Refereeing Technology

Spike

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get some decent refs tbh never mind technology!

They could still make mistakes / be bought.

Videotape proof is way more reliable and easy.

No need for Refereeing technology , just ban Clattenburg & Webb.

Like England is everything...

Chelsea is everything for me :D

We need technology !

You should remeber we were already got robbed in 2 UCL SemiFinals and it was not neither of them.

CFC might be everything for you, but this discussion is far more important than you. It is basically about the evolution of the biggest sport in the world...

How many teams have to be roobbed points, trophies and tons of money until technology is introduced? There is no controversy in those decisions, everyone can see it and make the right verdict only the referee misses it. From my TV i could when Lampard scored against Germany the ball was a yard over the line. I could see it from my TV Evans caught Torres, I could see from my TV, Hernandez was offside, why can't the ref? All it would take would be another guy sitting in front of a TV from where he can easily tell offside and goal decisions.

http://www.101greatg...chester-united/

this gif shows it was a blatant dive. there was no contact at all. ivanovic jumped over young's legs. Young fell, deliberately disturbing his own stride.

It depends. I am for instant replay but there need to be limits. You can't do instant replay on every single off-side decision or foul. There are just too many of them and the game would slow to a crawl. Maybe if you limited replay only to goals and possible goals. I don't mind when officials miss a call once in a while, it happens, what bothers me is when they try to insert themselves into games and make horrible decisions.

Each team should have 2 challenges per game applyable on any decisions they want. i would go for goals, penalties and red cards here. They can only be used them when the game is interrupted. Any events happened as a result of the challenged decisions while play was not interrupted yet are annulled if the decision is proven wrong.

In Australia sports of cricket and rugby league have been bastardised and changed for the worse due to over reliance of technology. Rugby league games can be severly slowed by the referee delegating nearly all decisions to the video ref and not only that but the video ref constantly make controversial calls. Rules have even be changed to accomodate the video ref and make him more 'comfortable' during the process.

If technology is introduced it should be in the vein of tennis. The captain gets to challenge two referee decisions per match and that's it. If not the video ref will alter the nature of the game too much and that can be a very bad thing, trust me I know from experience

This probably sounds ironic and strange however I think part of the beauty of this game is the human fukk ups (or corruption).

It generates so much emotion and I think that's a big part of the game.

I've actually argued for video technology in the past but when i weigh the pluses and minuses I come to the conclusion that victory is so much sweeter after all the pain and suffering.

This probably sounds ironic and strange however I think part of the beauty of this game is the human fukk ups (or corruption).

It generates so much emotion and I think that's a big part of the game.

I've actually argued for video technology in the past but when i weigh the pluses and minuses I come to the conclusion that victory is so much sweeter after all the pain and suffering.

I dont see how clubs losing shit loads of money, fans getting in riots because of bad calls is a positive to the game. But sure, if you get thrills over being frustrated at the decisions, good for you.

I'm for it, but only game changing decisions i.e Pea faces goal, or a red card that is boarder line like Ivanovic's.. But NOT every single challenge in the run of play. That would just be silly.

In Australia sports of cricket and rugby league have been bastardised and changed for the worse due to over reliance of technology. Rugby league games can be severly slowed by the referee delegating nearly all decisions to the video ref and not only that but the video ref constantly make controversial calls. Rules have even be changed to accomodate the video ref and make him more 'comfortable' during the process.

If technology is introduced it should be in the vein of tennis. The captain gets to challenge two referee decisions per match and that's it. If not the video ref will alter the nature of the game too much and that can be a very bad thing, trust me I know from experience

agree, but imo it's the manager who gets to challenge the referee twice instead.

one of the assistant managers should be given a small tv to watch the game live and see replays of fouls. because the captain might be on the other side of the pitch and won't be able to see as clearly as the assistant manager. who also won't have to stop playing to watch replays.

maybe the assigned assistant manager should also be able to run up-and-down the sideline to better see the fouls.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell if that goal was offside or not.

Many major sport leagues already use technology to enhance the quality and integrity of the sport, why is football so upheld about it?