a huge thing for Sansa !

"last year we caught up to the end of Brans storyline [in George R.R. Martins most recent A Song of Ice and Fire novel, A Dance with Dragons]. So if we pushed him forward this season, then hes way ahead of where the other characters are."

Starting to think i should abandon the show and cut my losses despite the years of investment.

It's becoming rather repetative. We know the bad guy wins and the good guy gets absolutely humiliated before death.

Thats this show in a nutshell.

What a load of bollocks.

Worse series so far !

I disagree, it isn't even close to being the worst series!

I've had a little think and in some ways I'm glad they're going a separate way to the books.

The show and the books will end the same way. The producers know how to get from A to Z. But there will be extreme differences between the show getting from A to Z from the books getting from A to Z. That means we effectively get two stories.

The show can never, ever top the books (the only TV show/films I've ever seen to actually beat a book are The Lord of the Rings films, and yet even with these films there are some elements in the books that I cannot get my head around them cutting out!!), so we should just accept what we're seeing. Ultimately it's an adaptation, and they're making decisions to merge characters and timelines together to make a more simplistic and congruent story. Remember they don't have 1000 pages for a season; they have a little over 9 hours to cram in an entire book. Let's cut them some slack!

I'm still a little frustrated with a few of the changes, but hey, it's still great entertainment.

I'm still waiting for Gendry to finish his rowing from 2 seasons ago. :D

I think he'll be rowing until the White Walkers turn up and he'll use his famous Baratheon strength to beat them all into submission using the two oars and a length of rope as a pair of improvised giant nunchuks.

Bran's been left out because they've reached the end of his material in the books and to move it forward at this point would be disastrous; I firmly believe Bran's role will be massive in the Battle of Ice and the Battle of Fire.

I disagree, it isn't even close to being the worst series!

I've had a little think and in some ways I'm glad they're going a separate way to the books.

The show and the books will end the same way. The producers know how to get from A to Z. But there will be extreme differences between the show getting from A to Z from the books getting from A to Z. That means we effectively get two stories.

The show can never, ever top the books (the only TV show/films I've ever seen to actually beat a book are The Lord of the Rings films, and yet even with these films there are some elements in the books that I cannot get my head around them cutting out!!), so we should just accept what we're seeing. Ultimately it's an adaptation, and they're making decisions to merge characters and timelines together to make a more simplistic and congruent story. Remember they don't have 1000 pages for a season; they have a little over 9 hours to cram in an entire book. Let's cut them some slack!

I'm still a little frustrated with a few of the changes, but hey, it's still great entertainment.

I think he'll be rowing until the White Walkers turn up and he'll use his famous Baratheon strength to beat them all into submission using the two oars and a length of rope as a pair of improvised giant nunchuks.

Bran's been left out because they've reached the end of his material in the books and to move it forward at this point would be disastrous; I firmly believe Bran's role will be massive in the Battle of Ice and the Battle of Fire.

I'm starting to think that maybe I should read the books!

Episode 6

- Fuck me, the Sand Snakes might be the worst things in the history of this show. All that building up, for 2 minutes of playing with Bronn and Jaime? Another thing Oberyn's daughter was played by probably one of the most terrible actors I've ever seen.

- I loved to hate Joffrey, but I just fucking hate Ramsay.

- For some reason seeing Theon say his actual name in the wedding scene made me really happy.

Probably the best thing said on this episode:

29790355478110792256.png

We all know that each series of GoT is about building up to serious shit happening in episodes 9 and 10 - this season we got an additional dose of motherfuckin' White Walker madness. Lovely stuff. The source material was more rigorously adhered to in this episode.