Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

How come Belgium are producing so many great young players? Surely the English Fa can learn a thing or two from them.

English teams seem to try and get every talented youngster abroad, but in the process forget to form their own... How many good, English 17-20 year olds are playing in the PL right now?

Anderlecht alone is playing with three Belgians of no more than 20 in the first team. 15 years ago, they'd have to be Kompany-level or they'd be in the stands for three years until they finally got a chance.

We used to ignore our own youth, making them play defensively as kids, going for the win in stead of learning. We were getting cheap foreigners from Africa and Eastern Europe, while Holland and France were creating talent after talent in their respective academies. Suddenly we weren't able to compete with the richer teams anymore and changed the whole system to survive on the talent and worth of our young players.

This is a very good article explaining it all (by an Englishman I think: http://grantland.com/features/world-cup-2014-belgian-national-team-vincent-kompany-eden-hazard-marouane-fellaini/ ).

There's a lot of immigrants in the UK as well. And it's not until relatively recently that the've really been showing up in our top teams... :)

Just look at the German, Dutch and French teams for example. In Germany in particular, it's only recently as well. In England however, we always fuck shit up, so it's no surprise.

Just look at the German, Dutch and French teams for example. In Germany in particular, it's only recently as well. In England however, we always fuck shit up, so it's no surprise.

Hehe, that was kinda my point. :P

On the other hand, there are still racist assholes in Belgium complaining about how there are no "real Belgians" in the team anymore. The ironic thing is that completely bilingual, smart young people from Brussels like for example Vincent Kompany, might be the last true Belgians left... ;-)

Hehe, that was kinda my point. :P

On the other hand, there are still racist assholes in Belgium complaining about how there are no "real Belgians" in the team anymore. The ironic thing is that completely bilingual, smart young people from Brussels like for example Vincent Kompany, might be the last true Belgians left... ;-)

I'm sure it's mostly among the older generation. You hear that quite a bit from some of them. <_<

Btw, you had players like both Ferdinands, both Coles, Campbell, etc in your national teams... The first African player in the Belgian Squad was Emile Mpenza if I'm correct. That was in '98 or so.

Yeah, and even going back to John Barnes.

this boy vs barca lee seung woo will be cr7 vs messi all over again. as long as our management not fucked this up. they better be!

He is a personal favourite of mine. We wanted to poach him from them, but he signed a professional contract. I rate him higher than Matsour (at least from what I've seen on videos)

• 2 months later...