Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

Victor Moses took his spot.

Not too happy about this. Moses is fine and all, but Musonda is an extremely promising talent and we should be using these opportunities to give him experience.

Unless boga is coming along the pre season, it's once more a disencouraging move towards the youth, what are we waiting for in lines of really bringing in some youth instead of buying/dragging mid table players like cuadrado, Moses and salah? Our very own Messi? Could take a few years

He was left out to accommodate Moses.

Although he tweeted this :

https://twitter.com/MusondaCJR/status/620943851168116736

Maybe he was promised to come back after Moses, Cuadrado, Salah and co. will be cleared out. What "even bigger season" can mean otherwise ? On loan ?

And by the way, I can't go to his Instagram. Has he deleted his profile ?

Looks to me it was a last minute decision from Mourinho. Looking at his retweets, he surely feels rejected. https://twitter.com/Musondacjr

Regardless of Moses, his attitude has shown that mentally he's still far from ready to be given a chance in the first team.

If he's going to act like child, then he will do preseason with the kids...

Regardless of Moses, his attitude has shown that mentally he's still far from ready to be given a chance in the first team.

Have I missed something? What did he do?

Just some childish social media messages whining why RLC and Brown were getting chances and not him. And he's gone and done it again indirectly now by with his retweets.

Oh.

I don't think he's going to be a Chelsea player for much longer anyway - as @chelseayouth alluded to earlier Musonda thinks highly enough of himself (and rightly so to be fair) so is unlikely to get caught up in the Chelsea loan game / system. He'll be gone sooner rather than later.

Oh.

I don't think he's going to be a Chelsea player for much longer anyway - as @chelseayouth alluded to earlier Musonda thinks highly enough of himself (and rightly so to be fair) so is unlikely to get caught up in the Chelsea loan game / system. He'll be gone sooner rather than later.

Ability alone is never enough. Josh McEachran is the biggest proof of that. If he doesn't get his attitude sorted out he won't amount to anything here or anywhere else.

Imo it really wasn't as bad as you make it look like, sure he should have kept his mouth shut but I can see why he was so disappointed. I'd be incredibly disappointed as well if someone like Brown got his debut before I did, especially when you're the better player.

Imo it really wasn't as bad as you make it look like, sure he should have kept his mouth shut but I can see why he was so disappointed. I'd be incredibly disappointed as well if someone like Brown got his debut before I did, especially when you're the better player.

That mentality does not belong in a team sport like football.

Now put yourself in Brown's shoes and think how Musonda's posts would have made him feel and what tension that would have created between the two in the dressing room.

Any youngster with the proper mentality to make it at the top level deals with the situation very simply: Encourage your friend who has been given the chance, try to be happy for him, work harder in training to get your own chance.

Anything else means you're not ready to be anywhere near the first team.

Funny thing is though, they already shipped Brown to Vitesse. Tbh, even if he got the same chances as Brown and Solanke, he would've gotten loaned anyway.

That mentality does not belong in a team sport like football.

Now put yourself in Brown's shoes and think how Musonda's posts would have made him feel and what tension that would have created between the two in the dressing room.

Any youngster with the proper mentality to make it at the top level deals with the situation very simply: Encourage your friend who has been given the chance, try to be happy for him, work harder in training to get your own chance.

Anything else means you're not ready to be anywhere near the first team.

Tbh, i don't think he was targetting Brown (or Solanke). He probably just felt that his hard work wasn't recognised. Saying it on social media was a stupid move though.

Tbh, i don't think he was targetting Brown (or Solanke). He probably just felt that his hard work wasn't recognised. Saying it on social media was a stupid move though.

I really doubt his comments were made against Brown, he probably just felt like he also deserved to be given a chance in that game (imo he deserved it more). Who says he didn't encourage Brown for his chance? He probably did and he has every right to be disappointed in not being given a chance, he just made the mistake of showing that disappointment in a stupid Instagram post.

The kid really isn't such a whiny brat as some are making it look like, every interview I've seen of him makes him look like a pretty normal kid who likes to play football and will do everything to become a great player.

Regardless, that's how it would have come across.

No, he doesn't 'have every right' to demand first team football, and neither do any of those youth players. None of them has actually done or accomplished anything in football. They all have EVERYTHING to prove.

I have absolutely no idea what Musonda is like personally but what I've seen from him on social media is frankly not very encouraging, especially that he didn't learn the first time and acted childishly again by making those retweets today.

No, he doesn't 'have every right' to demand first team football, and neither do any of those youth players. None of them has actually done or accomplished anything in football. They all have EVERYTHING to prove.

I have absolutely no idea what Musonda is like personally but what I've seen from him on social media is frankly not very encouraging, especially that he didn't learn the first time and acted childishly again by making those retweets today.

It didn't look like he directed it to Brown for me, I doubt Brown even took it that way.

Wouldn't you be disappointed if you saw someone else given a chance and you didn't after you had a pretty good season? I'd personnally be very very disappointed. I'm not at all saying that he has every right to demand first team football, I'm just saying he has every right to be disappointed.

Hes actually quite down to earth tbh, but he has this fire burning. He always had - even in Anderlecht. We should be very caring fathers. The boy reaaaally wants to play top flight. Plus .... He can pull it off. Sharmoetah, judgement call here, but he will be the next Eden. Only with more ambition [emoji33]