Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

It didn't look like he directed it to Brown for me, I doubt Brown even took it that way.

Wouldn't you be disappointed if you saw someone else given a chance and you didn't after you had a pretty good season? I'd personnally be very very disappointed. I'm not at all saying that he has every right to demand first team football, I'm just saying he has every right to be disappointed.

No, I really honestly wouldn't. I've been in similar situations when I played basketball for my uni and a local club, and when you're really of the team, you don't think about for a second. You support your team and teammates wholeheartedly.

Hes actually quite down to earth tbh, but he has this fire burning. He always had - even in Anderlecht. We should be very caring fathers. The boy reaaaally wants to play top flight. Plus .... He can pull it off. Sharmoetah, judgement call here, but he will be the next Eden. Only with more ambition [emoji33]

He certainly has the talent, which means we should be much tougher to make sure that he also has the mentality and doesn't throw all the talent away.

In any case, we should be nurturing our best academy players, not ditching them for expressing disappointment on Twitter. They're kids, they'll have plenty time to develop a professional attutude, i think it's retarded how people judge them based on social media posts.

Right, he's 18 ffs. I was 18, probably more recently than most on here, and he didn't do anythi wrong imo.

No, I really honestly wouldn't. I've been in similar situations when I played basketball for my uni and a local club, and when you're really of the team, you don't think about for a second. You support your team and teammates wholeheartedly.

He certainly has the talent, which means we should be much tougher to make sure that he also has the mentality and doesn't throw all the talent away.

Well imo you can still fully support the team and be disappointed at the same time, I don't really see what's wrong with being disappointed, it just shows he really wants to show what he can do. Ofcourse he should just keep it for himself but I personally can completely understand him being disappointed, it doesn't bother me at all.

I think we should be much better coaching him Chou Chou. Being much tougher is what right wingers do. The entire belgian concept has been around people coaching- man management. Even taking out the competition element all together. Im a friend of Henk Mariman in Belgium which I advised on training related to developmental/genetic progress, eg. Young guns from 10-15 need a LOT of techincal, close football training (the belgians will know) and we adhere an evidence based matter on training youngsters.

In other countries, this isn't really happening. It is not a coincidence Belgium is farting talent. Some think it is a freak generation. It isn't. Its about coaching young guns. Mou is right. Yes he is. But on youngsters, my vote is OXI.

I think we should be much better coaching him Chou Chou. Being much tougher is what right wingers do. The entire belgian concept has been around people coaching- man management. Even taking out the competition element all together. Im a friend of Henk Mariman in Belgium which I advised on training related to developmental/genetic progress, eg. Young guns from 10-15 need a LOT of techincal, close football training (the belgians will know) and we adhere an evidence based matter on training youngsters.

In other countries, this isn't really happening. It is not a coincidence Belgium is farting talent. Some think it is a freak generation. It isn't. Its about coaching young guns. Mou is right. Yes he is. But on youngsters, my vote is OXI.

Problem is that is the exact opposite 'philosophy' for youth development in England. It would be difficult to change it, imo.

He'll be gone anyway. Wenger loves the kid apparently, he'll get chances there.

If we sell him to Arsenal we're definitely going to regret it and I'm going to be very pissed, he could easily get in our team in a few years, he's just as talented as Hazard if not more.

I'm so tired of this guy. He just have 18 years and wants a place in a TOP squad. And that's not gonna happen. If he doesn't have a chance, maybe is because he doesn't deserve a chance.

No he doesn't want a place, he wanted to be given a chance. Which he clearly deserved more than Brown.

And if you think he's a spoiled brat or something go watch his interviews, he's just a normal kid who wants to be given a chance.

what the fuck is wrong with people on here. i mean seriously...

an 18 year old who will not have any part to play in the season is not taken to a PRE-SEASON tour and people are acting as if we are selling musonda to arsenal. un fucking believable.

Also, i find it strange that he is not training with the loan group like Jeremie Boga. What are Chelsea gonna do with him now? I just hope he doesn't waste another year playing for the U21's hoping for some first-team minutes in cup games.

He's too good for the U21s and not really ready for Chelsea attacking-midfield. So, it's a really tough spot for him.

There are three options open to the club:

1) Take a chance on him and throw him out here in proper matches to blood him.

2) Loan him out for a season to a professional team that will give him proper game time.

3) Sell him.

I don't think Musonda spending another year in the U21s is helpful at all. He's ready to step up. I don't see why we can't play him in cup games. Throw him out wide in an attacking three of Musonda-Willian-Cuadrado and see what happens.

And honestly, can Charly do any worse than the half-dozen games Cuadrado played? Juan was dog shit poor, and yet Jose has faith in him and thinks he'll come through. Why not show that faith in a youth player? Why does he reserve faith for the likes of Falcao and Cuadrado who may come through and not Musonda who may also come through. All three are a risky play. Of those three, i'd put faith in Musonda at this point.

Game time can only benefit someone this good. He's not one of those that is going to crumble mentally if he has a bad game. He has future top player written all over him.

And this is the point some people don't understand, Players like Musonda don't need us. he will always be coveted by the top clubs and given opportunity at a big club that's willing to offer him that opportunity. His case is quite similar to Pogba. As long as he maintains his performance level, continues to develop and his reputation as arguably the best youth talent in his age group remains intact, he has little to worry about, career wise.

So if we lose him (which will be stupid considering the compromise we made in order to lure him here in the first place) it's our loss not his.

That about sums it up. He's far too good to keep playing U-21 football. The very best prospects get first team games in the first divisions usually before they hit 18. Neymar, Rooney, Hazard, Messi, Wilshere, Fabregas, Iniesta etc

I can see him forcing a move to another club ala Pogba as you've already mentioned if he makes no further progress this season. He knows he's good enough. Every big club would be in for him.