Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

1 hour ago, Kieran. said:

You're talking about black people right? I think it has to do with Belgium's colonization in Africa, in Congo, Zambia, etc

Afro belgians, not the hair.  There are many black belgian footballers, but I would like to know how many % blacks represents in belgian population. For example, If you look at France NT in recent years and french footballers around the world, you would get the feeling France is a black country, but actually blacks are about only 5% of french population. 

18 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Well said.

If Charly has even just one or two more performances at the level he showed last night then Wilmots would almost have to call him up. Tielemans on the other hand does not look even close to being selected. I'm tempted to ask, "Who is really the one that has wasted his time?", but that would be unfair. Unfair because I think if Youri had moved to Chelsea, and Charly had stayed in Belgium, then Charly would still be the one pushing for a place in the squad this summer. Charly is, in my opinion, simply the better player.*

*I must point out however that I have only seen Tielemans play three times so this may not be the most valid opinion I've ever formed.

Totally different players, but I would prefer Musonda as well if I had to chose.

But for the record: Tielemans is immense. Incredible passing game, shooting, technique and vision. He'll make it for sure.

7 hours ago, Henrique said:

Afro belgians, not the hair.  There are many black belgian footballers, but I would like to know how many % blacks represents in belgian population. For example, If you look at France NT in recent years and french footballers around the world, you would get the feeling France is a black country, but actually blacks are about only 5% of french population. 

Your comparison with France is pretty exact. Same thing in Belgium.

Half of the belgian national football team have got foreign roots. I don't really know why that is. Probably because of social factors. Maybe genetics also play a part.

10 hours ago, Henrique said:

Genuine question: are there so many afros in Belgium, or its something related with football?

Far more Moroccans and Turkish than Afrobelgians. That is from my expierience in Antwerp, don't know about other regions especially in Walloons.

18 hours ago, Shakez said:

I don't think Charly wasted that much time tbh. He's already playing in a bigger league than Tielemans (who's stagnating at Anderlecht to be fair), and is enjoying regular playing time. Depending on injuries, he might even make the euros because Wilmots was scouting him yesterday. Im pretty sure Wilmots will call him up for one of the upcoming friendlies. Lukaku and DeBruyne both wasted time moving up the ranks, and see where they are now. If he's good enough (and i know he is), he'll reach the top anyway. 

For now, let's just keep him at Betis for another year and bleed him back in once we have some stable management. He'd get hacked to bits like Hazard if he would play here now, he'll get more protection from the refs in La Liga.

You sure that he will be called ? I remember his interview with one of Belgian papers in September 2014. He was so eager to impress and said that he dreams to play in Euro 2016. And I thought "Is he for real ? He is playing in youths at the moment". That's why he was waisted imo but if he can make last-ditch call-up before tournament that would be fantastic.

18 hours ago, Shakez said:

I don't think Charly wasted that much time tbh. He's already playing in a bigger league than Tielemans (who's stagnating at Anderlecht to be fair), and is enjoying regular playing time. Depending on injuries, he might even make the euros because Wilmots was scouting him yesterday. Im pretty sure Wilmots will call him up for one of the upcoming friendlies. Lukaku and DeBruyne both wasted time moving up the ranks, and see where they are now. If he's good enough (and i know he is), he'll reach the top anyway. 

For now, let's just keep him at Betis for another year and bleed him back in once we have some stable management. He'd get hacked to bits like Hazard if he would play here now, he'll get more protection from the refs in La Liga.

It's not about being in a bigger league at that age in my eyes, it's about playing as much as you can and about getting experience playing against non-U21 teams. He still wasted time, since any smart manager would have given him either a chance or a loan more than a year ago.

21 hours ago, TheIceMan said:

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH, U R so ridiculous it's not even funny! But I'm gonna laugh anyway!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Funnyman. Tell me how many of your prized youngsters made it to the first team and stayed there for more than a couple of games since John Terry in the late nineties?

There you go.

29 minutes ago, Jeronimo123 said:

Half of the belgian national football team have got foreign roots. I don't really know why that is. Probably because of social factors. Maybe genetics also play a part.

Black guys are just ridiculously good at sports. That's why 80% of the NBA is black. :P

On 3 March 2016 at 10:08 PM, Pizy said:

José being gone is indeed a very good thing when it comes to Musonda. The problem is (if you can really call it a problem) that the club and new manager will Ben of desperate to get back to the top that a top player may be brought in that plays the same position.

I'd hate to see a Pogba situation here where everyone can see his talent but he isn't given a chance, moves clubs, and becomes a superstar. Already rumors of several of our rivals sniffing around.

We don't necessarily need to buy another player/superstar in the AM strata, we seem to be pretty stacked there, especially if Hazard stays and regains form. I'd be happy with any combination of Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Kenedy, Oscar, Musonda or Traore/Boga next season tbh. If we wanted to improve there I'd simply sell Oscar and upgrade on him. 

Deportivo (second game): 6/10.

All the other games: At least 8/10.

There is no clear improvement, he started at a world class level already. People maybe think they see improvement because Deportivo was not as good as his other games.

8 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

You sure that he will be called ? I remember his interview with one of Belgian papers in September 2014. He was so eager to impress and said that he dreams to play in Euro 2016. And I thought "Is he for real ? He is playing in youths at the moment". That's why he was waisted imo but if he can make last-ditch call-up before tournament that would be fantastic.

For one of the upcoming friendlies id say probably yes, now that KDB will be out for those. Wilmots is already scouting him, and he's always been a big advocate for youth in the past, examples: Bakkali, Januzaj, Ferrerra, Denayer, Praet, Tielemans, etc. If he will take him to the euros is a different matter. That will depend on injuries mostly because our AM department is quite stacked with Hazard, Mertens, Chadli, KDB, Ferrera-carrasco, Mirallas... But you never know, Origi was also a surprise call up at the World Cup.

18 hours ago, Jeronimo123 said:

Definitely also genetics. The fathers of Lukaku, Musonda and Origi were all professional football players that came to play in Belgium.