Is Torres the man to lead our attack?

Strike

Quite clearly no. He needs to be sold cause we have already seen his moody bad side as long as there's just a bit of competition up front with Drogba.

He annoys me in every match I watch with him, he doesn't work very hard and he slows down the play all the time, even with good looking counters he stops up and tries to slow the play down, just for him to try and dribble past two defenders instead of just passing it, the play style has changed since he came here and he still just doesn't work properly in the team. Chelsea needs a real quality striker and Torres isn't that, there's huge quality all around on the team except for the forward position. It will be hard to find a club willing to pay his wages though.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite clearly no. He needs to be sold cause we have already seen his moody bad side as long as there's just a bit of competition up front with Drogba.

He annoys me in every match I watch with him, he doesn't work very hard and he slows down the play all the time, even with good looking counters he stops up and tries to slow the play down, just for him to try and dribble past two defenders instead of just passing it, the play style has changed since he came here and he still just doesn't work properly in the team. Chelsea needs a real quality striker and Torres isn't that, there's huge quality all around on the team except for the forward position. It will be hard to find a club willing to pay his wages though.

Maybe Roman can persuade one of the Russian clubs to take him?

YELL NO!!!!!! when it comes to the point a club cannot bring another top quality striker in to compete because Torres will be sad was my braking point. This is not Torres fc but CHELSEA FC and one players interest does not come to the forefront rather the clubs best interest. Imaging mata saying if we signed hazard and oscar he will be sad due to competition.This as i said is CHELSEA FC not liverpool, or athletico madrid were he could do what he wants. As it stands bring me FALCAO, if he doesnt like it he can go and fuckin blast and whine to the media and whoever he wants....... having the nerve to say " i didnt care if chelsea lost if i wasnt playing..." Just sums things up for me.GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS= wouldnt u know it comes sunday he scores a hattrick...BASTURD!!!

If you watch how Lewandowski pounced on a mistake by Madrid this morning, pinched the ball sprinted past the remaining defenders and belted it past Casillas near side, It makes you wonder how good we would be with a competent striker. RVP up front for us, I'd bet my life and the treble.

This season is THEE season - after this we should have a confirmed status of his nature at the club, at the moment, i am torn due to his goals and work ethic in some games, and the same reason in others. Falcoa swap should be the deal that will end with his leaving if it is though. Would think he wouldn't mind going back to Athletico, and i think he will find his form once again there and retire, ala Forlan but not pissing off to Inter. No consistency is the problem, better then the last year and a bit - but not enough for him to become the leading man game-by-game. Danny has terrific talent which can only develop better with more time, but if that time is wasted on players who can't reporoduce the same kind of performance in more then one match per four, then i don't thinkwe should bother.

the growing consensus is that torres is just a waste of space at chelsea. well, unless he does something spectacular tomorrow, i'd say time's running out for him. if he doesn't kick start his chelsea career now, he never will

We need someone who will convert those great chances that he has been getting. And its not like it has to be falcoa, but someone who is a clinical finisher. Even someone like defoe. He is a great finisher from around the box. If we had him upfront this season we would have scored a hell of a lot more. Our start of the season however has been extremely good in terms of results, but it won't be long when those one on ones will really matter and we don't want to see that happen. We can only ask torres to do his best, but if his best is not good enough for us then alternate options need to be found and as of right now that man is daniel sturridge.

Now come on torres, prove us all wrong tommorrow. :)

Even though Drogba may have said things to the press about the club in his first few seasons, he still backed his mouth. Torres has come out a few times now and bagged the way he has been treated, said he couldn't care less about our CL win and said he didn't care if we won or lost. This is what pisses me off about him.. This is Chelsea! Love it or fuck off!

He has one of the highest salaries in the club, wears number 9, plays almost every game.

Can't play as an actual striker and complains about teammates.

He's pulling the club down.

BUT I feel Torres fans so let's give him another chance he will comeback :)

people are way to harsh on Torres, give the guy THIS season to prove himself. the team can finally play the sort of football Torres craves for, he's understanding with the midfield is growing, he gets back to make tackles, if he's not scoring, he still puts in a solid shift for the team.. yes he probably wont be as good as he was at Liverpool, surely he wont be Falcao, but he can still score goals. get of his dick and let the guy play his game for fucks sake.