Jackson Martinez

OneMoSalah

Apparently for 32m. Not cheap, but a promising & prolific goal scorer.

I would rather him than Costa. There's something about Costa's injuries that I am almost certain he is prone to injuries.

Martinez, Lukaku, Ferda for me.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Billy. said:

Off to China by the looks of it, another player that just wants money 

Bullet dodged. Never thought he was good enough anyway. Ripped Portuguese league apart, but was quite inefficient in Spain - never a good predicament for EPL, especially Chelsea, where strikers come to die.

17 minutes ago, MefiX19 said:

42 fucking milion euros. From where the fuck those clubs have so much money?

And when you think about all of those poor Chinese people starving... Smh... What this world has come to. 

1 hour ago, Cosmin said:

And when you think about all of those poor Chinese people starving... Smh... What this world has come to. 

Until the recent stock troubles, and even with it, China has been on a steep rise.

The 20th century belonged to the USA

The 21st will most certainly be Chinas.

Good move for Jackson.  30 years old, and a big pay day coming after being "meh" in Spain.

29 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Until the recent stock troubles, and even with it, China has been on a steep rise.

The 20th century belonged to the USA

The 21st will most certainly be Chinas.

Good move for Jackson.  30 years old, and a big pay day coming after being "meh" in Spain.

He is 29 by the way

:Goober:

3 hours ago, Cosmin said:

Are you serious? Your own club is being sponsored by a Russian oligarch/mobster (probably :p). I know several people who left Russia for China to teach English, making three times the money they would have made at home.

This said, the fact they can get a player in his prime for that money is kinda scary. That league is complete shit, so I thought they would only be able to get the 36 year olds wanting some quick cash before their retirement. 

Also, there's a big difference between the Chinese countryside and the major cities. Shanghai & Beijing (the two main ones I've visited) are basically first world cities (with lots of poverty hid away between the skyscrapers, but without any real slums you'd see in India for example). The city centres look awesome. Hong Kong on the other hand is one of the richest cities on the planet. They have less poverty than we do. 

1 minute ago, johnnythefirst said:

Are you serious? Your own club is being sponsored by a Russian oligarch/mobster (probably :p). I know several people who left Russia for China to teach English, making three times the money they would have made at home.

How is Abramovich's example relevant here? 

Well, good for them, but poverty is still a big issue in China. They might have a strong economy, but their political regime doesn't really give too much opportunities to average people. That's why their workforce is so cheap and huge companies exploit people there. A lot of Chinese people really are starving. That's a fact. And now they decide to invest huge amounts of money in a sport that they don't know anything about, in a sport that they don't have tradition in. It would've been understandable to invest in gymnastics, for example. But football? In China? It's really weird. 

1 minute ago, Cosmin said:

How is Abramovich's example relevant here? 

Well, good for them, but poverty is still a big issue in China. They might have a strong economy, but their political regime doesn't really give too much opportunities to average people. That's why their workforce is so cheap and huge companies exploit people there. A lot of Chinese people really are starving. That's a fact. And now they decide to invest huge amounts of money in a sport that they don't know anything about, in a sport that they don't have tradition in. It would've been understandable to invest in gymnastics, for example. But football? In China? It's really weird. 

I was just mentioning the situation in Russia is almost identical. Yes, the lowest of the lowest labour might be less cheap ok, but poverty is a very real thing in Mother Russia as well. Why should English teams be able to spend 50 million on a player but not Chinese clubs? They could have fed a lot of hungry stomachs with the KDB transfer fee as well. It's a complete non argument. 

If anyone is interested in the sporting culture of China read 'Mao's Last Dancer' by Li Cunxin - a Chinese-Austrlaian ballet dancer that fled China to Australian. You may be thinking: "Ballet? Piss off, Spike you mad bastard". Some of the ordeals he went through, physical and emotional hardship to be the best ballet dancer he could makes athletes look like pansies. As a teenager I was fortunate enough to hear a lecture given by him in Brisbane, the emotion carried in his words were phenomenal.

Just now, johnnythefirst said:

I was just mentioning the situation in Russia is almost identical. Yes, the lowest of the lowest labour might be less cheap ok, but poverty is a very real thing in Mother Russia as well. Why should English teams be able to spend 50 million on a player but not Chinese clubs? They could have fed a lot of hungry stomachs with the KDB transfer fee as well. It's a complete non argument. 

Because:

1. Poverty is not a big problem in England.

2. England invented football, basically. Chinese people probably don't give a damn about it, in general.

3. If the situation in Russia is identical, it doesn't make it right.

Of course, these outrageous amounts of money invested in football are a huge general problem, but at least in some contries they are somehow justified as they generate entertainment for people. English people love football, German people love football, Spanish people love football. Chinese people? 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You