Homeland - CONTAINS SPOILERS

manpe

This thread is for discussing events in "Homeland", so it will contain spoilers.

showposter.jpg?v=502d5775

So what do you think, where does Brody's loyalty really lie? He seems to be cooperating with the CIA now, but I don't find it believable that he's 100% "returned". He was carefully reprogrammed for 8 years, I doubt he would turn only after 1 interrogation session with Carrie. Although I must admit, that scene was breathtaking. Also, he has withheld information from them. He didn't tell them he copied the list of potential targets from Estes' office. He hasn't told them he killed Tom Walker. He warned Abu Nazir, even though he had no reason to, he could have just watch him die and all would have been done and dusted. It was his choice, which suggests he may be too attached to Nazir and his mission.

But it does look like he's been caught in the middle for far too long now and wants everything go to normal with his family, instead of being a pawn for somebody.

Do you think he might have known about the fake SWAT attack in Gettysburg?

Will Brody use Finn's and Dana's hit and run incident to try and stop Walden from becoming president? Provided he finds out of course, which I think is a matter of time before Dana pours her heart out. Or will he be instructed to kill or somehow hand over Finn once Nazir's people find out he's close to his daughter? I don't think it's irrelevant his daughter is dating the son of the man he was supposed to kill, something will come out of this.

Why does Jessica call her husband by his last name? I mean she is Brody too, her kids are Brody. It would be natural for her to address him as Nick, or is it a military thing? I just find it odd.

Also, Jessica is smoking hot :wub: The show really was pushing for viewers in the first ~4 episodes by showing mad titties.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love this show. 2nd season is moving so fast, but wtf was up with that attack in Gettysburg. That doesn't make sense at all, how do they expect to not raise questions when a terrorist unit walks in dressed as SWAT and takes out like 10 CIA agents. I was not expecting that, definitely not at that magnitude.

Brody does seem like he's willing to cooperate with the CIA but we won't know he's really turned unit Abu Nazir asks him to do something. It'll be interesting how he'll handle something like that.

Also, Claire Danes is an amazing actress. She scares the shit out of me sometimes, pulls off 'crazy' very well.

Worst part though is the criminal lack of Morena Baccarin tits since the early parts of the first season.

Why does Jessica call her husband by his last name? I mean she is Brody too, her kids are Brody. It would be natural for her to address him as Nick, or is it a military thing? I just find it odd.

I'm sure it's his nickname. It used to be very common for people to call each other by their surnames and I have a few friends I still call that way. As for the show itself, it always seems to skirt the line of ridiculous but manages to stay just on the right side of it. Very entertaining show and one tense episode after another.

Going to try to watch this show next week, then decide whether to catch up on episodes i've missed.

Is it before or after Dexter? (hopefully after so i just have to stay on showtime after Dexter is over)

It's after, yes

Homeland has just became another reason i wait for weekend(other than football) so eagerly. It's a brilliant show.

Brody doesn't seem like a guy who is trust worthy, even after his intense session with Carrie. I think, you cannot just wipe out the 8 year torture and brain washing by Abu Nazir with just some sentimental words by Carrie. As Quinn always said "Don't trust him". His allegiance definitely lies with Abu Nazir is what i would like to think.

Mike knows Brody killed Walker. Although he has been warned by the CIA but he will do something regarding it. That will be interesting to see.

Going to try to watch this show next week, then decide whether to catch up on episodes i've missed.

Is it before or after Dexter? (hopefully after so i just have to stay on showtime after Dexter is over)

Sunday nights have gotten ridiculous. Dexter, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, and Treme are all shows that I'll watch (although I am not as crazy about some as others) not to mention the Fox animation stuff which is sometimes OK. The rest of the week has basically nothing.

I wouldn't watch it and decide to catch up. I'd go back and start from where you left off. Some shows you can drift into but a show that relies so much on twists and tension like Homeland, you need to watch sequentially IMO.

Sunday nights have gotten ridiculous. Dexter, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, and Treme are all shows that I'll watch (although I am not as crazy about some as others) not to mention the Fox animation stuff which is sometimes OK. The rest of the week has basically nothing.

I wouldn't watch it and decide to catch up. I'd go back and start from where you left off. Some shows you can drift into but a show that relies so much on twists and tension like Homeland, you need to watch sequentially IMO.

Yeah true, going to try to catch up on Thursday then. And i can't wait for game of thrones to return, epic show.

I dont like LOTR, i switched off half way through the first movie... DEFINATELY WATCH GAME OF THRONES, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

Wow, I didn't think there were people like me out there, I thought I was one of the few not turned on by LOTR.. Will do, sir!

For me, this is the best series alongside Sherlock, by far. (OK, maybe Veep + Parks and Recreation out of the sitcoms match them.)

I think, he is still loyal to Abu Nazir, if it took them 8 years to turn him, I don't think one interrogation is enough to turn him back. Also, when he had that conversation with Roya, there was that weird couple of seconds when they stopped talking beacuse of that guy near them. He could have easily made some kind of signal to her.

Imo, Brody will convince Mike that he didn't kill Tom Walker, because back in season one, there was some kind of barbecue party at them, and if i remember correctly, Brody shot a deer there, so he can explain the missing bullet.

But the best in Homeland is, that predicting what will happen, even in the next episode is kinda impossible, with all the twists.

Also, the previous episode (2x05) will probably reward Damian Lewis, and Claire Danes with another Emmy award.

Imo, Brody will convince Mike that he didn't kill Tom Walker, because back in season one, there was some kind of barbecue party at them, and if i remember correctly, Brody shot a deer there, so he can explain the missing bullet.

Exactly what I thought. He can explain it by shooting the deer. It's also a long shot by Mike to blame him based on a single missing bullet, it could have gone anywhere.

I hear a lot of good about this Game of Thrones... should I give it a go if I'm not into stuff like LOTR?

I've read the Game of Thrones series and seen the show...it's tough. The first book/season is fantasy in name only. It's really a story of medieval political intrigue. As the books go along though, they get more and more into fantasy. Definitely worth watching the first few episodes. If you don't like it, then you can obviously stop, but it's worth giving a chance.

Homeland continues to benefit from positive word of mouth about its rule-breaking second season. The Emmy winning drama drew 2.07 million viewers Sunday night, an increase of 19 percent over the previous week and its largest audience to date. Its lead-in, Dexter, attracted 2.28 million viewers, giving Showtime its first 2 million-plus double header ever.

Good news. Finally! An acclaimed show with great ratings!

I want them to go back and re-visit who gave that terrorist the blade to kill himself in the first season. Saul failed that lie detector - surely that has to go somewhere?

Although I'm pretty convinced Saul and the lie detector test was a red herring. I hope I'm right on that one, but I really don't think Saul is the mole, although I'm sure with the lie detector test they wanted you to wonder. I tend to believe the blade was either from Estes or Brody, or already on the guy. But I do hope they revisit the blade in some way shape or form, to let us know for sure.

There is still the mole in the CIA who hasn't been unmasked yet.