The Hobbit

TacticalBlues

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with what you said Alex

It wasnt to bad,Legolas got annoying and there were moments of just wtf why shove that moment in.Defiantly not as good as the last 2 or The 3 Lord of the rings films.Felt something was missing.Still sad at the end when the music plays and its all over

Agree with what you said Alex

It wasnt to bad,Legolas got annoying and there were moments of just wtf why shove that moment in.Defiantly not as good as the last 2 or The 3 Lord of the rings films.Felt something was missing.Still sad at the end when the music plays and its all over

It's a good film. But nothing more than good. Such an anticlimax, but thankfully TLOTR will always be remembered as the definitive Middle Earth retelling.

Third movie was pretty good, I loved it when I left the cinema, but on reflection it was only solid. The romance angle pissed me off to no end. I did like the battle scenes though, but the film could have been shortened by 10...20 minutes...or maybe the length of a film haha. 7/10. Doesn't trouble my movies of the year.

Third movie was pretty good, I loved it when I left the cinema, but on reflection it was only solid. The romance angle pissed me off to no end. I did like the battle scenes though, but the film could have been shortened by 10...20 minutes...or maybe the length of a film haha. 7/10. Doesn't trouble my movies of the year.

Think they could and should have extended by 10-20 minutes. I cannot believe Peter Jackson made it so short, especially when you compare with the length other Hobbit and LOTR movies. This third film, after all, left some questions unanswered and with some additional scenes, they would have made certain parts look more relevant and much more sense.

Think they could and should have extended by 10-20 minutes. I cannot believe Peter Jackson made it so short, especially when you compare with the length other Hobbit and LOTR movies. This third film, after all, left some questions unanswered and with some additional scenes, they would have made certain parts look more relevant and much more sense.

Absolutely. Of the three Hobbit films, this was the one he couldn't afford to cut down. Moronic editing.

Absolutely. Of the three Hobbit films, this was the one he couldn't afford to cut down. Moronic editing.

And the worst part is, Jackson apparently claimed the Extended Version of this third film will contain 30 minutes long of deleted scenes. THIRTY! :doh::rant:

finally watched it today. good film , poor adaption. Its obviously easier to chuck loads of action and unbelievable scenes, than make a successfully film which properly captures the feel of the book. (which lotr did better but not perfect)

good bits:

saruman turning up and bossing it.

thorins "gold madness"

bards eldest daughter :wub:

the scene of bilbo and gandalf on the edge of the shire. just a perfect enviroment

bad bits:

beorn not being used properly

the "jokes" with laketown assistant

legolas running on falling rocks. and legolas in general

tauriel - "why does it hurt so much". because your not in the books

giant worms?

i also think the battle could have been orchestrated better.

overall well worth watching. the hobbit has been a level below lotr, but that was obviously going to happen with 3D and all these fancy stuff.

finally watched it today. good film , poor adaption. Its obviously easier to chuck loads of action and unbelievable scenes, than make a successfully film which properly captures the feel of the book. (which lotr did better but not perfect)

good bits:

saruman turning up and bossing it.

thorins "gold madness"

bards eldest daughter :wub:

the scene of bilbo and gandalf on the edge of the shire. just a perfect enviroment

bad bits:

beorn not being used properly

the "jokes" with laketown assistant

legolas running on falling rocks. and legolas in general

tauriel - "why does it hurt so much". because your not in the books

giant worms?

i also think the battle could have been orchestrated better.

overall well worth watching. the hobbit has been a level below lotr, but that was obviously going to happen with 3D and all these fancy stuff.

I liked Tauriel, and Legolas being in the films certainly isn't beyond the realms of the imagination, but him hand-gliding on a bat and running up falling rocks. Just fuck off. Beorn not being used was criminal, agreed.

Exactly Super legolas seemed to get a lot of focus which could've been used elsewhere

Him jumping on the cave troll's chain and running along it to jump on the beast in The Fellowship of the Ring; followed by surfboarding on a shield down some steps at Helm's Deep in The Two Towers; followed by jumping on the back of a giant Mumak in The Return of the King, killing it's entire crew and then killing the beast by firing three arrows into its neck was enough, I feel.