test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Peppi85

loaned out Charly Musonda Jr.

Started by Peppi85,

1,448 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, the wes said:

Bournemouth want musonda on loan 

Looks like hes a wanted man

Chelsea willingness to loan Charly Musonda sparks interest from Premier League rivals

Chelsea’s willingness to send Charly Musonda on loan for the rest of the season has sparked interest from a host of Premier League clubs. Bournemouth, Watford, Newcastle United and West Bromwich Albion are all thought to have been alerted to Musonda’s availability.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/10/chelsea-willingness-loan-charly-musonda-sparks-interest-premier/

Hope he dosnt go out on loan but send him to Glasgow Rangers if he does!

the wes likes this

Its really hard to know just what is best for him and ultimately us to do with him.

We have been in this situation many times with supposed up and coming stars and they seem to fall by the wayside at no matter what team they are at. And I really don't understand why.

The only thing I come up with is our academy lads alot have been together since children so they grow up knowing each others moves as well as their own. So AS A TEAM they can wipe the floor with opposition and often do so. So when its time for them to go out on the road they often get lost out of their comfort zone. And it would take awhile for them to get that feeling back again. We gotta remember theyre kept in bubbles with us and have a family kinda atmosphere.

So MAYBE cherry picking the best handful and playing them together in certain games MIGHT be better than regular weekly games.

Or then again its more probably down to the individual. I really dunno.

Typical Libran 52b03ee6659f48f3520fb859bea9bd94.gif

manpe and mccg like this

50 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Its really hard to know just what is best for him and ultimately us to do with him.

We have been in this situation many times with supposed up and coming stars and they seem to fall by the wayside at no matter what team they are at. And I really don't understand why.

The only thing I come up with is our academy lads alot have been together since children so they grow up knowing each others moves as well as their own. So AS A TEAM they can wipe the floor with opposition and often do so. So when its time for them to go out on the road they often get lost out of their comfort zone. And it would take awhile for them to get that feeling back again. We gotta remember theyre kept in bubbles with us and have a family kinda atmosphere.

So MAYBE cherry picking the best handful and playing them together in certain games MIGHT be better than regular weekly games.

Or then again its more probably down to the individual. I really dunno.

Typical Libran 52b03ee6659f48f3520fb859bea9bd94.gif

At this point of the season and with Cfc still in 4 comps , having such a small squad it makes little sense on afew levels to let Charly go out on loan , he should be able to get enough game time ,then take stock on how well he does and make choice next season?!

Unionjack likes this

8 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

Fine vision and execution.

Immense. Been waiting for him to translate that part of his game to the senior level, and we saw some flashes today. Really nice cameo. Deserves more game time imo. Would like to see a Hazard Morata Musonda front three. 

Injuries have stalled him big time. I feel like Conte likes him enough to have used him a lot more this season. 

mccg likes this

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

Immense. Been waiting for him to translate that part of his game to the senior level, and we saw some flashes today. Really nice cameo. Deserves more game time imo. Would like to see a Hazard Morata Musonda front three. 

Injuries have stalled him big time. I feel like Conte likes him enough to have used him a lot more this season. 

On the contrary, I don't think Conte rates him very much but that could be due to how lightweight Charly is. There have been plenty of times Conte could've trusted Charly and given him playing time but preferred not to and yes his injuries have been very annoying. I can't help but feel that if Charly had been at some other club, he would've already had his big breakout year and we would have been clamoring for his signature. 

10 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

On the contrary, I don't think Conte rates him very much but that could be due to how lightweight Charly is. There have been plenty of times Conte could've trusted Charly and given him playing time but preferred not to and yes his injuries have been very annoying. I can't help but feel that if Charly had been at some other club, he would've already had his big breakout year and we would have been clamoring for his signature. 

Valid points. His football brain is very good, it’s just about getting up to speed in the top level in a team where he’s surrounded by good players in a good system. And, like you said, he needs to add a few more pounds on so that he feels more comfortable playing at the top level - sometimes I do feel like he gets brushed off too easily. He does look a little bit bigger though.

Would love to see a Hazard Morata Musonda front three but it’ll never happen under Conte. 

yuvala likes this

Charly lack of playing I think comes down to three things. 1) fitness/injuries 2)his size 3) the social media post earlier in the year .. We all know Conte holds grudges and it took Charly working hard in training cleaning up his act on social media and working at staying healthy to get him near the squad like this again.. I believe he continues working hard and puts on some additional mass and he could really be something special for us

yuvala likes this

2 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Valid points. His football brain is very good, it’s just about getting up to speed in the top level in a team where he’s surrounded by good players in a good system. 

Would love to see a Hazard Morata Musonda front three but it’ll never happen under Conte. 

Yeah he just needs regular playing time to show and hone his talent. I just don't see him making it over here right now which is a shame. We already have Barkley, Eden, Pedro and Willian for the forward positions and even if one or both of Willian and Pedro leave in the summer then they will be or at least I hope will be replaced by players like Fekir or Lemar not to mention the possibility of the return of RLC who could also play as inside forward in a pinch so I don't see any room for Charly which is a sad as we both know he has got the talent to make it over here. I'd like a 2 year loan for him akin to Christensen's in the hope that he develops himself mentally and physically during his loan spell and after the end of it who knows there might be openings for Charly over here.

The Skipper likes this

When you think we only have Morata-Batman-Willian-Hazard-Pedro as our main attacking threat , we need pimping up in this area 4sure , hope Charly is part of the answer , but if we are to improve we probly need another next Robben/Hazard in the side also plus a striker blah blah blah