Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

Nothing wrong, you guys have last season's best players of Premiere League and Bundesliga, currently third national team in Fifa ranking. Of course some Brazilian, Spanish and Italian fans will be jealous and will sound salty. If this interview actually happened Musonda just gave them an opportunity to attack all Belgian players.

Thanks dude, apparently we'll be first on the ranking next month. Sadly because we won against your country, but at least you guys came to Brussels actually willing to play ball.

Don't think its anything to do with him being Belgian. It's more to do with young players getting too much fame and money without barely kicking a ball in first team football.

You should see all our youth team players and U21 players on instagram. All of them have new flashy 15 plate cars. money gets to them and for a lot of them their focus goes from football and is more on materialistic things and impressing girls.

You should see all our youth team players and U21 players on instagram. All of them have new flashy 15 plate cars. money gets to them and for a lot of them their focus goes from football and is more on materialistic things and impressing girls.

Hah, luckily I've avoided instagram in general. But I think stuff like that was a big reason to McEachrans downfall, so few youngster seems to be able to handle it. But at the same time, we need to pay them big money to choose us instead of other clubs, its kind of a dilemma.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently, Musonda is gonna leave in January. There are reports that both Arsenal and Monaco want to improve their bid to 15 million (they offered 10 million in the summer): http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/617227/Arsenal-News-Joel-Campbell-Chelsea-Tottenham-Transfer-News-Gossip.

AS Monaco are saying they can guarantee Musonda a starting place. They want him on a permanent basis, but would also opt for a loan if Chelsea doesn't want to sell. Wenger is also keen about Musonda and are keeping check about his current situation.

Gotta say 15 million is a lot of money, i don't think Chelsea can still deny these offers. I would rather want if they loan him out, because selling him to Monaco i can see him ending up at Arsenal either way in 3 years times (if he keeps progressing like he is currently). Charly also said in a recent interview that he's gonna play in january, at Chelsea or elsewhere.

may as well sell him. will never come to anything under mourinho , get the cash in. don't hold up his career.

I agree, but if we sell him. he'll end up at PSG, Arsenal or any other team in a couple of years. AS Monaco are pretty notorious at the moment in developing youngsters and selling them for big bucks.

On the other hand, it doesn't look like Mourinho is interested in the small/technical players from our academy (Colkett, Boga, Musonda). He prefers physical beasts like Ola Aina and Loftus-Cheek (although they barely get any chances). So i can see Mourinho not too bothered to sell him instead of loaning him out.

Wow... Teams are ready to splash 15m for a kid that has never played professional football and yet we manage to give him 0% chances ? What the hell ? And the worst thing is that next year we will buy ten average talents for 10m each just to send them on loan or whatso... What is the problem ? There lies a huge incoherence.

And did we not learn anything with de Bruyne ? We sold him for 'decent' money—one year after that his price tag went on from 20-ish millions to 60-ish millions... And that only because he had the possibility to play...!

This situation—if true—then it highlights two problems. When we have a special talent we fail to recognize him and instead we rather buy thousand of average ones. And the second one is that we cannot even manage to conclude good deals. I mean, the money we received from de Bruyne looks now ridiculous when his current price tag is considered. If you don't want to keep the player for x or y reason, okay that's fine. But at least play him or send him on loan to get the highest fee possible instead of gifting it to the other teams for fuck sake.

As always a good post. My god, i miss you on here Peace.

He'll never shine under Mourinho. He just doesn't value technical quality in players.

So sell him and put a buy back clause so that we can get him back on the cheap in future

Don't forget his obvious lack of height and lightweight frame.

A death sentence under Mourinho.

It will kill me to see him go to Arsenal because i know they will give him chances and I can't bare to see him flourish at them. We really need to see sense with this player. However not surprised considering what we have done with our talents before. Also would not surprise me to see if there is any link between him and Hazard. They are very close with each other and perhaps one will be followed out by the other. I hope not but can easily see it going that way.