Chelsea in pole position for Guardiola

Namika

Pep Guardiola continues to go about his day-to-day life in New York as he mulls over his next move. He knows full well that the crème de la crème of European football is licking its lips at the prospect of getting him on board for next season.

The in-demand coach hasn't entered negotiations with anyone yet, although he is believed to be weighing up certain options. Chelsea looks best placed to snap him up, but he won't decide one way or another in 2012. January will get the ball rolling, so to speak, where Guardiola's future is concerned.

Roman Abramovich has long been enamoured with Pep's style of football. Like most of his ilk, the billionaire Chelsea owner is prepared to go all out to get his man. What's more, the Chelsea offer has a lot going for it. The current squad has excellent potential and Abramovich would likely hand Pep a bumper transfer kitty to do with as he pleased.

Another name in the frame is Bayern Munich, which has already sounded out the former Barça boss. Bayern offers the prestige of a historic club. It has an extremely competitive squad – by far the best in the Bundesliga, which it currently tops – and has contested two of the last three Champions League finals.

Where Bayern is at a disadvantage is in terms of money. Although by no means a minnow, the Bavarian giant cannot call on the bottomless pockets available to the magnates in charge at some of the other clubs in for Guardiola's signature.

http://www.marca.com/2012/11/02/en/football/barcelona/1351810965.html

Wtf ?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking hell, not even January yet and we're being linked to him already. Who says Robbie won't go on and win everything we're still in and continue as coach? Shit journalism tbh just reinstating facts we already know. Oh and also Pep if your reading no offence but your not good enough for Chelsea :)

We should look at what Barca are doing though taking club legends that have went and got their coaching badges and became their clubs managers. The legendary players will probably care more about the club being their for so long.

Pep will always be a Barca fanboy first, that alone puts me off. I want Robbie to stay, even if he is shitter, I don't care... he would be our manager even without Roman's money, because he's a true blue.

Club should be standing behind RDM a true Chelsea legend who is doing a tremendous job of changing the style of this club. Been so impressed with the work he has done so far especially given he is reasonable new to management at this lvl.

I don't even know who is the current manager of Barca yet still they are in the pole position of La Liga, really a donkey can manage Barca to achieve good results. Pep is nothing special, yes I said it. Barca legend my ass, stay away from my club.

I don't even know who is the current manager of Barca yet still they are in the pole position of La Liga, really a donkey can manage Barca to achieve good results. Pep is nothing special, yes I said it. Barca legend my ass, stay away from my club.

So true, where is Rijkard now, he won CL with barca, then dissapeared.

For Mou sake, Pep should never come close to this club. I rather have Diego Simeone from Atletico instead, he looks like good tactic man and motivator. Hell, he would take Falcao with him too.

So true, where is Rijkard now, he won CL with barca, then dissapeared.

For Mou sake, Pep should never come close to this club. I rather have Diego Simeone from Atletico instead, he looks like good tactic man and motivator. Hell, he would take Falcao with him too.

Good shout on Simeone! I would love to have him if RDM doesn't deliver. For now I'm extremely thrilled and blessed we've got RDM, Chelsea Legend as both a player and a manager!

Really stupid comment that exposes a criminal lack of football knowledge. I would say that you are better off avoiding topics which you haven't the slightest clue about, in this case Guardiola's impact at Barcelona.