The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

manpe

You mean

Jon Targaryen?

Correct.

I think Eddard "Morally-Correct" Stark hid Jon away from Robert, who would kill the child should he have found out about another Targ pretender.

That would explain why he describes the mother as merely "some tavern wench" rather than being specific about the actual mother.

And do you really think the honourable Ned Stark would father a bastard?

Correct.

I think Eddard "Morally-Correct" Stark hid Jon away from Robert, who would kill the child should he have found out about another Targ pretender.

That would explain why he describes the mother as merely "some tavern wench" rather than being specific about the actual mother.

What I'm really curious about is what happened at Tower of Joy and what was Lyanna and Rhaegar's relationship.

I'd like to know more about the Knight of the Laughing Tree as well and the Tourney at Harrenhal.

I don't understand, is Littlefinger plotting to take over the throne? How can he possibly do that?

I don't think he's plotting to take over the throne, his ambitions are much bigger than that. I think he's said once that what he wants is everything there is. He wants to go as far as he can go, he won't stop even if he sits on the Iron Throne.

Littlefinger has a fondness of young petite women & that will be his undoing. Khaleesi will seduce Littlefinger & he will be eaten by her dragons. Watch.

Correct.

Damn, and there was me thinking that i was the only one thinking along those lines....

Haha. That theory actually has an awful amount of backing. If you go to http://asoiaf.westeros.org/ you would see that it is amongst the most popular fan theories.

Never read up on the theories usually, but might have to take a look..... That theory has become more and more likely as the books have gone along. So many hints at it.

Seriously going to have to re-read the series very soon :)

Reading this makes me cry inside when I think how long we still have to wait for Winds of Winter :cry: . Let alone the last book.

On the asoiaf forums R+L=Jon is almost as accepted as it can be. I really enjoy reading their Herecy threads sometimes, very interesting stuff there.

Reading this makes me cry inside when I think how long we still have to wait for Winds of Winter :cry: . Let alone the last book.

On the asoiaf forums R+L=Jon is almost as accepted as it can be. I really enjoy reading their Herecy threads sometimes, very interesting stuff there.

I think the show will overtake the books!

Thinking about it, we're on season 3, and we've covered 65% of A Storm of Swords.

Season 4 will therefore cover the remaining part of ASoS, and then begin on the next book(s).

However, with the split for A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons being geographical, they will take a chronological stance with the show. No way they will produce a season without Tyrion, Jon, and Dany.

Thinking about it, in terms of plot, AFFC/ADWD will realistically produce a season and a half at best.

Going by the current projections:

• Season 4 - 2014 - last part of ASoS, first quarter of AFFC/ADWD.
  • Season 5 - 2015 - Remainder of AFFC/ADWD, potentially part of The Winds of Winter.
  • Season 6 - 2016 - TWoW
  • Season 7 - 2017 - A Dream of Spring.

You can't see GRRM having written the two final books in four years, can you?

You can't see GRRM having written the two final books in four years, can you?

Yes you can, because he already knows how it is all going to end and because he is rushing to finish it before dying!

HBO producers already know how the main characters must end, but they have freedom to decide how they are going to get there if they outpace the books...

Well, how long did it take for ADWD to come out? He told everyone he wanted it on shelves by 2007, had a set publication date of July 2008 and we eventually saw it released in early 2011 :lol:

He doesnt have the time anymore, since 2007 he has had 2 heart attacks!

I find it quite stupid to try to guess the ending and read theories and plots on the internet. It takes away all the fun. It happened with a lot of people in Harry Potter, you end up forgetting to enjoy what is going on to start thinking how it will translate to the final book...

I know that, but you can't see him rushing it, can you? He wouldn't produce something below his usual standards. He knows his last two books, whilst being 7/10 reads, are nowhere near the quality of AGoT, ACoK (both 9/10s) and then ASoS (an obvious 10/10 read). He won't want his standards to continue to slip.

I know that, but you can't see him rushing it, can you? He wouldn't produce something below his usual standards. He knows his last two books, whilst being 7/10 reads, are nowhere near the quality of AGoT, ACoK (both 9/10s) and then ASoS (an obvious 10/10 read). He won't want his standards to continue to slip.

I can see him rushing just to finish it himself. I am not saying it will happen, but it is a very plausible possibility...

I all depends in what he really wants. Does he want to have written all seven books himself and not someone else? Then he will rush it. Does he want the books to be perfectly written? Then he will choose a young writter and give him all his notes so he can take the time to finish it in case something bad happens!

Also, it is better to lower your standards then to have no book at all, dont you think?

Which would I prefer? I honestly have no fucking idea, but I would not be surprised if he releases the two books in a 3-4 year period.

The problem is that he has way to many other projects he's currently working on. If he could focus on asoiaf he could finish the series before the show does it IMO.

I also really really hope the books finish before the show, but at the same time I hope he doesn't rush them for the sake of it.

I all depends in what he really wants. Does he want to have written all seven books himself and not someone else? Then he will rush it. Does he want the books to be perfectly written? Then he will choose a young writter and give him all his notes so he can take the time to finish it in case something bad happens!

I'm not sure where I saw it. But I'm pretty sure he mentioned somewhere he's not going to let someone else finish the series.