Article Ideas

BlueLion.

If you have ideas for an article you'd like to see on the site, please do post them here! I'm always looking to write for the forum, but admittedly my inspiration comes only in fits and starts - if you have any ideas you could offer, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,

Alex.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys I think we need new articles, we haven't had proper ones in months. I remember when we used to have one or two new article every week from the likes of @Strike, @SeB, @, and @. There's lots to write about now. I'd write one my self but I really don't have any free time till the holidays.

I've my exams next week, I'll be freed next wednesday. I plan to write some stuff, I could do something on "would Fellaini fit at Chelsea" ? :D

Seriously, and I would force myself to do the "yes" part even if I'll be even less convincing than Carlo Ancelotti in press conf.

I liked the idea, but if you have time it would be cool to extend it to other players (Falcao, Neymar, Moutinho, Hummels, etc).

I am able to help (since my college finishes next week). I am not as bad in tactical analyses as you might think, but I need a great english speaker though.

Maybe we could work together?

I've my exams next week, I'll be freed next wednesday. I plan to write some stuff, I could do something on "would Fellaini fit at Chelsea" ? :D

Seriously, and I would force myself to do the "yes" part even if I'll be even less convincing than Carlo Ancelotti in press conf.

Lol please do the yes part :D

I cannot find any reason other than we probably will better at set pieces

I liked the idea, but if you have time it would be cool to extend it to other players (Falcao, Neymar, Moutinho, Hummels, etc).

I am able to help (since my college finishes next week). I am not as bad in tactical analyses as you might think, but I need a great english speaker though.

Maybe we could work together?

If you write it ,,I will help with the English

If you write it ,,I will help with the English

If SeB accept it, we could do it together...

I am only worried because an article requires a level of english I dont have. Mistakes on grammar, punctuation and spelling cant happen.

Guys I think we need new articles, we haven't had proper ones in months. I remember when we used to have one or two new article every week from the likes of @Strike, @SeB, @, and @. There's lots to write about now. I'd write one my self but I really don't have any free time till the holidays.

true. but i'm busy till the 20th. will come up with a few then. lot's to write abt surely

I'm very narrow minded with PL football so I don't watch a lot of European football. I don't want to do something superficial about players I don't use to watch playing

Alright, write about Fellaini.

If people like the idea, I will write about Falcao and Neymar...

I've finished my article on Fellaini, I'll probably change two or three things tomorrow. What about the pictures btw ? I've several ones (3200 words, eyes needs a break) in creative commons license so I guess that's OK ?

When are you posting it mate?

A few ideas for possible articles...

1) Positional value. This is a big thing now in American football. I can tell you with very high accuracy what the most important to least important positions on the field are. in Football, you can tell by transfer fees what positions are most valued. (Strikers the most, keepers the least) but are they right? (Keepers are valued less because they are easiest to obtain not because they matter the least)

2) Overrated/aspects of football by the average fan. (For example, I think skill moves tend to be overrated and positioning underrated but everyone would have their own list..)

3) Big name signings and how they affected the club in the short and long terms Difficult to do, because transfers are not done in a vacuum but it's interesting. For example, the ten most expensive transfers in history (inflation included) the next season...

Team better standing in league 4

Team same standing in league 3

Team worse standing in league 3

Better performance in CL3

Same performance in CL 2

Worse performance in CL4

(1 player, Vieri, didn't play in the CL)

Summery, big signings have less impact on team performance than you might think. An interesting article which would go more in depth...

4) How much do managers really matter?

• 1 month later...

Is there any rules in term of article writing ? I am thinking to write one regarding our transfer/squad building

Just that it has to be Chelsea related. Other than that, you have all the freedom in the world :)

Where are all the people who were promising to write articles before the Christmas period? Haven't seen any apart from Seb's piece on Fellaini.

@TorontoChelsea, @Rmpr, @, @Strike, @SeB,

Here's an idea, why doesn't write about the January window and how the business that was made could affect us in the league (mainly focus on Spurs, Everton, Arsenal, WBA and obviously us). If no one wants to, I'll give a try, but I'm not as good a writer as the members I mentioned above.