Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

Anyone know what is going on with Charly? Everyone is saying to upgrade the winger position coming into next season, but how about giving Charly a run to possibly give Pedro and Willian some competition? 

Might just be me, but the kid has pace, technique, is a two footed player and is quite direct in his play. Deserves a shot IMO. He is quite weak, but something that can be worked on. 

3 hours ago, Thor said:

Anyone know what is going on with Charly? Everyone is saying to upgrade the winger position coming into next season, but how about giving Charly a run to possibly give Pedro and Willian some competition? 

Might just be me, but the kid has pace, technique, is a two footed player and is quite direct in his play. Deserves a shot IMO. He is quite weak, but something that can be worked on. 

Out of those kids I think Traore has the biggest chance of being in our squad next year :) Musonda didn't make the bench when even Kenedy was in starting 11 ... I don't think Conte rates him as highly as some fans do ;) 

We need a proper RW (Sanchez?) who can make an instant impact and Traore can take bench role :) 

He's almost on par with Hazard if not exactly on par in terms of ball control. Not dribbling or crossing, but his vision, his creativity & execution of passes are all top tier. Hazard has him beat in movement, dribbling, scoring, & using his body better.

He lacks the body & IMO the stamina. He's built for Serie A. I think the structure of La Liga does the opposite of benefit him. There's only 3 or so teams in that league in which a player like Musonda can take strides, and the only 1 he'd be able to start for (Atletico) play a style counter-intuitive to his. But in Italy, he has the ability to start for & could make himself a European household name, at - Roma, Juventus if he first played for another Serie A club and impressed, Lazio, Napoli, even either of the Milan clubs. All clubs would let him flourish and all clubs would benefit from what he brings. The only other teams outside of Italy you can say that for are Man City, Monaco & Dortmund.

I've never seen a more talented player at youth level, for any club, so we must ensure he makes it, even if it's abroad and not with us. He can't become a Marco van Ginkel or a Lucas Piazon. 

2 hours ago, jernej93 said:

Out of those kids I think Traore has the biggest chance of being in our squad next year :) Musonda didn't make the bench when even Kenedy was in starting 11 ... I don't think Conte rates him as highly as some fans do ;) 

We need a proper RW (Sanchez?) who can make an instant impact and Traore can take bench role :) 

He's been injured for a quite long time now. That's why he didn't make the bench.

On 27/05/2017 at 10:41 AM, Thor said:

I'm with you maybe 60% of the way. My view is that Charly should be looked at on tour, but I base that only on an appreciation of his talent. I do not believe he has yet shown enough to support the idea that he deserves a shot here.

Talent is the most important attribute for sure, but it doesn't amount to much unless used well and Charly did not do that at Betis. I know there were a lot of hysterical reactions to a few good moments, in a few games, but more sober judgements were bound to prevail in the end. Charly's contributions in La Liga were not good enough. Losing his place in the side was an inevitability, but that's not the end of the world for a talented young footballer. I'm sure Charly was disappointed at not regaining a starting place either at the end of his first loan spell, or during the second, but if that experience has taught him that a few flashy bits and pieces won't get the job done, then that could benefit him in the long run.

• 1 month later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4658004/amp/Celtic-s-Brendan-Rodgers-close-deal-Charly-Musonda.html

Charly linked to Celtic fs Charly should be loaned out to better league fs my pub football team would beat half off  the Scottish teams awful league to develop your talent 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4658004/amp/Celtic-s-Brendan-Rodgers-close-deal-Charly-Musonda.html

Charly linked to Celtic fs Charly should be loaned out to better league fs my pub football team would beat half off  the Scottish teams awful league to develop your talent 

Might get even worse m8 ....paper talk a £5 mill sell . 

Wonderkid Charly Musonda next Chelsea prospect to head for the exit?https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2017/7/2/15908126/charly-musonda-chelsea-celtic-5m-exit-transfer-rumor

2 hours ago, Leif said:

If we sell him I go from loving the club to being a casual fan.

Supporters like you make me lol try supporting chelsea in the 80's and early 90's when we were shit that's what u call a real supporters not a supporter who says he will turn into casual fan if we sell Musonda 

5 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Chelsea youth policy is a good business policy, but a horrible football policy. 

I guess you could say that, but it seems like most players that are bought/come out of the academy just aren't good enough to be thrown in.

Musonda's time in Spain wasn't exactly a massive success for a few reasons, so what were the chances Conte would use him. 

1 minute ago, the wes said:

Lets be honest mate most of them are not good enough 

My thoughts exactly with the few exceptions being hyped up for no real reason. The loan set up right now seems to auditions for other clubs rather than Conte (and managers gone).

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I guess you could say that, but it seems like most players that are bought/come out of the academy just aren't good enough to be thrown in.

Musonda's time in Spain wasn't exactly a massive success for a few reasons, so what were the chances Conte would use him. 

My thoughts exactly with the few exceptions being hyped up for no real reason. The loan set up right now seems to auditions for other clubs rather than Conte (and managers gone).

Loan system seem to be money making thing for chelsea atm

Read that link chelsea have made £100m from players who made zero appearances for the club or a few appearances for the club

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/823735/Chelsea-transfers-flops-100m-Romelu-Lukaku-sportgalleries

58 minutes ago, the wes said:

Loan system seem to be money making thing for chelsea atm

Read that link chelsea have made £100m from players who made zero appearances for the club or a few appearances for the club

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/823735/Chelsea-transfers-flops-100m-Romelu-Lukaku-sportgalleries

That's very disappointing in all fairness. More of a business than anything else in that regard.

Only player we've bought young and has become a starter (in recent times) is Thibo. 

Musonda has all the ability in the World to become as good as Neymar, Ronaldo ect. It's his physical stature that really lets him down. He is built like a toothpick, with no signs of beefing up.